The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

I dunno, I think the two panels with Splinter are from #99, though I could be wrong. The IDW folks tend to post them all mixed up. The only ones we know for sure are from #98 are Bebop and Rocksteady's and Agent Lewis'. I do agree that the story has grown too big for a measly 20-something pages a month with no secondary ongoing or at least a steady stream of minis to share the burden. It's been that way since shortly after #50, but now in the absence of Universe it becomes all the more obvious. And while I understand the decision from a technical and workload point of view, it certainly stands out that an arc with the size and gravitas of City at War didn't justify at least another mini running alongside it when others such as City Fall and Trial of Krang did.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

I feel like there's a lot going on, especially with Jennika mutated, Baxter running for office, in addition to both Bishop and Karai going after the Turtles at the same time. And now with the Pantheon observing the chaos. Some stuff like Leatherhead got a 1 panel teaser, and Null is probably not going to appear again for the rest of the arc.

It's why I do hope for a bit of a culling of the main cast after this, we're due for a few more character deaths and I don't just want to see a repeat of the end of issue 50 where Karai just retreats with her minions to come back later on again. Characters like Hun, Koya and Bludgeon are also starting to feel like they ran their course, but I guess we'll see.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #23
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I dunno, I think the two panels with Splinter are from #99, though I could be wrong. The IDW folks tend to post them all mixed up. The only ones we know for sure are from #98 are Bebop and Rocksteady's and Agent Lewis'. I do agree that the story has grown too big for a measly 20-something pages a month with no secondary ongoing or at least a steady stream of minis to share the burden. It's been that way since shortly after #50, but now in the absence of Universe it becomes all the more obvious. And while I understand the decision from a technical and workload point of view, it certainly stands out that an arc with the size and gravitas of City at War didn't justify at least another mini running alongside it when others such as City Fall and Trial of Krang did.
Especially during Invasion of the Triceratons when a few issues of Universe were dedicated to the Triceratons and the story surrounding the invasion. If there was a secondary title or mini with City at War, that could've at least helped with something tho granted some previous minis helped establish what some characters were doing prior to their appearances here.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:25 PM   #24
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

First look (spoilers!):

Spoiler:

AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:38 AM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Hm... Smart move considering the bomb, makes sense to have some insurance.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 06:12 AM   #26
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Slash clones?

Hunter won over that easy after helping Casey the last issue? There needs to be more convincing to make it work.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:09 AM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

From his perspective, Hun is still helping Casey by getting rid of the mutants. The clones thing is so obvious that I'm surprised none of us saw it coming, especially since Turtles in Time #4 already sort of teased something like this happening (with the Bebop and Rocksteady clones).

"Let's destroy the poison! How? By making more poison!" - Bishop, probably.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #28
daggio
Foot Soldier

HA! SLASH CLONES! I CALLED IT! I AM THE KING!

I remember that from my thread after Slash died, talking about the possibility of the EPF retaining a clone of Slash.....but 2? Didn't see that coming. Now that I think of it, I kinda wished it would be Tokka and Rahzar, Tokka being a more mutated version of Slash and Rahzar being a more mutated version of, whoever......I'm never happy
Old 09-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm predicting Hun will die by issue 100. Seems like his character has run its course.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Darn autocorrect won't let me type Hun.

So Slash will live on replaced by a redeemed clone?
Old 09-15-2019, 10:20 AM   #31
ChosenOne
Banned

Actually, I foresee Metalhead changing sides and doing something to dispose of those clones, possibly by self-destructing. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:27 AM   #32
daggio
Foot Soldier

I wonder if this means that clones of Sally, Ray, Pete, Mondo, and Raph might start popping up later on down the road.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Oh DAMN.

That's terrifying. I did not think Bishop would do this.

Eek.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:23 PM   #34
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh DAMN.

That's terrifying. I did not think Bishop would do this.

Eek.
This could end with Bishop needing a clone body to survive and his status quo would be more aligned with the 2003 cartoon.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This could end with Bishop needing a clone body to survive and his status quo would be more aligned with the 2003 cartoon.
I would like that.

Get him out of that weird little bobble head body. I hate it.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

This could also end with a clone of Saki being created.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #37
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well then! That will certainly take an interesting turn (plus one whole mega-ultra p*ssed Hob)
Old 09-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #38
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I would like that.

Get him out of that weird little bobble head body. I hate it.
I have come around on the reincarnation bit since the violence of it was skimmed to focus on the narrative purpose of it and Slash's sacrifice as well. The way Krang went out and the reveal of Bishop's true nature not so much. Agent Bishop can be rectified as the plot is available as this proves. Not sure how much of the readership/fanbase was not happy with the IDW twist with Agent Bishop. This is a fix for it. He may not be Andrew Jackson's contemporary, but he still can have enough similar background with this.

There were the Shredder Clones from Return to New York so we might get a tease of what you suggest, but not have Saki return in full. The question of how he will factor into he return of the dragon father is the question. If he was redeemed upon defeat in The Gantlet due to regaining his honor and Shredder In Hell suggest that, a siding with Splinter would be a likely twist.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:21 PM   #39
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
There were the Shredder Clones from Return to New York so we might get a tease of what you suggest, but not have Saki return in full. The question of how he will factor into he return of the dragon father is the question. If he was redeemed upon defeat in The Gantlet due to regaining his honor and Shredder In Hell suggest that, a siding with Splinter would be a likely twist.
The thing with Saki is, he's currently dead and hence his soul is "available" to return in a new body. Bishop on the other hand is very much alive, how would him being cloned even work? Just like IRL, the clone wouldn't be him, just like those two mutant snapping turtles aren't Slash. His soul, memories, personality, whatever, would all remain in his original body. He's been too sci-fi based so far to suddenly swerve into the mystical side of things. Unlike Saki.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:25 PM   #40
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The thing with Saki is, he's currently dead and hence his soul is "available" to return in a new body. Bishop on the other hand is very much alive, how would him being cloned even work? Just like IRL, the clone wouldn't be him, just like those two mutant snapping turtles aren't Slash. His soul, memories, personality, whatever, would all remain in his original body. He's been too sci-fi based so far to suddenly swerve into the mystical side of things. Unlike Saki.
Transfer of consciousness from a dying body to a clone backup. Slash clone might get the best of him in poetic justice and the only way to save him. Shredder's or more precisely Oroku Saki could take control of the dragon father and save the day.