The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-16-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
Allio
Foot Elite

Videogame Collection

since there isn't a thread for this, what is in your videogame collection? you can either list the games you have or post pictures if you want - perhaps even share the games you even have pre-order or plan to add to your collection.

off hand right next to me, I have my PS4 games - keep in mind, I got my PS4 last november

PS4:
Spoiler:
Batman - Telltale Series
Bioshock - The Collection
Darksiders 2 - Deathinitive Edition
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Dragonball Xenoverse
Gravity Rush -Remastered-
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Nights of Azure
Nitro BlasterZ
One Piece: Burning Blood
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura - Estival Versus
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattaan
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (came free with my PS4)
Uncharted 4
Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis

PS4 i have on Pre-order
Spoiler:

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
Digimon World: Next Order
Dragonball Xenverse 2
Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
The Last Guardian
Shantae: Half genie Hero

so. how about you guys.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:28 AM   #2
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Pretty sweet collection. I'll be taking some pics then I'll post what all I have

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:41 AM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

I never end up completing lists of this sort because I have so darn much, and with some systems they're either not physically here or I just can't find all of the games, especially after a move.

It makes me sad, actually. I have so much that I'm proud of, not on a "hey I have this rare/obscure/odd title or system" but on a personal level, that I've never been able to accurately catalogue.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:51 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I probably have 500 games from all 6 Nintendo consoles, Playstation consoles, Gameboy/GBA/DS/3DS games....and digital games...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:20 AM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I never end up completing lists of this sort because I have so darn much, and with some systems they're either not physically here or I just can't find all of the games, especially after a move.

It makes me sad, actually. I have so much that I'm proud of, not on a "hey I have this rare/obscure/odd title or system" but on a personal level, that I've never been able to accurately catalogue.
Pretty much. No way I can remember from the top of my head how many damn games I own. Plus there's others which I'm not so sure if I can count them as "my games" or as "my brother's games". And considering my NES no longer works and I never play on my Sega Saturn or N64 nowadays, I might as well not have those consoles and those games anymore.

I've never been one to collect every game out there, though. I buy games primarily to play them. I have no interest whatsoever in buying a crappy game just to say I own every SNES game.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:33 AM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I've never been one to collect every game out there, though. I buy games primarily to play them. I have no interest whatsoever in buying a crappy game just to say I own every SNES game.
Yeah the only s**tty games I ever knowingly buy are in specific collections that I maintain (certain licenses like TMNT, fighting games, etc.). I won't buy a game I have zero interest in just to have it and unless the number released on a system is laughably small and easy to obtain I have no reason to collect everything on any given platform.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:08 AM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah the only s**tty games I ever knowingly buy are in specific collections that I maintain (certain licenses like TMNT, fighting games, etc.). I won't buy a game I have zero interest in just to have it and unless the number released on a system is laughably small and easy to obtain I have no reason to collect everything on any given platform.
The worst games me and my brother own are 2 of Simpson's NES games. Bart vs. the Space Mutants and Bart vs. the World . TMNT BattleNexus for the GameCube is also mediocre as is the first ever NES TMNT game, but hardly games we beat ourselves for buying.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
Allio
Foot Elite

found out Limitedrunggames will be publishing Shantae Risky's revenge and The Pirate's curse on PS4 for a limited run, so I'll probably be adding those to my collection
Old 09-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

well I to have a ton of games as well, but i think i'll just post my more recent gen stuff, like Xbox One, PS4, etc.

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 09-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #10
Turo602
The King of Kings

Here's my collection.
Spoiler:
Old 09-28-2016, 01:07 AM   #11
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Nice dude, I like

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 09-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #12
Ninjinister
無問題

Well, this is far from my entire collection (lol) but I found my Dreamcast and games after NINE YEARS. I'm pretty excited.

Here's what I recovered (plus Pier Solar for completion's sake, since it came out recently). Then I realized that Smashpack was under Street Fighter 3 in this photo. D'oh.

We got Dino Crisis, Dead or Alive 2, ECW Revolution (actually my brother's but he told me to take it with me when I found this stuff), Confidential Mission, Sonic Shuffle, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, The Ring: Terror's Realm, Street Fighter III: Double Impact (with Smashpack under it as noted), Mortal Kombat Gold, Carrier, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Pier Solar.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:23 AM   #13
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Well, this is far from my entire collection (lol) but I found my Dreamcast and games after NINE YEARS. I'm pretty excited.

Here's what I recovered (plus Pier Solar for completion's sake, since it came out recently). Then I realized that Smashpack was under Street Fighter 3 in this photo. D'oh.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8350/2...90e00305_o.png

We got Dino Crisis, Dead or Alive 2, ECW Revolution (actually my brother's but he told me to take it with me when I found this stuff), Confidential Mission, Sonic Shuffle, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, The Ring: Terror's Realm, Street Fighter III: Double Impact (with Smashpack under it as noted), Mortal Kombat Gold, Carrier, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and Pier Solar.
DOA2 !!!! COOL DEAL!!!

did you ever get play the Japanese version?

basically the same exact game with tons more unlockable costumes.
maybe even a new fighting area?
Old 11-05-2016, 12:47 AM   #14
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Just updated my collection thread with items that also could be relevant to this thread and interesting to those that frequent it.
No reason to double post photos so have link below. I am happy to have finally dusted off some of this stuff and getting it organized...somewhat.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:13 AM   #15
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
How the hell do you afford all those games or even find time to play all the games
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:01 PM   #16
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I finally finished the series of Game Boy trading cards with the pick up of card #7. I started the collection in 1993 and just recently within the last year have been trying to complete it. Full collection posted in my thread. Link below.

I know not games but still thought relevant and could be somewhat cool to check out for those that frequent this thread. So thanks for allowing me to share.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #17
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Had a NES and SNES. Sold them. Miss videogames now again.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:01 PM   #18
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I actually started thinning out a lot of my collection last year because I didn't have the systems to play them on and decided to just sell them on ebay to make some extra cash and let someone else enjoy them. I generally don't keep new games too long anymore because I just finish them and trade them if they're not multiplayer. One cool thing I do have though is an ENORMOUS collection of Electronic Gaming Monthly. Also one of my prize possessions is a Tips and Tricks issue from May of 2002 that has my name in it because I'm a die hard Metal Gear fan and took part in a worldwide Speed Tourney for Sons of Liberty and my time tied for 10th in the world at 96min. If my house were on fire I'd rush back in to get that magazine. Also I once had a letter printed in an issue of EGM that had Snake on the cover and that is also one of my treasured possessions as well.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Had a NES and SNES. Sold them. Miss videogames now again.
Yeah me too. Had several consoles over the years from Nintendo and Sega both. But I really want the SNES and N64 again. Just don't want to pay prices that this retro stuff brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I actually started thinning out a lot of my collection last year because I didn't have the systems to play them on and decided to just sell them on ebay to make some extra cash and let someone else enjoy them. I generally don't keep new games too long anymore because I just finish them and trade them if they're not multiplayer. One cool thing I do have though is an ENORMOUS collection of Electronic Gaming Monthly. Also one of my prize possessions is a Tips and Tricks issue from May of 2002 that has my name in it because I'm a die hard Metal Gear fan and took part in a worldwide Speed Tourney for Sons of Liberty and my time tied for 10th in the world at 96min. If my house were on fire I'd rush back in to get that magazine. Also I once had a letter printed in an issue of EGM that had Snake on the cover and that is also one of my treasured possessions as well.
Congrats dude on holding that record. I would like to see those two covers you mentioned sometime if possible. What years does your magazine collection run?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #20
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah me too. Had several consoles over the years from Nintendo and Sega both. But I really want the SNES and N64 again. Just don't want to pay prices that this retro stuff brings.

Congrats dude on holding that record. I would like to see those two covers you mentioned sometime if possible. What years does your magazine collection run?
It probably dates back to around 2001-2002ish. Although I did have some EGM's from the very early 90's and wound up losing them at a buddy's house. They were really cool because they had every single fatality from Mortal Kombat 2 in them. Among reviews of classic games when they originally released. My buddy's EGM collection goes back to probably 97ish but I think he got rid of all his. Those things are great pieces of gaming history to me. A really fun thing to do is read about games that everyone was really excited about that history has shown to actually turn out to be pretty crappy games. LOL!