The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Ninjinister
無問題

Ninjinister Likes 3 3/4" figures (collection photos)

A couple of years ago, I wasn't really a fan of 3 3/4 action figures. They're quite expensive for something so small. However, my mum got me a Flash/Prof. Zoom 2-pack and now I can't get enough of them. I still find them to be way too expensive ($8-10 on average in this area), but most of the time I get them on sale or clearance, or find them ridiculously cheap online. I estimate that I have more than 40 of them, mostly Marvels, but also a few DCs and even a couple of Hellboys. Bizarrely, almost every DC fig I have had some role in Blackest Night/Brightest Day, despite there not being no actual figures in that scale from that storyline.

Anyway, from time to time I'll be uploading some photos of some select figures/groups from my collection. Enjoy.

My two Deadpool figs (Deadpool is AWESOME)
The one on the left is from the deluxe Deadpool figure that came with a giant rocket launcher (it, for some reason, was cheaper than the standard figure), and the right one is the much-despised "Weapon XI" version from X-Men Origins: Wolverine (I saw it on clearance for like $3 so I thought "why the hell not")

"Freedom Prevails!"
Ol' Cap'n America. From left to right: Standard, Classic, WWII (Ultimate), Black & White, and Bucky Barnes.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Welcome to the club buddy!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
Ninjinister
無問題

There's a club? :p

Here's a few more:

Cyclops. Wolverine & The X-Men version on the left, Secret Wars on the right

Spider-Woman. Jessica Drew on the left, Julia Carpenter on the right.

Wonder Woman. Classic and Standard.

Starro. Obviously larger than 3 3/4" but it's part of the line.

Skrull Giant Man, Yellow Jacket, and Ant Man

Last edited by Ninjinister; 01-04-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #4
Ninjinister
無問題

More I say, more!

Sabretooth. The left one is the standard comic version, and the one on the right is based on the diminutive Liev Schreiber portrayal in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Norman Osborn! First one is the Green Goblin from the Marvel Universe line, and the second one is from the Spider-man line. Third, is a special shiny repaint with a rubbery pumpkin bomb called "Sky Bomber" Green Goblin. Next, we have Iron Patriot in standard and unmasked.

We are Venom! Left to right: Toxic Blast Venom, Water Spitter Venom, Aqua Venom, and Dark Spider-Man (which technically counts)

Monsieur Mallah and The Brain, the team of a male gorilla and the disembodied brain of a male human... that are in love with one another.

Flash! x2! Barry Allen and (I think) Wally West.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #5
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Cool Collection you have there love the Deadpool Figs always liked Deadpool.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
There's a club? :p
It seemed like at one point there was a lack of people collecting these, especially around here. I'm just really glad to see them catching on is all.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Venom
Space Knight

I like how Bucky's pistol makes it look like he's flipping off the Steves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post

"Freedom Prevails!"
Ol' Cap'n America. From left to right: Standard, Classic, WWII (Ultimate), Black & White, and Bucky Barnes.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
It seemed like at one point there was a lack of people collecting these, especially around here. I'm just really glad to see them catching on is all.
Well if that's the case, I've been in the "club" for a while (a year or two at least), I've just never taken photos.

Hellboy and Johann Kraus. I honestly love these more on the whole, than the others in my collection. Not only because I'm a big Hellboy fan, but because they're much more detailed and painted better than the Marvel or DC figures, and come with decent accessories for approximately the same price. It's a shame that there aren't very many in this line.

Secret Wars Hulk, Red Hulk, and World War Hulk

Human Torches: Jim Hammond and Johnny Storm

Young Bucky Barnes, Winter Soldier, and his Captain America incarnation, just for completion's sake. So now he's flipping himself off.

Batman, JLU Batman, and old man Wayne.

Nightwing (Dick Grayson of course) and Tim Drake Robin

Mary Jane Watson and Kitty Pryde, with their accompanying Pet Avengers members, Ms. Lion and Lockheed. They definitely need to release more Pet Avengers.

More shots of the Pet Avengers.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Awesome! And thanks for sharing the collection, really digging it.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

Green Lanterns! I like Green Lantern. Classic Hal Jordan, standard Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, "energized" Guy Gardner, "energized" John Stewart, and Kyle Rayner as Parallax.

Some miscellaneous DC characters. Captain Boomerang, Anti-Monitor, Black Canary, Black Hand, Superman, and Martian Manhunter

Comic and movie Iron Mongers

Jim Rhodes as Secret Wars Iron Man and Omega Factor Iron Man.

Spider-Man set 1. Battle Glider Spidey, standard Spidey, Fire Blast Spidey, Amazing Friends Spidey, Tobey Maguire Spidey, House of M Spidey

Spider-Man set 2. Web Shield Spidey, Web Strike Spidey (Ben Reilly), red & black Spidey, Web Blast Spidey, Stealth Ninja Spidey, Flight Adventure Spidey

Web Net Spidey, Night Mission Spidey, Deep Dive Spidey, Armored Attack Spidey, Iron Spidey (removed legs for ease of storage), Ice Armor Spidey, Dark Spidey (again only for completion's sake), Black costume Spidey, Spidey 2099

Miscellaneous Marvel figs: Blade, Amazing Friends Firestar, Hobgoblin, Sub-Mariner, Dr. Doom, and Sunfire

Last edited by Ninjinister; 01-10-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

More Miscellaneous DC characters: Scarecrow, Sinestro, Qwardian Weaponer, The Atom, Lex Luthor, Star Sapphire, and Superwoman.

My newest additions, Superman Blue and Superman Red. I ended getting them both for just a couple bucks more than they normally go for individually.

Power Charge and Rock Crusher Rhino.

Batch 1 of Wolverines. There's brown suit Wolvie (movie line), Unmasked yellow suit Wolvie, cowboy hat Wolvie (came with the comic Sabertooth and a motorcycle), Unmasked yellow suit Wolvie (movie line), Logan, movie Wolvie w/ bomber jacket, and Weapon X.

Wolverine batch 2: movie Wolvie, X-Force Wolvie, Team X Wolvie, Wolverine & The X-Men Wolvie, brown suit Wolvie, and Dark Wolverine.

Iron Man! Mans! Men? Anyway, here's the standard one, along with Hulkbuster, Bio-Metal, Deep Dive, Stealth Armor, and Armored Adventures.

More males of the Iron! Mark I, Rhodey, Ultimate, 2020, Patriot Armor, and a sort of Silver Centurion-ish armor.

More miscellaneous Marvels, with Crimson Dynamo, First Appearance Daredevil, Iron Fist, Wolverine & the X-Men Beast, and The Thing.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #12
jwiz154
Hench Mutant

Fantastic collection!! I'm a big JLU fan, myself. That red Superman is actually a tougher one to find! Nice job.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #13
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!

Awesome collection!! I like specially the Wolverine (Lobezno in Spainsh) group!!! Also another mutants as Bestia and Fuego Solar....(Ehem.... Beast and Sunfire figures..) ...
Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I love 3 3/4" figures, I hated that scale as a kid for the most part as I never cared for GI Joes and TMNT scaled figures was all I wanted. I remember holding out on Power Ranger toys as much as I loved the show just because I wanted 5" figures not those huge 8" ones they had at first. Anyways I believe it was someone in this forum maybe you Ninjister that showed me how awesome the 3 3/4 scale was when I wanted to start getting into Marvel Legends and instead I got into Marvel Universe.

3 3/4" is just the perfect scale, I don't have a lot of space so its a blessing, this way I can have twice as many figures in any one spot rather than bigger bulkier, it also allows you/them to find/make stuff that is more in scale, especially big stuff like vehicles and bigger characters, I also think the scale can have great articulation and sculpts. Yeah big figures are nice but 6" figures are much more expensive, take more space and those lines usually have less characters as well, the cons don't make up for the few pros they have. Can't wait for the new 3 3/4" action figures which oh we all know its going to happen and oh we all know how the forum is going to melt down when its officially announced and all the dromers rage in the merch section. Oh yeah and nice collection!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:29 AM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

Since I've gotten so many new figs since the last time I posted, I figured I'd just reshoot all of 'em. If you're interested in seeing in my Lantern Corps figs, they're all here.

Okay, let's start off this redux with the original from last time: Deadpool!

This here's the same red Deadpool from last time, along with the X-Force version, Weapon XI, and my custom Wade Wilson.

Now let's go with something non-comic related for once: Sonic the Hedgehog! Thankfully these were all on clearance:

Werehog, some sort of translucent blue thing(!), and Super Sonic.

Back to comics, now we've got Thor. Classic Thor (from the Classic Avengers box) and Secret Wars Thor are too similar, so I'm not sure which is which. Then we've got modern Thor and one of the movie Thors.

Also appearing in the Classic Avengers box were Wasp and Ant-Man. The first Wasp is from Secret Wars, and the second from the CA box. The first Ant-Man came with Yellow Jacket, and the second one (riding the flying ant) was from the CA box.

Tired of Marvel for a bit? Let's hit up DC!

Wonder Womaaaaan! The first one from a special Justice League Unlimited box set, the second from the SDCC 2010 Starro box set. The third one is from a regular old Infinite Heroes release, and the final one from yet another box set (the "OMAC Attack" box).

Now for everyone's favorite second banana and his various identities. There's Nightwing Dick (lol), Teen Titans Robin, Teen Titans Slade Outfit Robin, Red X, Tim Drake Robin, and Jason Todd Hush.

Back to Marvel, it's The Hulk! Classic "derp" Hulk, Secret Wars Hulk, World War Hulk, Gray Hulk, and Red Hulk!

It's Psylocke's brother and Captain America's English counterpart, Captain Britain! I'm not certain which is which, but I believe the first one's from Marvel Universe, and the other two from the Captain America line - one's from a standard release, and the other was from a box set with Captain A and Red Guardian.

Roundin' out this batch is one last DC release, The Atom! We've got Infinite Heroes and JLU versions of both Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi, plus a wee little JLU Choi that came with the big one.

G'night folks!

Last edited by Ninjinister; 07-10-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題

DragonBall Evolution figs. Movie couldn't have had less to do with DB but it was a semi-decent kids wuxia flick. Here we have two Gokus, Yamcha, Roshi, Fu Lum, Bulma, and Piccolo.

The figures themselves are okay, but they came with what has to be the worst build-a-figure of all time. Behold, the Oozaru!... which is translucent blue, has no back, zero articulation, some bizarre rendition of Saiyan armor, and a face based on the preproduction photos that went around the net before the movie came out. You're supposed to place Goku in the empty back.

Street Fighter characters "Man"-Li and Teiran (the latter of which is from the obscure Street Fighter Online: Mouse Generation game).

WE are VENOM! Toxic Blast, Aqua, and Water Spitter variations, plus Dark Spider-Man and Venom X (which is a bit taller than the rest as you can see, but for whatever reason was being sold as a 3.75 fig. I keep it in my collection anyway).

The first Superman comes from the same box set as that Wonder Woman. Then we have Superman Red and Superman Blue, followed by Superman Beyond.

Bunch of slight variant Supeseseses from various box sets, I forget which comes from which.

Microman Brandon Routh Supes, All-Star Superman pack-in fig (more like a little statuette, but whatevs), and Superman Prime.

Standard Luthor, President Luthor, and Alexander Luthor Jr.

First Class Marvel Girl, Jean Grey, Dark Phoenix

Movie Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke, Johnny Cage, and Goro.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #17
Ninjinister
無問題

Sabertooth from the X-Men Origins two-pack, First Class Sabertooth, and special edition X-Men Origins two-pack.

Aaaaand some assorted Iron Men. Seriously, most of these are too damn similar and I can't tell some of them apart, so here you go, pick 'em out yourself.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How are the Teen Titans figures? I definitely want a Red X and Slade but I'd love to hear a quick review/opinion of the line before I hunt them down.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #19
Ninjinister
無問題

Decided to start taking pics again now that I'm settled-ish. I've got an updated look at my Iron Man figures, followed by Worthington.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1311.jpg (86.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1310.jpg (88.8 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
Ninjinister
無問題

Scott 'n' Jean, primary Fantastic 4 (plus Jim Hammond for good measure), and Luke 'n' Danny.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1318.jpg (88.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1322.jpg (84.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1323.jpg (86.3 KB, 6 views)