The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-21-2021, 09:42 AM   #21
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i'm just happy to have anything still going. i do find it interesting that there is stuff sophie wants to do but says the higher ups won't let it be done. so, when is a tmnt story that wasn't from the early mirage area not a technical fanfiction story?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:43 AM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
This summed it up so well:
http://i.imgur.com/jN7Jc1bl.jpg
"You can have any Ninja Turtle comic you want, so long as it's about Jennika."
I actually think it's a bit unfair. That's just one month. I give them credit for recently allowing Urban Legends to be printed, which is a pretty adult-rated book, and now they are allowing The Last Ronin.

I guess, overall, I just think they are giving us some good stuff, which is why I don't mind all the Jennika stuff. I'm not reading it, and I'm not really feeling the character, but I don't feel like it's the only option.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #23
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I must be weird because I have been enjoying all of the comics so far lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:58 AM   #24
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

I said it before,I wouldn't really mind if this was TMNT Universe or some other spinoff,but this is the MAIN title about a band battle with lower stakes then an average episode of FW cartoon. We wanna see Burrnow Island, Shredder, LeatherKrang...the actually interesting things.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:18 PM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I agree with Andrew. IDW would rather see the book go down in flames so long as it was "on the right side of history" before they'd be seen as caving in to a "problematic" and "less progressive" group of fans.
And the great cosmic joke of it all is, they're not even "on the right side of history" anyway. There's gonna be a wake-up call, and it's gonna come in fast. Anyone who says they expect to see mass suicides when it hits won't be accused of crazy talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
I said it before,I wouldn't really mind if this was TMNT Universe or some other spinoff,but this is the MAIN title about a band battle with lower stakes then an average episode of FW cartoon. We wanna see Burrnow Island, Shredder, LeatherKrang...the actually interesting things.
This.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #26
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

august's issue looks interesting.
Spoiler:

A protest at the Mutanimals HQ turns violent and threatens to destabilize Mutant Town permanently! TMNT allies and enemies rush to take advantage of the situation but not before Old Hob makes a surprise decision that will shake allegiances!

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 05-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
august's issue looks interesting.

A protest at the Mutanimals HQ turns violent and threatens to destabilize Mutant Town permanently! TMNT allies and enemies rush to take advantage of the situation but not before Old Hob makes a surprise decision that will shake allegiances!
Saki rocking that sweet Ghost of Tsushima vibe, nice!
Old 05-21-2021, 01:21 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since that's issue 120 I guess we really are spending the next 50 issues in mutant town.

Maybe by issue 151 we'll go back to the other plotlines.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:33 PM   #29
Wentos
Foot Soldier

I'm in the middle of listening to this interview and while I agree with a lot of Mark's points, I don't think he's being fair when he says the reason Jennika is being featured so prominently is because Campbell is subbing her in for Artemisia. For one thing, their personalities are miles apart. For another, Jennika being a fifth ninja turtle wasn't even Campbell's idea. Waltz proudly posted his half-baked pitch to Campbell on his Twitter feed when she was first mutated a couple years ago. IMO the reason Campbell is using Jennika so much is because Waltz just plopped a fifth turtle into the book with absolutely no plan. The ramifications were not explored and Jennika herself had no personality to speak of. So I think Campbell might be overcompensating by basically rebuilding Jennika from scratch, giving her the characterization that the other four turtles have gotten over the last 100 issues.

Bare in mind, I'm not excusing any of this. Jennika still sucks, "the fifth female turtle" will always be a creatively bankrupt idea, and the execution has been pretty wretched despite Campbell's best efforts.

EDIT: These sales numbers are meaningless. Mark is harping on the book bottoming out around 10,000 copies per issue after issue #100, but that's where the book has been for years. The reason the numbers were higher in the issues leading up to #100 was because of short-term interest in the fifth turtle, and the milestone issue sales bump. The reality is that there's about 10,000 hardcore TMNT fans who will buy the IDW book no matter what it does.

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.

Last edited by Wentos; 05-21-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since that's issue 120 I guess we really are spending the next 50 issues in mutant town.

Burnow Island by then should be like that panel in the final issue of Invincible where they realize they got to the alien planet a couple of centuries too late.
Old 05-21-2021, 02:04 PM   #31
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

In all honesty,unless the book turns around fast,I don't see it making past #130 or so. And even that might be too optimistic.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:20 PM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

Y'all need to interact with fans outside of this site. There are more haters of the current run here pound-for-pound than the general population.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I was speculating on this some more, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelodeon was now pushing Jennika a bit. Maybe they feel the loss in sales is worth it if Jennika ends up slowly catching on. I know Tom has made it clear that the character wasn't a Nick/Viacom mandate, but maybe they are big supporters of the character and are pushing for her to be the main focus of that book. Hell, maybe it was part of the 'tit for tat' when it came to greenlighting the gritty, adult Last Ronin book.
All just wild speculation - not to be taken too seriously.
I'd be honestly shocked if Nick was pushing anything on IDW, especially stuff IDW themselves came up with. As far as I've been aware, the extent of Nick's involvement in IDW TMNT is just saying "yes" or "no" to the stories and comics IDW wants to put out.

Which isn't to say Jennika may or may not be giving Nick "ideas" for things in larger media. Maybe. After all, now they have clearance to make a female Turtle and can even say in press releases, "featuring Jennika, as seen in the TMNT comics."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:58 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Y'all need to interact with fans outside of this site. There are more haters of the current run here pound-for-pound than the general population.
While it is certainly outside this site, the echo chamber known as Twitter hardly qualifies as the general population.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:30 PM   #35
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
While it is certainly outside this site, the echo chamber known as Twitter hardly qualifies as the general population.
think here's bad, you should see the bitching on 4chan's co/ when a turtle thread gets going. thing is it almost always seems to be a few people raging while most others are maybe meh or it's ok. as the old saying goes, haters are gonna hate.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 05-21-2021, 06:34 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
think here's bad, you should see the bitching on 4chan's co/ when a turtle thread gets going. thing is it almost always seems to be a few people raging while most others are maybe meh or it's ok. as the old saying goes, haters are gonna hate.
And, uh... lovers... are gonna love. Which is why ultimately it's the sales numbers that matter. Funny how we haven't seen or heard anything about those lately, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence. Heh.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #37
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I've seen a lot of hate for this chunk of the run on Facebook. Twitter seems the opposite. It's a mixed bag.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:10 PM   #38
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
You do realise 4Chan is anonymous, right? Like even more so than a forum like this one, here we have usernames to track the posts, on 4Chan the threads just track the amount IPs posts have been made from but there is no way to track who said what unless the poster wanted you to. In a thread with 200 replies from 20 different IP adresses, you can't tell if it's 20 people making ten posts each or 19 IP adresses each making one with some oddball throwing out 181 posts all by himself. People are constantly confusing users for other users and "I'm not that anon" is one of the most common prefices on 4Chan, it is that anonymous.

So there really is no way of telling if the people who don't like Sophie's run are in the minority or majority on 4Chan.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:23 PM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Plus, the "general population" is full of morons. It's THEIR fault, after all, that the Transformers movies made a zillion dollars collectively, Cardi B is a platinum-selling "artist", and we're up to like ten "Fast & Furious" movies.

If the "general population" likes something, that's a pretty sure sign that it's trash. With very few exceptions which only serve to prove the rule.

When it comes to TMNT, I care more what real fans think than some randos whose only interaction with the franchise in 30 years is watching FW clips on YouTube and gushing over "Secret of the Ooze" when it comes on cable.

Purist as f*ck, never sorry.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:23 PM   #40
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
They don't seem to buy the comic,thou.