The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-24-2018, 09:07 PM   #3041
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I had the opposite situation. A theater in a town well-off enough that it has recliner seats. Could not find any good seats that weren't in the very front row and had to book several days ahead to get anything. It was a little scary looking at how packed it was.

At least I got the fifth of the Amulet series on that outing...instead of the second Saga like I had intended.

Meanwhile, my two new foster cats are exploring my room. They're still a little skittish, but at least they're not hunkering under the bed.

And I don't care what my mother says...they need to be bathed instead of being wiped down once a day. They smell awful.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #3042
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Assigned seating and recliners are the best thing to happen to theaters.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:51 PM   #3043
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh, they absolutely are!

Especially when they're dine-in theaters. Which the one my boyfriend and I usually go to isn't...but the assigned seats and recliners are still there.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:41 PM   #3044
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Assigned seats? F that! I will sit where I am most comfortable. What do they think it is, a grade school classroom? Or a live theater performance? That's the only place that sort of arrangement makes sense, because then the tickets and seats are numbered and tickets are priced according to how close you are to the stage. Movie theaters don't have the same vision issues- the back seats can see just as well (or better given the angle) as the front. Reclining seats are nice, I admit, but not neccessary. I'm usually too busy leaning forward so as not to miss anything to use that feature anyway. Reclining sometimes makes me too relaxed to stay fully alert for the action.

Anyway, I LOVED the rhinos, and now I want to put that in my game somewhere!!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 02-24-2018 at 11:52 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:55 PM   #3045
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, it's not really "assigned" seating and more "reserved" seating.
Picking your seat before you even go in.

You assign yourself!
Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #3046
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, they don't tell you where to sit, you choose your seats ahead of time. It's dope because I make sure I get the best seats in the house as soon as tickets go on sale.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #3047
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ah, ok. That makes more sense. Never been to one of those- I've heard they are more expensive though. I think I'd rather stick to my cheap local theater with its discount matinee tickets. Going to a movie is expensive enough (food) without paying for a lot of extra stuff on top of it.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #3048
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It levels out to an "okay" price eventually, but I for one can't look back on the recliners now.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #3049
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I find it funny how people keep finding excuses to stay old fashioned, haha. Tickets at the theater with reserved seating and recliners are $6 before noon (the ones I go to), $7 before six, and $9 after that.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #3050
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I miss theater tickets being cheap, $9 is almost half of what I pay.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #3051
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Excuse to stay old fashioned? Yeah, that's not a snobbish thing to say at all. How about some people can't afford to go to the big "modern" theaters where they have full restaurants and serve alcohol, just to go see a movie. A cheap local theater is just fine, thank you. Don't have a car to drive 40 miles or more to an overcrowded and traffic-clogged city and spend TWICE what I pay here for the same first run film. It's called having priorities. Budget being chief among them, if you must know.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:05 PM   #3052
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

We don't really go to that kind of theater all the time. I think recliner seats are just becoming the new norm in some places.

There's a few dine-in theaters, but of course we don't go to them all the time.
Old 02-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #3053
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Oh, I understand. I was just pointing out that not everyone has access to that sort of thing. Our local theater has only even had 3d for a couple of years now. As for reclining seats, I've been to theaters that have them, but don't find them any more comfortable, as the way I sit during movies- usually propped against the armrest with my legs folded up (feet just hanging over the egde) doesn't even make use of the back to bother with reclining. I tend to lean forward to focus more on the screen, as I mentioned. So a reclining seat doesn't even serve much pupose for me. To each their own.

Been watching the Olympics closing today. Some interesting history there. Some of it sad, some of it very much in the spirit of what the Olympics were created for.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #3054
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I find it funny how people keep finding excuses to stay old fashioned, haha. Tickets at the theater with reserved seating and recliners are $6 before noon (the ones I go to), $7 before six, and $9 after that.
Well then lucky you. Suprised Jersey would be that cheap.

Checked the recliner one we've been to over here in northern DE... You could see Black Panther tomorrow for $11.25 anytime before 5pm, $13.00 after. Although if you also want that in Digital 3D it's $14.75 at a 1pm show, and 3:30pm onward will cost ya $16.50. (No weekend pre-orders listed so not sure if those cost more.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #3055
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah that sounds about right for most of the big fancy ones here, too. Ours just recently went up as it is. It was 5$ when I saw Thor Ragnarok, but BP yesterday was up to 6$ for the same matinee showings. Our after 5 PM prices are 7$ or 9.50$ for 3D. I ain't spending more than 20$ for TWO tickets when I can do four here for almost the same price. It's insane what they can get away with- and don't even get me started on the snacks and drinks! (4$ for a small popcorn? That stuff comes in bulk for gods sakes!)

Old 02-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #3056
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Happy maker:

Foster cats got bathed and have been forgiving very quickly. They should smell quite a bit better and the lavender soap should kill their...very abundant fleas.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #3057
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

(Technically, this was announced yesterday, but ...)

One of my favorite bands, UVERworld, will use one of their latest singles for the fourth opening of My Hero Academia!

I'm so excited!
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #3058
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Grateful that this winter storm happened on my day off so I could just stay home and not bother with it. Plus the fact that I'm not due into work tomorrow until 3pm, so if its several hours-long attempt to snow has finally resulted in a light coating (after being too warm all day for anything to stick), so be it, it'll probably be gone by then.

Scattered power outages in the area, but I don't think our own lights have flickered even once. (Knock on wood and all that.)

It sorta looks like winter throwing a final tantrum...

edit: Crap, I knew I shouldn't have said anything. Jinxed it. lol At least the computer didn't even flinch.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-02-2018 at 04:37 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #3059
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

D&D session today went pretty great.

The DM (my boyfriend) in the previous session sent our characters forward in time a year and a half for plot, and we had to go looking for a dragon we rescued in a session or two before that.

So during that dungeon crawl, my goblin character insulted two will-o-wisps to death and set a vampire spawn on fire with a flaming arrow - which of course killed it.

But the best part came from one of our dwarves loaning her family ax to another dwarf for a moment - which resulted in him dropping it down a pit trap we had been fighting the vampire spawn around. At the end of the fight, we tied all of our ropes together, tied it around our kobold, and sent him down the pit to retrieve the ax.

But when he makes it to the bottom, he's face-to-face with our dragon...who has the ax lodged in his head and is very pissed about it. So he manages to gank it out of the dragon before being chased up the pit.

By the time we got him out of the pit, we realized it was getting very late and decided to pause the story there.

It was amazing.

Also, my goblin stayed sober. And I hope she can get her wargs back...who by now are probably like fifty in number instead of fourteen
Old 03-06-2018, 09:24 AM   #3060
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The vote is in, and the Positive List of 19 legal reptiles in Norway stays legal. I am so happy this ended well, it really feels like a heavy stone has been lifted from my chest that the possibility of a total ban could happen again.

another happy maker, I'm soon going to play in a new D&D game, we're playing Curse of Strahd, so it's going to be interesting to see how it holds up as long as we survive Death House since that intro bit can be a meat grinder and I play a Eladrin Spellsinger, level 1 so a whopping 8HP.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote