The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #721
koenne
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Wow. Awesome pics, K. That was so cool that you got some stuff. I'm getting more excited for stuff every day.
Thx , I'm very happy with the stuff.
Cowabunga!
koenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #722
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I wonder how many others did... I know of 3 now.
Krang, GK and who else? And, why did they feel obligated to refuse?

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #723
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Laaaaaaaammmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I wanted a high-five!
I thought you for a HIGH 5 from the new Mikey. hahaa
See what I did there?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #724
JoeGro
Foot Soldier

Just got an e-mail confirming of what can and can't be said about the TMNT fan event. We can discuss anything in regards to what we saw under the stipulation that we mention it is indeed "A mutation in progress".

So here were my gripes:

Splinter is 6 foot something, he is not the Yoda like figure he once was, he is also young. This totally destroys the idea of Splinter for me, one, because he looks ridiculous that tall, two, because Splinter was small and frail looking but a total badass. They mentioned that "We made him larger so he would be a better match for the Shredder and a more intimidating father figure." Whatever dude, let's re-make Star Wars and have Yoda be huge or re-make the Karate Kid (again) and have Mr. Miyagi be a big buff sumo wrestler. This kills me. It totally destroys the mystique of Splinter for me.

Another point, Donatello is much taller and goofier looking than the rest of the turtles, April O'Neil is sixteen and she is Donatellos love interest. Am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? I guess so.

Krang will appear but is known as "The Kraaang".

I thought that all of this stuff was perhaps an early April fools joke, hopefully this "Mutation in progress" isn't the final word.

Baxter Stockman is still the original African American Baxter, but he mutates with a toaster and becomes a giant toaster robot, but at least that isn't his permanent form apparently.

Not to mention the whole 3 toes thing, that was a minor but still annoying aspect of everything that I disliked.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #725
rich
Mad Scientist

TMNT Fan Preview Event

Hey everyone...my first post. Yay!
Some new information for you on my blog...http://www.tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/blog/
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #726
CyberCubed
Overlord

I knew it, I knew April was going to be a teenager.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #727
Roseangelo
Emperor

Yeah, Nickelodeon just confirmed that we can talk about most everything we saw, so I'm working on a more-detailed write-up as well.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #728
CyberCubed
Overlord

How the he'll does Baxter mutate with a toaster?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #729
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
Just got an e-mail confirming of what can and can't be said about the TMNT fan event. We can discuss anything in regards to what we saw under the stipulation that we mention it is indeed "A mutation in progress".
'Kay. Doesn't sound so much like you're blowing things outta proportion anymore. Those are some pretty lame developments that ought to be changed. I'm not so peed off about the Splinter stuff, except for his stature. I'm short, but I'm intimidating. GRRRROWL! Stop messin' with our kids' minds like that, Nick. Don't make me block your channel in my house.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #730
TobTurn
Foot Soldier

Okay, i agree with you now Groe. This is bad. April as a teenager? Oh - my - God. NO. The Kraaaaang? Seriously? Idiotic. Mutating with a toaster? Something like Nano is okay, but not a human mutating with a toaster becoming a robot. Such a horrible idea.
Splinter should be OLD and NOT tall. He'd look indeed way more bad-ass if he could handle The Shredder and he's not tall. That would just show how good of a ninja he is.
It should be two toes.
Donatello shouldn't be GOOFIER. He should be NERDIER and SMARTER.

Can you please tell me something about The Shredder? Evil? Intimidating? How is he in comparison to other Shredders?
Is Ch'rell there? Hun?

And btw - I really appreciate all the work you guys do for us with your write-ups and trying to let us know everything you can. You must feel so glad/relieved to be able to share now!
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #731
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Hmmm.

April being a kid doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it might. It certainly doesn't bother me nearly as much as her being a drawing, though...now I wonder if they'd find some way to work that in. *shudder*

It does quasi-fulfill a plot want I've had for years; ie that we see the turtles actually interact with someone their own age.

As for making Splinter bigger? No I don't like it. Not only does it not make a whole lot of sense, but it plays into the idea that Bigger means Tougher/stronger is better. Do we really need that concept reinforced on a kids show? I don't think so.

I don't strictly mind Splinter being younger, so long as he's still a father figure, and not some cool uncle.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #732
rich
Mad Scientist

I thought Splinter was awesome and liked very much the change Nick has made in this area...this from a 25+ year TMNT fan / collector. Also, with April, I can totally understand this change. Do I like it? Jury is still out.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #733
CyberCubed
Overlord

How does Baxter become a toaster.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #734
TobTurn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How does Baxter become a toaster.
He becomes toaster-robot-thingy because he mutates.. with a toaster. :/
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #735
Roseangelo
Emperor

Ahhh... I'm typing furiously, but this is gonna take a little bit of time to do justice.

Some quick bullet points from me...

New Splinter is awesome. Sorry, gotta disagree with Joe on this one. I think he has potential to be one of the best parts of the series.

April as a teenager with the big unanimous thumbs down from the group, and for many was a "deal breaker." Personally it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but what role she'll play is the bigger area of concern. In the "pilot" she just kinda hung around and it really wasn't clear why she was there.

Baxter didn't become a toaster. :p During the pilot his has a super suit thing, but it gets destroyed at the end. If he would have kept it I would have disliked it, but since he didn't, no big deal to me.

Back to typing...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #736
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did you see april's design?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #737
TobTurn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Ahhh... I'm typing furiously, but this is gonna take a little bit of time to do justice.

Some quick bullet points from me...

New Splinter is awesome. Sorry, gotta disagree with Joe on this one. I think he has potential to be one of the best parts of the series.

April as a teenager with the big unanimous thumbs down from the group, and for many was a "deal breaker." Personally it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but what role she'll play is the bigger area of concern. In the "pilot" she just kinda hung around and it really wasn't clear why she was there.

Baxter didn't become a toaster. :p During the pilot his has a super suit thing, but it gets destroyed at the end. If he would have kept it I would have disliked it, but since he didn't, no big deal to me.

Back to typing...
Ooooh so he just has a suit on him, just like the previous Baxter Stockman kinda always did? That's already a lot better than a mutant-toaster. I just hope his suit doesn't look like a toaster.. i'd like it to be intimidating.

And why does he already have it in the first episode? Please tell me the story spreads over the whole season, and there won't be a whole new destroying-the-world-plan every episode. I would REALLY dislike that.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #738
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post

So here were my gripes:

Splinter is 6 foot something, he is not the Yoda like figure he once was, he is also young. This totally destroys the idea of Splinter for me, one, because he looks ridiculous that tall, two, because Splinter was small and frail looking but a total badass. They mentioned that "We made him larger so he would be a better match for the Shredder and a more intimidating father figure." Whatever dude, let's re-make Star Wars and have Yoda be huge or re-make the Karate Kid (again) and have Mr. Miyagi be a big buff sumo wrestler. This kills me. It totally destroys the mystique of Splinter for me.

Another point, Donatello is much taller and goofier looking than the rest of the turtles, April O'Neil is sixteen and she is Donatellos love interest. Am I the only one that finds this ridiculous? I guess so.

Krang will appear but is known as "The Kraaang".

I thought that all of this stuff was perhaps an early April fools joke, hopefully this "Mutation in progress" isn't the final word.

Baxter Stockman is still the original African American Baxter, but he mutates with a toaster and becomes a giant toaster robot, but at least that isn't his permanent form apparently.

Not to mention the whole 3 toes thing, that was a minor but still annoying aspect of everything that I disliked.
This is what you've been crying about? Jesus.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #739
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
*KABOOM!*
There goes my trust in JoeGro again. Oh well. I didn't need it anyway.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #740
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Wow, exciting news is breaking all over the place again!

We seriously need a new "Official Info on the Nick TMNT series" thread, since this whole "Pizza Boxes" thread has outlived its relevance and become ridiculously bloated.

Anyway, I figured I'd post these pictures here as well as the "Kid's Choice Award" thread:

Spoiler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xannocVJKo

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick