The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #41
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, I remember being a teenager on a forum full of 20+ year olds and back then I felt like such a kid too.

I was like 14 years old on this sci-fi forum where everyone else was like 21-26 year old adults. Funny thing is nobody there knew how young I was, I just kept posting my opinions on things and was talking with people 10 years older than me.

Now *I'm* the old person and now I'm interacting with young teenagers.
I was 18 when I joined this place. At the time lots of older users were still posting here. Most of them already at least 25 or already in their early 30s. I felt so young at the time.

Quote:
Yeah, I think people don't realize how much young teenagers are influenced by the things they read online, or the things people say to them. I know I was.

Also a lot of flamewars in various forums with people hating each other over stupid things, most of it is because teenagers treat it like they're in school and have grudges over forum members.

I learned a lot when I first came online around the time I was 13 or so.
Lots of adults seem to hold grudges here too, though. In fact, I think I've seen worse attitudes from adult users here than from younger ones. Some example we're to the youngsters, eh?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #42
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I'm 30 years old (born in 1986).
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #43
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Lots of adults seem to hold grudges here too, though. In fact, I think I've seen worse attitudes from adult users here than from younger ones.
That's often the case. I don't hang out in the Phantom of the Opera community any more because even though there are plenty of adults there, many of whom have read the book, they are still extremely immature. Many of them treat you like crap for disagreeing over certain points. I also had a similar experience with a historical society to celebrate the life of Joseph Merrick.

Where as, I've found many TMNT fans, especially of the Nick series, are accepting of people with different views of the show.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #44
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

I'm 17, I'll be 18 in a little over a month.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #45
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I was 18 when I joined this place. At the time lots of older users were still posting here. Most of them already at least 25 or already in their early 30s. I felt so young at the time.

Lots of adults seem to hold grudges here too, though. In fact, I think I've seen worse attitudes from adult users here than from younger ones. Some example we're to the youngsters, eh?
That's because a lot of the adults hold to the older stuff very dearly, and when they remake it, they would have fits when it's not how they remembered it.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Here is the Life expectancy chart. Average age of death is 71 years old now, which seems oddly low to me given how many people live to their 80's and 90's nowadays:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy

Also look at the older years when people only made it to 35. Yikes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
19. It feels really weird hanging around people here who are old enough to be my parents.
Only if I'd been a teenage mother. No thanks.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #48
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Here is the Life expectancy chart. Average age of death is 71 years old now, which seems oddly low to me given how many people live to their 80's and 90's nowadays
Anyone find it strange how TMNT: Fast Forward was set in 2105 which is less than 100 year in the future. If I live to 112 it will be in my lifetime and I don't for a second think it's going to be accurate.

We'll look at it the same way we look at Space 1999 now.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:02 PM   #49
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Well yeah it is NOW, but when that season aired (late 2005) it WAS 100 years in the future. But yeah I don't see it being accurate either.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 PM   #50
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno... them there Turtles have had a knack for predicting things. Back in that '80s show they had Turtlecoms before we had cell phones; Donnie hooked up his dimensional teleportal thing so that it basically doubled as something like a big flat screen tv; April could look up stuff on her computer at Channel 6 as if she had internet. These things seem common place now until you realize their real life equivalents didn't exist yet.

Goodness knows what these Turtles, esp other versions, have also predicted that we don't know about yet... lol

Being nearing the last couple years of the 30s as I am, is it weird that I'd lately been feeling a touch sad about my vehicle pushing the big 4-0...000 (miles) itself? lol It finally hit it on the way to work this afternoon. Although given it's age this is really low mileage. But that reminder that I'll catch up to it in a couple years, minus the last three digits...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-28-2017 at 09:29 PM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #51
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
That was just awesome.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:03 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's hard to believe we'll all drop dead at some point in the future.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:09 PM   #53
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, real hard. It's not like it's the most common thing in all of existence or anything.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #54
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Imagine if there was a scene in a fantasy movie where the hero visits an oracle who looks them straight in the eye and solemnly proclaims: 'You will die.'

Hero starts freaking out and asks when.

Oracle: 'At the end of your life.'
Old 02-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I dunno... them there Turtles have had a knack for predicting things. Back in that '80s show they had Turtlecoms before we had cell phones
Pretty sure many other film things "predicted" those way before the Fred Wolf crap. Like, I dunno, Star Trek TOS in the 60s.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #56
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I feel like I'm old enough as I am. Getting old sucks. I like where I'm at now. The thought of getting married and having kids in a few years or whatever is enthralling, but I want to enjoy my relative youth while I still can.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #57
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
They were always useful to me when I'd have some nagging question about random movies. I'd always get a ton of answers back.
Exactly, you could always rely on there being answers, if you wanted to dig through filth. I would be all for strong authentication for IMDB message boards, if they ever come back. Sometimes it was even funny to read messages from haters.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:01 AM   #58
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm waiting for the 'what is your mother's maiden name?' thread, followed by a call from the credit card company.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

It would make sense most TMNT fans skew older, as many of us were around for the original TMNT fad in the 80's and 90's. We would HAVE to be in our late 20's or early 30's if we were around back then.

What would be interesting to me is the young teens/20 year olds who came on board during the 2k3 or Nick era.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #60
snake
Disgusting

15. Joined when I was 11.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote