The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-17-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

New Pokemon Snap

A Pokemon Snap sequel has finally been announced! 21 years later but it's here!

http://http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/a_new_pokemon_snap_game_is_in_development_for_nint endo_switch
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Interesting! I played the heck out of the original. It was fun back in Pok'emon's heyday. Too many species now and I am past my Pok'emon investment, but I hope the fans today get the same fun I did with enhanced features for a much more advanced system.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
Leo656
The Franchise

Has this brand been around long enough yet for Pikachu to have an angsty Nu-Metal phase?

Kinda wanna see "Pokemon Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck". BOOK IT, Pritchard!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
Reinako666
Thug

Finally!
Reinako666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:00 PM   #5
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Has this brand been around long enough yet for Pikachu to have an angsty Nu-Metal phase?

Kinda wanna see "Pokemon Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck". BOOK IT, Pritchard!
The oldest Pok?mon ever got was as a shounen battle manga as Pok?mon Reburst
Old 06-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Mixed feelings about Pokemon Snap, the trailer lacked "soul" for lack of a better word, the Pokemon models seem the same over reused ones & I don't trust GameFreak at all. With that said the fact that Bandai Namco are the ones making the game gives me hope, graphics look nice so I hope the Pokemon get tons of animations and look in "in their habitat" like the N64 tried to do with its limited capabilities. The Nintendo 64 game is easily one of my favorites, I've wanted a sequel for two decades now but after nothing was released on the Wii U or 3DS which seemed perfect for the franchise I thought the time had passed, glad to see a sequel finally on Switch.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor

I mean, yes this is amazing.

But when am I supposed to play this. I already don't know how I'm going to rip myself away from Animal Crossing long enough to play the Sw/Sh expansion.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
The oldest Pok?mon ever got was as a shounen battle manga as Pok?mon Reburst
Hm.

Yes or No question, are you at all familiar with the band Prong, and/or the late-90s "Nu-Metal" movement?

Because you quoted me but I'm not entirely sure you got my joke. Which is a shame, because it really killed on FB this afternoon.

Just curious. I know very little about Pokemon, BUT, I'm a huge, huge fan of Dennis Miller-style comedy, which includes making obscure jokes and references which are incredibly funny, but only to about eight people at a time.

Just... y'know... for future reference, and all.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:44 PM   #9
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I freaked out when I saw this today. Most wanted game sequel ever. At least for those that never had one. I cannot say how excited I am for this. I always thought theyd eventually make another but still very unexpected. I dont remember the last time I was this hyped for a game. I would buy this today.

I loved the original so much. To me it felt like a theme park you could interact with. The secrets and different actions you had to trigger were so satisfying when a Pokemon would reveal themselves or do something cool. I would play for hours just to try and get better shots for the fun of it.

This looks great. Cute, colorful and updated graphics. I love it. I think I mentioned this before. Other franchises need to do this style of game. Jurassic Park is the first that comes to mind.

Its funny I didnt really have any reaction to the PS5. Nothing against Sony. Its just not worth it at launch. Most systems are not anymore imo.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #10
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
https://i.postimg.cc/yxVV9PzT/70-A32...BF90-B6364.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/y845WNXV/9768-A...-B141-EFAE.jpg

I freaked out when I saw this today. Most wanted game sequel ever. At least for those that never had one. I cannot say how excited I am for this. I always thought theyd eventually make another but still very unexpected. I dont remember the last time I was this hyped for a game. I would buy this today.

I loved the original so much. To me it felt like a theme park you could interact with. The secrets and different actions you had to trigger were so satisfying when a Pokemon would reveal themselves or do something cool. I would play for hours just to try and get better shots for the fun of it.

This looks great. Cute, colorful and updated graphics. I love it. I think I mentioned this before. Other franchises need to do this style of game. Jurassic Park is the first that comes to mind.

Its funny I didnt really have any reaction to the PS5. Nothing against Sony. Its just not worth it at launch. Most systems are not anymore imo.
It was really appealing to me back then since it was the first time we got to see the Pokemon rendered in 3D and it helped that it was very lifelike (for N64 standards). It felt like a nature show but with Pokemon and you take pictures. I also liked that it had the Pokemon voices from the show which was a minor letdown when Stadium used generic sounds for them. Speaking of voices, I'm not sure if Oak is in the new one or not but I'm pretty certain they'll use his current voice which isn't bad but pretty dopey compared to his original VA.

The Wii U was the perfect opportunity for a sequel (along with Mario Paint 2) and they completely missed it, so I don't know how much better this will be had they released a sequel on that system but I'm excited regardless.

Regarding the PS5, I think their first showcase last year was actually decent. It was until they revealed most of their titles would release on the PS4 months later which negates getting one at launch. I mean, it's slightly better than the Xbox Series' launch but both consoles failed to show why it's worth buying either at launch. That's usually the case with console launches but something about this launch in particular seems drier than usual.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #11
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Considering I liked the N64 game, I'll probably get this on release, though I'm upset you can't go to Blockbuster to print out the stickers of all the pictures you took.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:52 PM   #12
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It was really appealing to me back then since it was the first time we got to see the Pokemon rendered in 3D and it helped that it was very lifelike (for N64 standards). It felt like a nature show but with Pokemon and you take pictures. I also liked that it had the Pokemon voices from the show which was a minor letdown when Stadium used generic sounds for them. Speaking of voices, I'm not sure if Oak is in the new one or not but I'm pretty certain they'll use his current voice which isn't bad but pretty dopey compared to his original VA.

The Wii U was the perfect opportunity for a sequel (along with Mario Paint 2) and they completely missed it, so I don't know how much better this will be had they released a sequel on that system but I'm excited regardless.

Regarding the PS5, I think their first showcase last year was actually decent. It was until they revealed most of their titles would release on the PS4 months later which negates getting one at launch. I mean, it's slightly better than the Xbox Series' launch but both consoles failed to show why it's worth buying either at launch. That's usually the case with console launches but something about this launch in particular seems drier than usual.
Well the Switch basically operates like the WiiU so I don’t think that’ll make a difference.

I don’t keep up with cartoon so I don’t know about Oaks voice. I watch it sometimes out of curiosity but I’ve definitely lost track a long time ago.

The release date is April 30th. Just thought I’d mention it but ya the new systems are not that exciting yet. They will be. They just need time.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:03 AM   #13
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Well the Switch basically operates like the WiiU so I don’t think that’ll make a difference.

I don’t keep up with cartoon so I don’t know about Oaks voice. I watch it sometimes out of curiosity but I’ve definitely lost track a long time ago.

The release date is April 30th. Just thought I’d mention it but ya the new systems are not that exciting yet. They will be. They just need time.

In handheld mode yes but in docked mode is a different case. With the gamepad, you could hold it towards the Pokemon on TV. But it is what it is, at least we're getting it.

At some point during the anime, the 4Kids cast were replaced with an entirely new cast. Oak's voice is pretty weird to me.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:45 AM   #14
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
In handheld mode yes but in docked mode is a different case. With the gamepad, you could hold it towards the Pokemon on TV. But it is what it is, at least we're getting it.

At some point during the anime, the 4Kids cast were replaced with an entirely new cast. Oak's voice is pretty weird to me.
Oh ya the WiiU could have been like a camera. I don’t know if I would have liked playing through the view that screen though. It was fine for extra features.

Actually I did notice Ash’s voice is different now that I think of it.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:08 AM   #15
Slade
god status

I forgot this was coming out. Pretty cool. My youngest will enjoy it for sure.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:33 PM   #16
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Since I am only into the first generation of pokemon I am not really too excited about it. I might get it if it gets really good reviews. I am more excited about crash 4 coming to the switch.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote