The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #121
Peanut
Second Gear

JameO lent me LotR: Battle for Middle Earth, which I then cracked. So I now own that.

I actually bought Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for Xbox. I've played it about 700 times on the PC, but I saw it last night at EB for $15 and had to buy it.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #122
verminator_x
Hench Mutant

just got my hands on sly 3 honour among thiefes.
Shine on you crazy diamond.

verminator_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:43 AM   #123
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
JameO lent me LotR: Battle for Middle Earth, which I then cracked. So I now own that.

I actually bought Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for Xbox. I've played it about 700 times on the PC, but I saw it last night at EB for $15 and had to buy it.
One of the few PC games that will always have a dear place in my heart. Badass.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 02:17 AM   #124
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Not too long ago, I received my order of two import games: Ouendan (DS) and Dr. Mario & Panel de Pon (GBA).

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #125
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Aww, I'd love to get Ouendan...
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:01 PM   #126
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang
and Dr. Mario & Panel de Pon (GBA).
pw0nage
Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #127
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

When's that sucker releasing localy? Or is it a Japan-only game?
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #128
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Actually, it's comming here this week.

I'm telling you here and now, the AI in that thing is 3 times harder than any other version. Fu*king brutal. You'll love it.

Oh, and I just picked up Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition for $10 under retail price. Pw0nage.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:22 AM   #129
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
Actually, it's comming here this week.

I'm telling you here and now, the AI in that thing is 3 times harder than any other version. Fu*king brutal. You'll love it.
I knew it would be released in the US eventually, but the US version will have Panel de Pon rebranded as Pokemon Puzzle League. Personally, I'm not a fan of Pokemon, so I imported it (which also helps me brush up on my Japanese ) instead of waiting for the US release.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 AM   #130
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I picked up Space Channel 5 Special Edition for the PS2. I forgot how much this game rocks.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:54 AM   #131
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krang
I knew it would be released in the US eventually, but the US version will have Panel de Pon rebranded as Pokemon Puzzle League. Personally, I'm not a fan of Pokemon, so I imported it (which also helps me brush up on my Japanese ) instead of waiting for the US release.
Well, they didn't really rebrand it as Pokemon Puzzle League per say, as much as they rebranded it as...nothing. They stripped all the branding from the game and just named it Puzzle League. It feels kind of soulless and empty. I mean, the Japanese version was kinda a budget release with no real character related stuff outside of the name, because the whole purpose of this game was to see if it would sell enough to justify the production cost for Intelligent Systems to develop a full fledged wholehearted Wi-Fi Online DS game.

Still though, is it that they are so hell bent on keeping anyone in the US from knowing that the game spawned with faries? I wouldn't put it past them though to toss a couple of hidden Pokemon backgrounds in there though for the hell of it. Damn NoA. *sigh* Anyways, I don't support rebranding either so I imported the sucker. Such a wonderful little cartridge.

Oh, and Space Channel 5 pwns so hard. It's actually my wallpaper right now
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #132
Cerpin Taxt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie february6
I picked up Space Channel 5 Special Edition for the PS2. I forgot how much this game rocks.
KISS! KISS! KISS!

SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!

Though I never did play the second one. It didn't have Michael Jackson in it, though, so I guess it sucked.

Oh, and I got both games in the Katamari series recently.
Cerpin Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:35 AM   #133
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

...the second one is the one with Space Michael Jackson in it.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #134
Cerpin Taxt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
...the second one is the one with Space Michael Jackson in it.
I'm going to say no to this.

I had to dig through my closet, but I found it!

That's the one that I stupidly spent $40 back in the day when it first came out. As opposed to the second one, which is fully rendered with 3D models and such, this one (the first one), was just, if I'm not mistaken, FMV based and published in the US by Sega. It had the Space Michael in it, I think on the last stage, where you fight the giant wierd guy and the entire song is just a bunch of people singing with no synth or any other instruments. It also had the Space Diva, which was annoying.

Anyway, a few years back, if I'm not mistaken (again) AGTEC or someone published a special edition of Space Channel 5, which included the Dreamcast (First) version (again, with Space Michael), and Space Channel 5 Part 2, which was never released in the US until then. If I do recall, Space Michael isn't in that.

But look at me. I'm arguing over Michael Jackson. This is a new all-time low.

And I think there was a GBA version somewhere in there, too.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #135
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Yeah Michael was in the first SC5. I have him unlocked on My Dreamcast.
I THINK he may be in the second one also 'cause I skimmed the instruction manual and they mentioned him in it. It could be referencing the first game though.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:07 PM   #136
Cerpin Taxt
Hench Mutant

Now if they'd just make another Parappa or Um Jammer Lammy...

And I just picked up Tony Hawk's American Sk8land. Because IM talk is fun to put in game titles.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #137
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Meh, it's been too long since I played it, but I thought I remembered Space Michael being in the Japanese Dreamcast version of the second one......

*drags out Dreamcast and both Space Channel 5's*

Guess we'll find out
Old 11-23-2005, 07:46 PM   #138
Cerpin Taxt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Meh, it's been too long since I played it, but I thought I remembered Space Michael being in the Japanese Dreamcast version of the second one......

*drags out Dreamcast and both Space Channel 5's*

Guess we'll find out
I refuse to turn mine on until I find some CR2032 batteries and my copy of Jet Grind Radio. I totally forgot to take care of my Chao. Poor Chao
Old 11-24-2005, 03:23 AM   #139
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Quote:
Well, they didn't really rebrand it as Pokemon Puzzle League per say, as much as they rebranded it as...nothing. They stripped all the branding from the game and just named it Puzzle League.
Oh, you're right. With a name like Puzzle League, I assumed that they would add in some Pokemon characters and backgrounds, but from the screenshots I've seen, it looks like they left it alone. I wonder why they didn't just call it Tetris Attack, then... But anyway, I'm still happy with the version I bought since I got it early and since I could use the extra practice reading the Japanese menus.

Quote:
It feels kind of soulless and empty. I mean, the Japanese version was kinda a budget release with no real character related stuff outside of the name, because the whole purpose of this game was to see if it would sell enough to justify the production cost for Intelligent Systems to develop a full fledged wholehearted Wi-Fi Online DS game.
Even though I already have a handheld version of PdP now, I would still buy that if they decide to make it.

Old 11-24-2005, 03:27 AM   #140
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I swear, if I could read/speak japanese I'd never wait for a game to come out in the states.

Lucky Krang

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games