The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #241
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I wish I could go back in time to that Who will win August thread and just flat out say it would be GotG

A comic book movie about a comic book and characters nobody had ever heard of outside of like 10 comic book fans, beat out the NINJA TURTLES in theaters.

Beat the F*CK out of them.

That's really sad.
You know what's even sadder?

TMNT2 has no chance next year, because it's going up against the following:
  • X-Men Apocalypse
  • Batman V. Superman
  • Suicide Squad
  • Captain America 3: Civil War

Can you say Royally F***ed? And those are just the heavy hitters, not including stuff like Doctor Strange or Deadpool...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:22 PM   #242
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
eh, i wouldnt out count deadpool as not being a heavy hitter...the hype train is there...
remember deadpool has a very odd fanbase you have his comic fans, his new fans, and half the population of convention goers who dress up as the guy just to fit it...the movie will do just fine

just go to spencer gifts,newbury comics, hot topic, any pop culture store in recent years

and sure tmnt falls under that too, but deadpools design was pretty much kept the exact same..unlike the turtles

id say its def one of the more anticipated movies of that year
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #243
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You know what's even sadder?

TMNT2 has no chance next year, because it's going up against the following:
  • X-Men Apocalypse
  • Batman V. Superman
  • Suicide Squad
  • Captain America 3: Civil War

Can you say Royally F***ed? And those are just the heavy hitters, not including stuff like Doctor Strange or Deadpool...
To be fair Not grossing as much as those movies is not embarrassing. Not coming close to any of them is a different story.
Galactus is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #244
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
To be fair Not grossing as much as those movies is not embarrassing. Not coming close to any of them is a different story.
And that's what I predict. Not losing respectably, but getting freaking buried. Forgotten.

Might be for the best. I hope for a better TMNT movie, but I fear that I do not have it in my heart to expect good things. Quoth the raven, Nevermore.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:40 PM   #245
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You know what's even sadder?

TMNT2 has no chance next year, because it's going up against the following:
  • X-Men Apocalypse
  • Batman V. Superman
  • Suicide Squad
  • Captain America 3: Civil War

Can you say Royally F***ed? And those are just the heavy hitters, not including stuff like Doctor Strange or Deadpool...
Next year is going to be like Marvel vs DC on who's going to make more money. Marvel will beat DC by a long shot.

I think TMNT 2 will make more than the 1st movie but I know it won't beat X-Men, Captain American and Batman vs Superman and maybe Deadpool. I'm a bit unsure of Suicide Squad and Doctor Strange, I think TMNT could beat those two.

Also, don't forget there's Warcraft (which could pull a summer shocker) and Independence Day 2, Isn't Finding Dory out also. So June coud be a big month.

I expect TMNT 2 will knock X-Men off the top spot and then maybe Warcraft will knock TMNT 2 of the top spot a week later (But in the UK it's going to be Turtles vs Orcs on June 3rd).
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 02:48 PM   #246
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
1. Deadpool, while with a strong fanbase, definitely won't be a heavy-hitter. I mean, it's R, so you're not going to see that movie get more than, like, 500 million.

2. TMNT should be able to go toe-to-toe with some of those movies, but they won't. I doubt this movie is going to make less money than the first, though. Everyone thought they were going to be aliens in the first, and that caused the ticket sales to drop. Another factor is that they put it right after GotG. Now, TMNT is a week after X-Men... The people at the studio just don't f*cking learn, do they? TMNT IS a property that could beat out X-Men, but everyone knows it's Michael Bay. And the people who don't know it's Michael Bay took one look at the Turtles and went, "OH HELL NO."
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #247
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,913
I loved how GOTG beat out TMNT as that movie was way better. And, yeah, I didn't really know the characters that well, but that made it all the more fun and the action was great, too. That movie nailed it, and I definitely can't wait to see the second one. But with TMNT, I just had a vibe it would be wrong and it was. Sad thing is, my sister's stepsons love it and keep telling me it's hilarious and that I'll like it. I just keep saying, "Nope, not my thing." What I really want to say is, "Well, you haven't been a fan of TMNT as long as I have, so it's going to be good to you. For me, it's not good because I've been a fan of this franchise since I was a kid and I know what works and what doesn't. This movie doesn't work."
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #248
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I loved how GOTG beat out TMNT as that movie was way better. And, yeah, I didn't really know the characters that well, but that made it all the more fun and the action was great, too. That movie nailed it, and I definitely can't wait to see the second one. But with TMNT, I just had a vibe it would be wrong and it was. Sad thing is, my sister's stepsons love it and keep telling me it's hilarious and that I'll like it. I just keep saying, "Nope, not my thing." What I really want to say is, "Well, you haven't been a fan of TMNT as long as I have, so it's going to be good to you. For me, it's not good because I've been a fan of this franchise since I was a kid and I know what works and what doesn't. This movie doesn't work."
You know what the funny thing is? I recently started getting my brother into TMNT by making him read some of the comics and watch a few episodes of the show. So, he didn't see the movie with me because he was at camp when it came out (and he didn't see me walk out of the theatre, either.), and I made him watch in December. From someone who has only seen 6 episodes of TMNT tops, and who has only read the first few issues of IDW, even he knew something was up. The first thing he asked was where Hamato Yoshi was, and he thought Shredder looked like Megatron. The only thing he didn't pick up on was the fact that April was the main character. So, you know your movie's bad when the younger ones can pick up on the movie being bad.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #249
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I loved how GOTG beat out TMNT as that movie was way better. And, yeah, I didn't really know the characters that well, but that made it all the more fun and the action was great, too. That movie nailed it, and I definitely can't wait to see the second one. But with TMNT, I just had a vibe it would be wrong and it was. Sad thing is, my sister's stepsons love it and keep telling me it's hilarious and that I'll like it. I just keep saying, "Nope, not my thing." What I really want to say is, "Well, you haven't been a fan of TMNT as long as I have, so it's going to be good to you. For me, it's not good because I've been a fan of this franchise since I was a kid and I know what works and what doesn't. This movie doesn't work."
Tell 'em that anyway.

Don't hide the truth. MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND. MAKE. THEM. UNDERSTAND.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:11 PM   #250
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Lol, TMNT picked June for its month. That has X-Men, Warcraft, Dory, AND Independence Day. Yeah, they're f-ed. I dunno why they won't take a November or October date. I mean, the movie didn't make enough money for it to be considered a summer blockbuster. Hell, even Batman vs. Superman, which will probably be the biggest movie of 2016 (This is the first time these two have been on screen together... I'm not all that excited based on Goyer writing it and the casting choices, but even I know this movie is going to be BIG.), is taking a March release date. When you have a release date in the months prior to or after summer, no one's going to be booking those spots, and that gives the movie the best shot to make money.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #251
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Lol, TMNT picked June for its month. That has X-Men, Warcraft, Dory, AND Independence Day. Yeah, they're f-ed. I dunno why they won't take a November or October date. I mean, the movie didn't make enough money for it to be considered a summer blockbuster. Hell, even Batman vs. Superman, which will probably be the biggest movie of 2016 (This is the first time these two have been on screen together... I'm not all that excited based on Goyer writing it and the casting choices, but even I know this movie is going to be BIG.), is taking a March release date. When you have a release date in the months prior to or after summer, no one's going to be booking those spots, and that gives the movie the best shot to make money.
X-Men is out in May so the only fight between the two is for top spot and yearly gross not monthly gross.

TMNT 2 will go head to head with Warcraft, Independence Day 2 and The Secret Life of Pets (Sorry Finding Dory is out in July) So June will be a fight for Monthly Gross

GOTG did $100M more than X-Men and X-Men did $42M more than TMNT in the US last year. So I don't think there be much difference between TMNT 2 and X-Men yearly gross next year and with Casey Jones, Bebop and Rocksteady in TMNT 2 as they are fan favourites it could be tight between the 2.

Also there is a few other movies that will probably do well next year. Kung Fu Panda 3, Star Trek beyond, Ice Age 5, The BFG, The Bourne sequel, Star wars rogue one, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 07-09-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Vicky82 is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #252
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
You know what's even sadder?

TMNT2 has no chance next year, because it's going up against the following:
  • X-Men Apocalypse
  • Batman V. Superman
  • Suicide Squad
  • Captain America 3: Civil War

Can you say Royally F***ed? And those are just the heavy hitters, not including stuff like Doctor Strange or Deadpool...
Oh yeah. That's right.

They don't have the end of the first week of August to hide behind anymore. And the new movie smell has worn off. And allllll these juggernauts are coming out.

Yes. Let it die. Your overconfidence is your weakness, sh*t movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #253
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,547
Please, they'll probably end up changing the release date so it comes out during a month with less competition. Again.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #254
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Please, they'll probably end up changing the release date so it comes out during a month with less competition. Again.
If they do it'll show they have exactly as much confidence in this one as they had in the first one, which wasn't much.

And hopefully, if they do, the novelty of ugly cgi turtle hulks will have worn off and considerably hurt ticket sales.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #255
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,547
Dude, I have two words for you: Bay fans.

If he builds it, they will come.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #256
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
1. Deadpool, while with a strong fanbase, definitely won't be a heavy-hitter. I mean, it's R, so you're not going to see that movie get more than, like, 500 million
honestly..in today's world, R rating doesnt mean anything anymore...even the character itself sans movie isnt kid friendly yet he has an entire young fanbase...if the kid wants to go see it dad or big brother or sister will take them..just because it has an R does not mean its semi doomed at the box office

when i saw Watchmen the theater was full of kids...parents see the cape and heroes so its ok for jimmy

i can see the pictures now of the lines of deadpools lined up to go see deadpool...its gonna happen

and dont get me wrong i enjoy the character, im not saying this to praise the movie

im just saying in todays world id argue deadpool has the bigger presence than TMNT..just look at comic con pics and tell me how many deadpools you see vs how many tmnt characters..and even if you see tmnt chars its the same 10 people across the board
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #257
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
honestly..in today's world, R rating doesnt mean anything anymore...even the character itself sans movie isnt kid friendly yet he has an entire young fanbase...if the kid wants to go see it dad or big brother or sister will take them..just because it has an R does not mean its semi doomed at the box office

when i saw Watchmen the theater was full of kids...parents see the cape and heroes so its ok for jimmy

i can see the pictures now of the lines of deadpools lined up to go see deadpool...its gonna happen

and dont get me wrong i enjoy the character, im not saying this to praise the movie

im just saying in todays world id argue deadpool has the bigger presence than TMNT..just look at comic con pics and tell me how many deadpools you see vs how many tmnt characters..and even if you see tmnt chars its the same 10 people across the board
Blue dong for the kiddies? Eew. Sigh... some parents. I saw five year olds in my showing of "Kingsman: Secret Service."
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 06:47 PM   #258
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
I honestly think that R ratings are fine for kids as long as they can handle that stuff. I mean, if your kid is going to go out and start saying the f-word to other kids, that's a problem. But in the case of which you know your kids aren't going to do the things they see in R-rated movies, then I don't see the problem. They're going to see this stuff eventually.
Foombamaroom is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #259
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
I honestly think that R ratings are fine for kids as long as they can handle that stuff. I mean, if your kid is going to go out and start saying the f-word to other kids, that's a problem. But in the case of which you know your kids aren't going to do the things they see in R-rated movies, then I don't see the problem. They're going to see this stuff eventually.
Absolutely agreed, but kids no higher than my knee aren't ready for blue dong or dudes getting sliced in half by a lady with sword-feet. Ratings are a scam, but people still need common sense.

Take a 5 year-old to see Avengers? Sure. Take a 5 year-old to see Dredd? You f'ing kidding me?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline  
Old 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #260
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Ratings are a scam, but people still need common sense.
this right here...and its not just R rated films...some pg13 movies are sometimes worse...and not just because i despise the film but i wouldve been appalled to take a child to see bayturtles
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.