The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 01-09-2022, 08:57 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Next Mutation: 'Season Two'

It's a disaster piece rightfully axed after one season, but what would a second season have looked like?

Had a second season been made, we would have seen the introduction of April O'Neil, Casey Jones, and even elements and characters from the 80s cartoon such as Krang. Imagine Krang on a Saban era budget?

Obviously I can't do much in the way of reviving the show just to experience the inventible online vitriol that would ensue if it were to come out, but I can damn sure try to bring that aborted vision to life through the creative world of fanediting.

Episode One is a straight forward adaptation of the Power Rangers/Next Mutation team-up "Shell Shocked", I've replaced the opening title theme with the much cooler and kick-ass end credit theme.

Episode Two is a bit more experimental. Obviously with no further footage I had to scour Youtube for exploitable Fanfilm content, the result isn't perfect, and some of it is a lot edgier than what the otherwise kid-friendly Next Mutation provided, but I find it hits the spot. Due to how short these fanfilms are, I had to structure the edit like a copy of an old VHS tape, with adverts for other Saban products and even the Next Mutation music video with the original (and inferior) theme song. As for how I deal with Venus in this episode...sometimes it pays to be a fan of Itchy and Scratchy is all I'll say

https://pastebin.com/mbWFzQBj
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
sdp
doomer

It's difficult to find accurate information that you can say is 100% legit, here is all the info I know of a cancelled Ninja Turtles Next Mutation Season 2. But knowing Saban they would've kitbashed a bunch of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers monsters perhaps as mutants if they had gotten creative, I mean they had Shellshock already he would've been a great Slash in the show.

For the first edit I'm glad you included the footage from Save our ship since it is an important plot point, I believe when the DVDs of TNM came out it included the PRs episode of the crossover but you lacked the context of the ending of Save Our Ship. I didn't like the theme change, would've preferred to have it had either the original TNM theme or even the redone theme Netflix/DVD version had.

Second episode is really weird, it probably would be a lot more work but perhaps trying to fit in random Power Ranger villain footage would work better with random scenes from TNM? I do like the VHS look you were going for with the commercials, it adds to the experience.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I didn't like the theme change, would've preferred to have it had either the original TNM theme or even the redone theme Netflix/DVD version had.
I gave the Netflix/DVD version a listen and just didn't take much to it. The credits theme I recall really digging as a kid, sometimes with my OCD it was the part of every NM episode I taped I replayed the most, so a lot of it has to do with nostalgia.

Quote:
I do like the VHS look you were going for with the commercials, it adds to the experience.
Best I could do to pad out the very short run times of those fanfilms, necessity ever the mother of invention.

Thanks for the feedback though, I like possibly blending MMPR footage with NM footage. Maybe I could do it for a short.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote