The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 08:56 AM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So it turns out I missed the first ten minutes and was able to catch up on what I missed

...I recend some of my prior comments

Old 06-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #22
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukouno View Post

And while we're on the the subject of couples, I was kind of confused by the first minutes. The others are acting like sickening sweethearts, Raph gets annoyed and even complains to Chompy how he "doesn't need love". I have the feeling I'm missing something here. Did... the other pairs become official or something? A little later when Raph and Mona reunite there's also this little weird scene with Karai and Leo, where Karai doesn't quite get what Raph likes about Mona and how Leo responds to that.
Maybe I'm also reading too much into it? I don't know....
That makes me curious. In what way did Leo and Karai interact? Were they portrayed as "in love" with each other, or more as brother and sister?
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

"Just because I like you, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you."
Old 06-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So it turns out I missed the first ten minutes and was able to catch up on what I missed

...I recend some of my prior comments
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...pshzupcxxo.png
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...psi16emcjz.png
They look high as a kite.

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #25
Mukouno
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
That makes me curious. In what way did Leo and Karai interact? Were they portrayed as "in love" with each other, or more as brother and sister?
It would be best to watch it for yourself, maybe you get a different impression than me, but I'll try to describe it.

The first little scene has them sparing and obviously having fun, and Karai says something like: "Just because I like you, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you!" Or something along those lines.

I admit this isn't saying all that much and most likely just them being bros, but there's a second small scene that's a little more... dubious.

Mona and Raph reunite and the scene shifts to Karai who says how she can't believe that Raph has the hots for a Salamandrian. Cue Leo getting a wide eyed look, shifting a bit and elbowing Karai while saying: "I know, he got weird taste, right?" and Leo's smiling at her while saying that. Karai gets silent and also gains a kind of sheepish, weird look on her face and she looks away.

It's hard to describe, I'm not really good at that.
Mukouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 AM   #26
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
I didn't interprete Leo and Karai's scene in a romance way, but in that situation, to make Raph jealous, they put April-Donnie and Leo-Karai in a almost lovebirds mood (specially April and Donnie in the living room, imo that was a cute moment), so ....

I can't tell
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #27
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
I didn't interprete Leo and Karai's scene in a romance way, but in that situation, to make Raph jealous, they put April-Donnie and Leo-Karai in a almost lovebirds mood (specially April and Donnie in the living room, imo that was a cute moment), so ....

I can't tell
Also the way Leo looked at Karai when Karai reacted to seeing Raph and Mona Lisa together, and Leo telling her that Raph has weird taste.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nice episode, good to see one of the few where Mikey gets to save the day.

Naturally I slept through the first 10 min... Sounds like I missed an interesting scene. lol (Will catch it in a few on Nicktoons, or whatever channel that is.)

edit: lol Leo nudging Karai... If that wasn't an unspoken "But I'm not weird, right??" then I don't know what is. Hard to read Karai's reaction, maybe just general awkwardness. (The "like you" think didn't seem to contain any 'romantic' vibe at all, though I'm sure it's gonna be read differently to much younger fans...)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-18-2017 at 10:23 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #29
2K3
Foot Soldier

I love that Dregg's ship is called a "Maligna Ship" (awesome reference)!
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:01 AM   #30
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Good episodes but the writers forgot that April can breath normally in dimension X.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:12 AM   #31
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Good episodes but the writers forgot that April can breath normally in dimension X.
She's never been to Dimension X, so how do you know she can breath in Dimension X. Yes she's half Kraang half Human but there has been no indication she can breath there.

Last edited by Vicky82; 06-18-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #32
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Id love to watch the episode but none of the cartoon sites have it up.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Here are my good points

Is that the Starfish that ate Nobody in the Space Heroes episode? If so, nice reference. In fact, a lot of the references are pretty nice.

Utrom society seems nice. Don't want it destroyed anytime soon.

And here are the negative ones.
Spoiler:
How did the homeless guy return to his human form? He became one of the Shredder Goblins, remember? Eh... Budget I guess...

Still no acknowledgement of Dregg's robotic nature? No please, by all means, keep pretending you and the audience don't know the truth, I'm sure we'll forget if you do that...

Electricity? Does anyone remember why? Seems random.

So Newtralizer wants the Utroms dead because he was brainwashed by the Kraang? Then why did he attack the Kraang?

Newtralizer and Dregg are allies because...? Their goals happen to align this time but why did they work together in the past?

Of course Mikey came back, I expected him to, but can this show stop pretending to kill characters off?

Why did Dregg call Newtralizer by that name instead of his real on?

Wow, Raph was a total dick to Bishop at the end... Rules do exist for a reason.

Anyway, that might be a little too harsh. You can tell that shows like these are about to end when episodes tend to be like this, somehow feeling both rushed and stretched out at the same time. It's only typical.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #34
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Id love to watch the episode but none of the cartoon sites have it up.
Nevermind once again Redworld96 comes to the rescue. I can watch it I love Utrom Klatu and Utrom Nicto references to The Day The Earth Stood Still and Army of Darkness

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 06-18-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #35
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Surprised that Lord Dregg survived getting frozen in space. I wonder if he's gone for good this time.

From the Dimension X scenes, it appears that Kraang Prime really is dead.

I was right about Newtralizer being a criminal bounty hunter prior to getting captured by the Kraang. But wrong about his real name being close to Flint. Makes me wonder who hired Newtralizer to destroy the Kraang.

Would be better if Fugitoid made an appearance.

I can imagine one of the civilians asking themselves if New York City has suffered enough.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Something that did strike me, Dregg is basically just Maligna with Dregg's name/gender slapped on.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #37
JH24
Hench Mutant

@ Utromaniac @ Mukouno @ Redworld96

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it.

That's some interesting dialogue. I like how it seems open for interpretation, and how it depends on the person watching it.

Thanks again.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:08 PM   #38
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Okay so what about that giant hive full of people that were being harvested? I guess everyone was freed and survived like a 30 story fall or were they rescued? Guess we didn't have time to explain that.

However anyone else catch the nod to Aliens with the mention of Jonesy on that bug killer billboard? He was the cat in the first two Alien movies. Maybe I'm reaching but since I named my cat after him I noticed it immediately.

Also kinda glad Mikey got to save the day for once, albiet a little overkill with the electrical powers. Still not complaining tho.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #39
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Also kinda glad Mikey got to save the day for once, albiet a little overkill with the electrical powers. Still not complaining tho.
For Once??? He saved the day in End Times.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #40
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
However anyone else catch the nod to Aliens with the mention of Jonesy on that bug killer billboard? He was the cat in the first two Alien movies. Maybe I'm reaching but since I named my cat after him I noticed it immediately.
That billboard's been around since season 1. It's for pest control.