The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 12:23 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
When?

She contacted Internet in the begining via "modem" (lol) and later used nanobots to control cars and later T1. What it has to do with Skynet?

Skynet already ran rampant even before TX arrival.
Separate from those incidents. In the room with the general guy. She interfaced directly with the same computer that the general guy activated SkyNET with.

I didn't like the remote control cars thing at all. I don't care how advanced the T-X is... there is no way to remotely drive, like, a 1987 Buick.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #82
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Separate from those incidents. In the room with the general guy. She interfaced directly with the same computer that the general guy activated SkyNET with.
I don't remember this moment in the movie.

She appears in the main room pretending to be Kate and then immediately shot by T850 and real Kate and John appears. After that she shots General Brewster several times and shot by T850 into air duct with shotgun. There is no moment where she interacts with computers in the main room.

I am not saying it could not have happened offscreen and it would explain some stuff in this movie and the next, but in movie proper it was never shown. At least not to my memory.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't remember this moment in the movie. At least not the moment when she injects nanobots into computer.
I don't blame you, but I promise it's there.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #84
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I don't blame you, but I promise it's there.
Timestamp, please.
I don't blame you if you won't be able to find it, though.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Timestamp, please.
I don't blame you if you won't be able to find it, though.
You know what, you might be right. I'm poring over the clips available on Youtube and I just don't see it. Must be the Mandela Effect.

It's possible what I'm remembering is her interfacing with that T-1. The way it's edited makes you think it's all connected... she connects with the T-1, then hard cut to the computer screens and radar suddenly going weird.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #86
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Terminator 6 is going to ignore Genisys
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...letely-a154017
https://www.theterminatorfans.com/ex...-terminator-6/
Old 09-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #87
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
You know what, you might be right. I'm poring over the clips available on Youtube and I just don't see it. Must be the Mandela Effect.
That's fine.

Idea that's TX actually somehow influenced Skynet in the past is the widespread one. But sadly it has never been officially confirmed, not even in early version of the script, comic book adaptations and the like.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:13 AM   #88
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Seems kinda both lame and good at the same time....I’m conflicted

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/new-t...ron-tim-miller

At least a few interesting details in there. T3, T4, T5 officially swept under the rug, but could have happened in "their multiverse." Also, it kind of sounds like Arnold is not playing a human (or maybe in addition to?), but playing another T-800 in a similar fashion to "Pops"?

Also he explains how he talked Linda Hamilton into returning:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/cameron-...t-sets-a-date/

Also, Cameron reaffirms his stance on Wonder Woman:
https://www.cosmicbooknews.com/james...er-woman-again

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 09-27-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:45 PM   #90
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Of course the others can be alternate timelines but referring to them as bad dreams is not necessary. Come on. What's their beef with them?

I actually like T3 a bit more than T2. The lead up to Skynet was exciting and TX was not just a prototype. Part 3 was more of a sequel.

It's fine to pick up after 2 but I don't understand why they've gone out of thier way to continue to throw jabs at the others.

Obviously the nice Terminator gets sent back in time again since he destroyed himself at the end. Which in itself must be an alternate timeline if he's aged and learned. (That's kinda like my idea )
Old 09-27-2017, 11:17 PM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Of course the others can be alternate timelines but referring to them as bad dreams is not necessary. Come on. What's their beef with them?
True. I agree. And if I wanted to burn the calories, I could dredge up 5 or 6 articles with Cameron singing the praises of Ts 3, 4, and 5. I know he's walked those back, but still. C'mon, man.

Quote:
I actually like T3 a bit more than T2. The lead up to Skynet was exciting and TX was not just a prototype. Part 3 was more of a sequel.
T3 was OK by me. A few of the humor things were big misses, but I like what was there. Ballsy ending. Didn't like the TX controlling cars... nonsense.

Quote:
Obviously the nice Terminator gets sent back in time again since he destroyed himself at the end. Which in itself must be an alternate timeline if he's aged and learned. (That's kinda like my idea )
I'm pretty sure we can assume this is a Sarah Connor that never got leukemia and is alive and well today in 2017, same timeline as T2. The T-800 Arnold is playing... who knows. I kind of want it to actually be Pops just to salvage something out of Genisys, but I don't imagine Cameron wants to run with T-1000 Arnold.

From previous news, we also know we'll run into fully human Arnold in this.

I have to admit... I'm at least a little intrigued. And with both Tim Miller AND Cameron on board, this will be R-rated for sure.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:07 AM   #92
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we can assume this is a Sarah Connor that never got leukemia and is alive and well today in 2017, same timeline as T2. The T-800 Arnold is playing... who knows. I kind of want it to actually be Pops just to salvage something out of Genisys, but I don't imagine Cameron wants to run with T-1000 Arnold.

From previous news, we also know we'll run into fully human Arnold in this.

I have to admit... I'm at least a little intrigued. And with both Tim Miller AND Cameron on board, this will be R-rated for sure.
I liked Pops. I've seen Cameron praise Genisys too. I didn't know about human Arnold. That's cool.

Maybe they could say they had another T-800 on thier side and this aged one is its first time traveling to the past. T3's was a different one too wasn't it?

What could possibly be the villain? Megatron? They obviously didn't like the previous ones. There's gotta be something to physically fight.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I liked Pops. I've seen Cameron praise Genisys too.
He's praised them all. Not sooo much T4, though. There was an article about him being approached by McG to read the script, and Cameron was like, "Well, I can do that, but not for free," and nothing ever came of it. But he did come around after the film came out.

Quote:
Maybe they could say they had another T-800 on thier side and this aged one is its first time traveling to the past. T3's was a different one too wasn't it?
T3's was very different. That was a T-850 that successfully killed John Connor in the year 2032, then was reprogrammed by John's wife to go back and safeguard the past and stop the assassination of John's top generals while they were teens.

Quote:
What could possibly be the villain? Megatron? They obviously didn't like the previous ones. There's gotta be something to physically fight.
Good question! So far efforts to out-T-1000 the T-1000 have been highly problematic. Damn, man... I really don't know. "Let's make a Terminator that's even scarier than Robert Patrick!" just isn't going to work out well, we know this. And "let's keep it simple, back to basics, another evil T-800" isn't going to be satisfying either. 15 years ago it would have been neat to see another "Full Evil" Arnold Terminator again, but Arnold as a 70 year-old actor now I'm not too keen on it anymore. Still, something tells me Cameron will make sure things surprise. Even if he's not directing it himself, he works outside the studio system and he will make sure this is exactly the movie he believes it needs to be.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:34 AM   #94
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
T3's was very different. That was a T-850 that successfully killed John Connor in the year 2032, then was reprogrammed by John's wife to go back and safeguard the past and stop the assassination of John's top generals while they were teens.
Oh ya that's right. Well I think to keep it in the same timeline as T2 this aged terminator has to be some kind of a separate robot from the one that destroyed itself.

Quote:
Good question! So far efforts to out-T-1000 the T-1000 have been highly problematic. Damn, man... I really don't know. "Let's make a Terminator that's even scarier than Robert Patrick!" just isn't going to work out well, we know this. And "let's keep it simple, back to basics, another evil T-800" isn't going to be satisfying either. 15 years ago it would have been neat to see another "Full Evil" Arnold Terminator again, but Arnold as a 70 year-old actor now I'm not too keen on it anymore. Still, something tells me Cameron will make sure things surprise. Even if he's not directing it himself, he works outside the studio system and he will make sure this is exactly the movie he believes it needs to be.
They keep implying they want it reference our relationship with technology in our daily lives but it still has to be an actual thing.

I personally liked the different terminators hunting them in Genisys idea. It gave it a creepy vibe.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:14 AM   #95
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
They keep implying they want it reference our relationship with technology in our daily lives but it still has to be an actual thing.
People behind Genisys said exactly the same thing and we saw how it turned out. Not to say, that it will be the same, but who knows anymore?

As for the, what can be more scary than T1000? Well, Terminator lore actually has lots of crazy machines:
- T1000000 - a giant spider of liquid metal (from T2 3D attraction, which was worked on by Cameron himself);
- TXA - a giant liquid terminator who can separate itself into 5 humanoid units or a pack of dogs;
- T-Infinity - Terminator with time machine build into its body, who can teleport;

Not to mention various dog and kids-terminators.

Though I am pretty sure they will figure out something new for the movie, it's just T1000 and TX are not most dangerous machines in the series.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:38 PM   #96
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ooh I really like T-Infinity. Didn't know about that. Just looked it up. It fits in with what they're doing too as it's purpose is to keep the timeline in order.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 AM   #97
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Ooh I really like T-Infinity. Didn't know about that. Just looked it up. It fits in with what they're doing too as it's purpose is to keep the timeline in order.
They will need to design some contrived way to kill it, as T-I was nigh invincible as far as I remember.
On the other hand, so was T1000, TX and T5000.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #98
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
They will need to design some contrived way to kill it, as T-I was nigh invincible as far as I remember.
On the other hand, so was T1000, TX and T5000.
Don't forget the T-3000!

Though I'm really not clear... how was the T-3000 (the FAKE John Connor in Genisys' alternate present) any bit better than the TX or T-1000?
Old 09-29-2017, 11:16 AM   #99
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Don't forget the T-3000!
I meant T3000, when I said "T5000".
Still can't remember what the right number of this guy was.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I meant T3000, when I said "T5000".
Still can't remember what the right number of this guy was.
T-5000 is legit, too, though. That was SkyNET in the movie, played by Dr Who.

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female