The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I frankly get a little annoyed with the "I'mma be Me no matter what" attitude, because that's exactly what got my wife fired from every single one of her jobs.
Merely out of curiosity, what exactly did she do? Get into fights with the supervisors?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #82
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So for those of you who hit it, how do you cope with turning 30 years old?
I'll let you know in a little over a month...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

No, she's just generally kind of goofy and puts her foot in her mouth a lot. She's just the kind of person that people in general get sick of rather quickly. She also has a hard time turning off the "funny" side of her personality when it's time to be serious. You don't have to do anything "wrong" to get fired from a job, sometimes people just get sick of you.

From the person who knows her best, I can say, a little of her goes a long way and while I don't agree with it, I totally understand it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #84
pennydreadful
trash

Fair point Leo - my comment was meant more in a non-work context but yeah... some sacrifices have to be made for work purposes unfortunately. I think it's more about picking and choosing your battles, and what's more important to you - money or being able to have lots of facial piercings.

In my case, I chose money.

On the other hand, if I had to work one of those jobs where women were expected to wear makeup and skirts... I'd just find another job. I wouldn't care if I had to get a job cleaning toilets, if that's what it meant. Everyone has their own limits.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

I hear you. I just get annoyed because a lot of times people act like what other people think matters a lot less than it really does. Objectively, what other people think of you can have a HUGE affect on your life. It sucks, but it's true.

I mean, in my own case, even though I don't do anything wrong, people in my wife's family HATE me. They hate me mostly because I'm not rich, which is directly related to the jobs I'm "allowed" to have with my long hair and tattoos. So, other people in the family get helped out in hard times, but we get "Well, it's your own fault." One of her cousins got pregnant by a heroin addict who abused her, but the family was supportive of them because he had a job with AT&T that paid five grand a month, so whenever they needed help, be it money or anything, they got it. But when my wife and I were homeless, or even just needed a couple hundred bucks to get the car fixed, it was "Tough sh*t. If that assh*le 'applied himself', cut his stupid hair and got a 'real' job, you wouldn't have these problems." Yes, I'm considered to be lower than a drug addict, because society says long hair isn't allowed. Some world, huh?

So, it goes beyond just work. Depending on a person's individual circumstances, sometimes your entire LIFE is controlled by other people and what they think. It isn't fair, but I definitely think that we set kids up for future frustration when we tell them as kids "What other people think of you doesn't matter," when it absolutely, totally, definitely does. How MUCH it matters depends on your own individual standards of happiness.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #86
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't get it, Leo, I thought you were a wrestler full-time so why does it matter if your hair is long? You have another job when you're not in the ring?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:30 PM   #87
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
So, it goes beyond just work. Depending on a person's individual circumstances, sometimes your entire LIFE is controlled by other people and what they think. It isn't fair, but I definitely think that we set kids up for future frustration when we tell them as kids "What other people think of you doesn't matter," when it absolutely, totally, definitely does. How MUCH it matters depends on your own individual standards of happiness.
For my own part, I actually have very few people in my life (which doesn't bother me) so I'm probably at an advantage there.

Sometimes I just get frustrated with the stupidity of it all - and if I'm being honest, this is probably a contributing factor to why I have few people in my life - dealing with other people is a lot of hard work, and I made the choice to opt out of it. I'm happy left to my own devices, so for my part, it hasn't been a difficult trade-off.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #88
Leo656
The Franchise

'Cubed: Oof. Nobody who isn't in WWE is a "wrestler full-time", and even half of those guys would drive 500 miles for a free meal and then stuff as much as they can in a bag for the road. Pro wrestling is the absolute worst job a person can have as far as work put in vs. amount you get paid. I've had a few $100 nights... very few. And unless you're on TV, it's only a weekend gig anyways, because indy promotions can't afford to run shows on school nights. Makes no sense to run a show on any night when 90% of your audience has to be in bed by 8.

I'm a personal trainer 5-7 days a week to (barely) pay the bills. There's another sh*t job. I mean, as far as personal satisfaction, it's great; people thank me every day for helping make their lives better, and I love that. But the money's terrible, and if people are being f*cking lazy, you don't get paid, because it's all commission. I've had days where I was *scheduled* to train 8 people and make a decent amount of money, only to have 6 of those people come down with a case of "I don't feel like it". My average pay is $20-25 an hour, but that's IF people show up. The only good thing about it is the personal satisfaction and that the hours are super-flexible.

