The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #281
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
There are some good and simple frames at Michaels that are 11x17 where the glass comes out of the front and just pops right back in. It's simple. There's no excess frame that might cover up the edges of the drawing either.
So if a frame says 11x17 doesn't that just give the frame measurements? Wouldn't I need something bigger to fit an image that is 11x17? That is my biggest concern before buying. I don't feel like dragging a print to a store either and checking so I figured you would have the knowledge here
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #282
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
So if a frame says 11x17 doesn't that just give the frame measurements? Wouldn't I need something bigger to fit an image that is 11x17? That is my biggest concern before buying. I don't feel like dragging a print to a store either and checking so I figured you would have the knowledge here
Frames are labeled to fit documents of that size; the size of the actual frame will vary. Although slight variations in actual sizes might require you to either trim something or go up a size (easy to do if you use mattes).
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #283
Honeycutt
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Do issues 1 through 4 of Plastron Cafe totally cover "Casey Jones - North by Downeast"? or just the first issue of that?
Nope. "Plastron Cafe" was canceled before the story was completed. If you want the whole thing, you'll have to pick up the miniseries (though "Plastron" is the only place you'll find the art in its original black & white).
Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #284
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt View Post
Nope. "Plastron Cafe" was canceled before the story was completed. If you want the whole thing, you'll have to pick up the miniseries (though "Plastron" is the only place you'll find the art in its original black & white).
Thanks alot man.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #285
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Sorry if this has been asked before, or if it's just too obvious.

Why are Splinter and Shadow living with Metal-Head and Stainless Steve at the beginning of Volume 4? Is it explained anywhere before Volume 4 started?

Also, do the Justice Force appear in any comic other than Volume 1 #15?

Thanks!
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #286
ToTheNines
[sic]

Idk, Oc.

Um... Should I finish TMNT Volume 2 before reading "Mined Games"?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #287
Vivi
Mad Scientist

^^
Depends on whether or not you like knowledge being back-filled or if you like to know before-hand. Personally, I like reading it in order it was published, as the writer has usually referenced the material, and it gives the feeling of tension rather than confusion.

Ok...for me:

1. Does the Hamato clan have any kind of crest apparent in the comics? The kind you'd wear on a headband or kimono, say?

2. What happens in the Dreamwave line of comics? I only have been able to get the first issue and am not sure where it's going.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #288
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
2. What happens in the Dreamwave line of comics? I only have been able to get the first issue and am not sure where it's going.
For the first four issues, it takes the first four episodes of the 2k3 show and looks at it from a different angle. Starting with issue 5, it went with original stories. Unfortunately the series didn't catch on in sales and finished with issue 7. I personally liked the artwork and the angle it took on it, but that's just me.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/d.../dreamwave.htm
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #289
ToTheNines
[sic]

What was the turning point for the art in Volume 4? I don't have every issue and I'm waiting to get them all before I go through the whole thing... But I was just wondering if one issue just stopped looking as good, or if it was a gradual process.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:18 PM   #290
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
What was the turning point for the art in Volume 4? I don't have every issue and I'm waiting to get them all before I go through the whole thing... But I was just wondering if one issue just stopped looking as good, or if it was a gradual process.
It was pretty gradual, but I think the biggest decline happened in the teens. If you go through the sample pages available on ninjaturtles.com you can see how it changes. Although Jim's art did change a bit over time, the biggest change was in the use of tones, and that hurt it most IMO.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #291
ToTheNines
[sic]

Sooo, why did they stop using them?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #292
Venom
Space Knight

Pete preferred to digitally tone the books, which gave the pages a somewhat sterile look to them.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #293
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Pete preferred to digitally tone the books
It was an aesthetic preference? I really don't think it's debateable which one looks better...

I could understand if it was a budget/time reason, but my God... he can't really prefer the look of digital toning.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #294
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
It was an aesthetic preference? I really don't think it's debateable which one looks better...

I could understand if it was a budget/time reason, but my God... he can't really prefer the look of digital toning.
I take it you haven't seen his "remastered" treatment of the first issue then?

The man likes his black-and-white to look like a coloring book apparently. Seems back ass-wards to me.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #295
Venom
Space Knight

From what I recall, it started off being more experimental since he loves trying out technology (plus it was cheaper) then he stuck with it since it made the process faster for him (and was cheaper lol).
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #296
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
I take it you haven't seen his "remastered" treatment of the first issue then?

The man likes his black-and-white to look like a coloring book apparently. Seems back ass-wards to me.
Nope, I have not. Are you talkin about the PBBZ edition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
From what I recall, it started off being more experimental since he loves trying out technology (plus it was cheaper) then he stuck with it since it made the process faster for him (and was cheaper lol).
I guess I'll accept it then lol. Still uglier.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #297
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Was the series "Casey Jones: North By Downeast" fully originally published in Plastron Cafe, or does it include any extras?
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:18 PM   #298
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Was the series "Casey Jones: North By Downeast" fully originally published in Plastron Cafe, or does it include any extras?
In Plastron Cafe, its cut short on page 31, whereas in the actual two parter comic book, its 47 pages long. Plus, the two-parter is in colour, and in Plastron Cafe its black and white.

Don't think anyone said by the way, but issue 9 of volume 4 is when the art is changed from duo-shade to computer tones. I for one really like the computer tones in vol 4. But the computer tones in the PBBZ issue of the original issue is pretty horrible, in my opinion.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #299
ToTheNines
[sic]

I considered starting a thread about this, but it would have been to stupid lol... Why did Lawson illustrate a cat's ass hole in "The Path"? It makes me laugh, but I don't see why he even took the time to do it.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM   #300
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I considered starting a thread about this, but it would have been to stupid lol... Why did Lawson illustrate a cat's ass hole in "The Path"? It makes me laugh, but I don't see why he even took the time to do it.
Why not just ask Jim?

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions