The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #301
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

The packaging looks great (though I could do without the "Classixx"). I'm assuming they come with an English audio track, of course.

I'm not quite ready to bite the bullet the order those, myself. I know Disney was testing the waters with those Operation Overdrive DVD sets to see if Power Ranger season sets would sell. I'm hoping that the response was positive enough that we might get an R1 release.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #302
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

I cant decide whether this episode was a 2/5 or a 3/5. I'm leaning toward 3/5 but I going to have to see the episode a second time to make my final judgment.

The good:
More unmorphed fights this season
CGI/Special Effects
Theo, Lily, and Jared using their beast to defeat their opponents at the academy
Camille didnt turn out as bad as I thought she would
The Megazord being more versatile and less stiff

The bad:
RJ
Not showing Jared's face after Dai Shi took over his body. The audience already knows its him.
Casey and Jared roaring
The fly commentator. Yup, I am certain he will be sticking around.

The eh:
The rangers
The Theme Song
Comic Relief girl
Master Mao not dying
This seasons foot soldiers
Lily reminds me of Tori from NS. Sometimes I could swear she even sounded like her.

On a side note I wish the extra toyline rangers were in the show as villians. Then we could have the core rangers vs them and RJ VS Dai Shi.

Last edited by The Terror of Death; 02-18-2008 at 08:42 PM.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #303
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I unfortunately was forced to tune in and out of the Jungle Fury premiere. From what I saw, it felt like a little more of the same, though there were things I liked.

The "putties" (yeah, I know, I can't remember their names in the show) were some of the better looking ones I've seen in a while. I liked Camillie's rack; pretty show-offy for a kid's series.

The Red Ranger being a screw-up doof seemed like a sour retread of the Red Dinoranger, though he's at least more of a screw-up in the "untrained" sort of way and not mildly retarded.

Of the three Rangers introduced, the Blue Ranger was probably my favorite, just because having a jerk on the team shakes things up a little. It did kind of bother me that he grew a foot or two taller after he morphed, though.

Dai Shi is a bit of a different villain; not sure if I like that or not. I suppose it's a refreshing change-up to have a main overlord that isn't a rubber-headed freak and just a normal human (albeit possessed).

Overall, I think I'm gonna like it more than Operation Overdrive, but it's a little early to be sure.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 AM   #304
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Cmon Spengler, don't you remember Justin from Turbo who grew a couple extra feet as wel? lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #305
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
I paid 120 for both seasons, 60 a pop. Thats average for a dvd set containing 24 eps...these have like 43 per season.
Well, the region 2 M.A.S.K box set has about the same length and is about £30, so it varies on the economic areas.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #306
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Cmon Spengler, don't you remember Justin from Turbo who grew a couple extra feet as wel? lol
I spent the better part of ten years trying to forget.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #307
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
I just ordered the first two seasons of the german produced MMPR dvd sets.

I talked to Zarius about these briefly, they're legitimate, but its really odd how they're only available through Germany. On the Wiki, it says there will be a French release as well.

I paid 120 for both seasons, 60 a pop. Thats average for a dvd set containing 24 eps...these have like 43 per season.
Hmm. If those ever got a US release, I'm not entirely sure whether I'd be nostalgic enough to get them. I mean, I'm already way behind on the Ninja Turtles DVDs, and I remember TMNT more fondly.

Now X-Men on the other hand...

Why the heck haven't either of these shows had season sets yet? They'd probably sell really well.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #308
Jon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
Hmm. If those ever got a US release, I'm not entirely sure whether I'd be nostalgic enough to get them. I mean, I'm already way behind on the Ninja Turtles DVDs, and I remember TMNT more fondly.

Now X-Men on the other hand...

Why the heck haven't either of these shows had season sets yet? They'd probably sell really well.

As others have said before, Disney.

But why the shows didn't back when Fox still had them is also puzzling.

Heck, it's taken up til now (with PR: Operation Overdrive) to get a Complete PR Series on DVD in the US.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #309
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I just realized the Pink ranger's skirt coveres nothing.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 AM   #310
odupianist
Mad Scientist

I have nothing wrong with that Brodie lol. Jon, almost anything that was popular in the 90's would sell like crazy if there was a box set for it. Everything from Nicktoons in the 90's to Fox cartoons in the 90's.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 AM   #311
Jon
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I have nothing wrong with that Brodie lol. Jon, almost anything that was popular in the 90's would sell like crazy if there was a box set for it. Everything from Nicktoons in the 90's to Fox cartoons in the 90's.

Well yeah. Was just replying about the PR Series, X-Men, etc. that were mentioned. But right, all kinds of shows from the 90s (as well as the 80s) would sell.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #312
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well, Jungle Fury doesnt have many episodes left, but it's turned out to be one of the most refreshing seasons we've had in years. Plots progressed with a good pace, we finally got U.S exclusive Rangers again, and perhaps the most telling sign of improvment? The WGA strike took out all of the current writers, and the scabs Disney recruited turned out to be pretty competant, sometimes even better than the team that was writing the previous episodes

Next season is Power Rangers R.P.M, airing in 2009
Old 09-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #313
ZariusTwo
Overlord

First look at the next season's logo and toy packaging

Old 09-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #314
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Well, Jungle Fury doesnt have many episodes left, but it's turned out to be one of the most refreshing seasons we've had in years. Plots progressed with a good pace, we finally got U.S exclusive Rangers again, and perhaps the most telling sign of improvment? The WGA strike took out all of the current writers, and the scabs Disney recruited turned out to be pretty competant, sometimes even better than the team that was writing the previous episodes

Next season is Power Rangers R.P.M, airing in 2009
Was there a team-up episode this season? Those are usually the episodes I always go out of my way to watch.

On another note, what's the status on the animated Power Rangers? I remember a few months ago all the panic was that they'd can the live action series and continue with a cartoon. I guess that's out the window, now.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #315
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Was there a team-up episode this season? Those are usually the episodes I always go out of my way to watch.

On another note, what's the status on the animated Power Rangers? I remember a few months ago all the panic was that they'd can the live action series and continue with a cartoon. I guess that's out the window, now.
There's no team-up episode this season, though they made up for that with the U.S-exclusive Rangers.

As for the animated series, the pilot pitch didnt do well, so they decided to just go for live-action again, I dont know what the fate of the series will be in 2010, but they clearly wanted an alternative to the live-action format and they didnt get it
Old 09-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #316
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
There's no team-up episode this season, though they made up for that with the U.S-exclusive Rangers.
Bummer. Would that make this the first season not to have any team-up of any kind? Wait, did Lightspeed Rescue have a team-up? I can't remember.

Quote:
As for the animated series, the pilot pitch didnt do well, so they decided to just go for live-action again, I dont know what the fate of the series will be in 2010, but they clearly wanted an alternative to the live-action format and they didnt get it
Bummer #2. Not that I want the live action series to end or anything, but with the goofy Zord designs from whatever the Japanese series they're using for RPM, this next season would have been a good time to skip. And I've wanted a Power Rangers cartoon for some time, anyhow.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #317
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Bummer. Would that make this the first season not to have any team-up of any kind?
Turbo had no team-up, Ninja Storm had no team-up, and Mystic Force had no team-up (unless you want to count Piggy's apperance in MF)
Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 PM   #318
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Turbo had no team-up, Ninja Storm had no team-up, and Mystic Force had no team-up (unless you want to count Piggy's apperance in MF)
Wow, hadn't realized so many seasons were lacking in team-ups.

Turbo and Mystic Force at least had characters from previous seasons show up in them (not so sure about Ninja Storm). Any of that going on in Jungle Fury?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #319
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Any of that going on in Jungle Fury?
Nope. JF really is a self-contained season.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #320
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Nope. JF really is a self-contained season.
Nerts. To me, Power Rangers has always been at its finest when it takes advantage of its own mythos. Still, from what I've seen, the show hasn't been too bad and I do dig the US exclusive Rangers (we've come a long way since the Titanium Ranger).

I'm sure the Jungle Fury guys will pop up in future seasons.

Tags
power rangers