The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-15-2016, 08:22 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

So we're going to see a 75 year old man jump across death traps and run from tribal villagers throwing blades at him?

There's a reason why his scenes in Episode 7 barely had any movement, they knew to keep him out of the action scenes. And this movie will be 2-3 years later on top of that.

I bet someone did not think this through.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:45 PM   #22
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

As long as Spielberg will try his best to return this franchise to its former glory, then I will be optimistic about this. I do believe that if J.J. Abrams could do it with Star Wars: The Force Awakens could do it, then maybe Spielberg can do the same with this film can well.

I remember eight years ago when Robert Iger, the CEO of Disney, was disappointed that The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian was underperforming at the box office. He contributed that film's disappointing total to being sandwiched between Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

http://www.reuters.com/article/film-...35410820080529

Today he's obviously feeling happy because both of those franchises belong to his company.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well we had heard about this for a long time but its nice to finally see it confirmed. I'm in the minority but I thought Crystal Skull was fine. Not as good as the first or third film but about the same as Temple of Doom. I liked Mutt and it made sense to pass the torch. Do we really want Harrison Ford in this movie, what will he be doing? he's too old. Having him in a supporting cast with a younger "Indiana" would've worked, too bad fans didn't allow that to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
They need to do the story structure similar to Godfather II and then you could essentially reboot the franchise after this one with the actor used for the flashbacks.
I'd be ok with this, that could definitely work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
They did something like that once, an episode of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles had Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones in 1950 Wyoming, and he was telling a story that flash back to his younger days.

It was this episode.

Didn't know about that. So how are the YIJC? I had only heard bad things about it so I never checked it out but now my curiosity is peaked.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 12:04 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So we're going to see a 75 year old man jump across death traps and run from tribal villagers throwing blades at him?
Probably not, and probably a minimal use of CGI. This will be "Indy 5: The Apology." And I think it's great. I just hope they don't veer too far into "The Force Awakens" greatest hits territory.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #25
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Indy vs neo-nazis for a BIGGER Arc of Covenant!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:14 AM   #26
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

There's a reason why his scenes in Episode 7 barely had any movement, they knew to keep him out of the action scenes. And this movie will be 2-3 years later on top of that.

I bet someone did not think this through.
Who said anything about him doing his own stunts? Have you ever heard of something called a stunt double?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #27
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder when the 5th movie will take place, the last one was in the 50s, you think it's possible they will set it during the 60s?
I speculated as much when Crystal Skull came out, but he aged better than I gave him credit for...
Spoiler:

I was pissed at the time because they didn't use my idea for the fourth movie...
Spoiler:

Cyndi Lauper + Burt Reynolds = surefire hit!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:24 AM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Indy 4 took place in 1957, so they could have it take place 5 years later in 1962.

Indy 4 was during the cold war, perhaps Indy 5 can be during the Vietnam war?
Old 03-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #29
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Shia hate

You really can't blame Shia for the last movie being bad. He got hired to play the role and he played it. Hate on the writers, producers, ect.

He's acting ability is undeniably excellent. Holes, Disturbia, Charlie Countryman, Lawless, ect.

He got two teeth taken out and cut himself and repeatedly opened the wounds for filming to make 'Fury' more realistic. Dropped acid and filmed himself acting on it to make his 'Charlie Countryman' charater more realistic. You don't find that dedication often. And he thrusts himself into every role that he plays. No matter what role he plays you can't blame him personally for a movie being bad.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #30
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I agree; you can't blame him for the movie - He was getting the big Hollywood push at the time, and I think people were suffering from LaBeouf fatigue. There was a general fear that he may be Indy's replacement, and it felt to some that he was being promoted to the big leagues without paying his dues so to speak... and then he lost his mind and started crapping on the film publicly, which was a bad move professionally, and left him looking like a jerk in the eyes of the public.

For the record, I kind'a like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I don't think it's as big of a travesty as people make out. I feel like Crystal Skull is to Raiders of the Lost Ark what Escape from LA is to Escape from New York, and not like The Phantom Menace v Star Wars.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:40 PM   #31
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't really blame anyone for "Crystal Skull." They tried something new with a fan favorite character and it didn't work. It's not even a terrible movie, it just doesn't measure up well when compared to the previous movies.

Maybe this one will?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:57 AM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just want to know can you really survive a nuclear blast by climbing into a refrigerator and shutting the door?
Old 03-18-2016, 01:04 AM   #33
Commenter 42
Banned

Let's try it?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:49 AM   #34
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Possibly not. I don't think many people would survive being dragged under a truck either.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:03 AM   #35
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Or falling out of an airplane and landing on a mountain side in an inflatable raft.
Or having their still beating heart ripped out of their chest while they watch and...survive.

The list goes on.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:06 PM   #36
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Uh oh! This isn't good!

Quote:
David Koepp has signed on to write the script for Indiana Jones 5. Koepp is a longtime collaborator of director Steven Spielberg’s, having written Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, War of the Worlds, and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
http://comicbook.com/2016/03/18/indi...-skull-writer/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I liked The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I think he will do fine since George Lucas isn't involved, remember, it was George Lucas that wanted an alien in the first place.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Oh no! Say it ain't so! Whatever will we do?
Old 03-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #39
snake
Disgusting

I hope it's atlantis. I kinda hope for Mutt too, I didn't mind him.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #40
CyberCubed
Overlord

What kind of name is, "Mutt" anyway? Sounds like a name for a dog or a derogatory insult used for some racial minority in movies and TV shows. The hell were they thinking with that name?