It's frustrating because it's all I ever wanted to do for a living and, like most jobs, when they're trying to hook you into it they seriously over-inflate the upside. I was told it was a job that paid $30,000 a year to start and only went up from there. Yeeeeeeaaaaaah. You CAN make good money, but you kind of have to know people and get in at the right place.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #89
Turo602
The King of Kings

I feel as young as ever.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #90
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I feel as young as ever.
And then you become us and get mad when younger people say sh*t like that, SO SHUT UP, KID!

God...I'm so angry I could have a nap...right after I get some fiber in my system, because age.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #91
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
On the other hand, if I had to work one of those jobs where women were expected to wear makeup and skirts... I'd just find another job. I wouldn't care if I had to get a job cleaning toilets, if that's what it meant. Everyone has their own limits.
Oh my, yes! I have run away from those types of jobs faster than a fat kid toward cake. I've had several good job offers that required a certain dress code and I pass. In fact I took one job and according to the wording of the dress code I could wear things I was comfortable wearing but once I started, it was made clear to me by higher ups that what I was wearing wouldn't work- so I told them the job didn't work. You can't hold a woman to a different standard than a man and me be okay with it... Turned out to be a good decision.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 AM   #92
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
My problem with me hitting 30 in the next few years is that I don't feel like settling down yet. No offence but the 30+ people of course are going to say that "don't care for the social stigma or IT"S JUST YOU", because that's crap. Yeah life goes on in your 30s we're not denying that but your 20s are gone that part of your life is gone and you can't bring it back just how you can't bring back your teens. You are old now and just because I'll be 30 I won't be saying that it's the same as being in your 20s. And yeah what society thinks is important to a degree, do you respect a teenager who or guy in his 20 with a My Little Pony t-shirt or maybe a half naked anime girl? The whole "Don't care what people thing" has a limit. My main problem for me is I still want to settle down but just not now but I can't pause my life and i can't expect to have my first child in my late 30s, not to mention the older my wife is the more dangerous or the fact that my wife wouldn't want to wait that long. I don't want to be too old for my kid to do things, so yeah 30 is indeed a turning point in your life where you have to make decisions that will affect the rest of your life. It's not just a "number".

As far as forcing your kids like what you like it's just not going to happen, I remember trying that with my nephew and didn't understand how he didn't find the things I grew up with interesting, but it makes sense, I didn't find the things my dad grew up with interesting either, they want the new shiny stuff and while I'd like them to grow up from NES to current gen it's just not going to happen. He will have to choose what he likes and I'll be forced to watch it with him. Cybercubed actually makes pretty good points at times and is honest about many things people don't want to admit, the problem is the comment might already be "controversial" and then he posts some off the wall thing that helps disprove any good point he had and leaves himself open to ridicule.
Obviously it matters to some degree, but being in your 30s and not wanting to settle down is not the same thing as being a grown man wearing a MLP t-shirt.

I can see why you'd be worried about having a family before it's too late. That's not really due to society pressure but it's just human(and animal) nature to keep the species alive. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm still fairly young, so it doesn't cross my mind getting married and much less having kids, but who knows if that might change in a few years if I happen to fall in love with someone and have a long-term relationship with that person.

You can't bring back the past, but as you grow older, you'll gain other interests and lose other ones. How many things that you liked when you were a kid still grab your interest? Not many, I'd bet. And even if you look back fondly on your childhood and teenage ages, would you really want to relive them? Because when I look back at mine, I kinda feel a bit embarrassed remembering how immature and annoying I could be at times.

When I was a kid, I used to fear a bit the idea of being an adult, but you don't just change physically as you grow older but mentally as well. At the moment, I have no idea what being 50 years old is like, but I'm sure i'll find it normal once I hit that age.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 AM   #93
Leo656
The Franchise

I, for one, can't wait until I get my Rainbow Dash shirt. F*ck everybody.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:08 AM   #94
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Obviously it matters to some degree, but being in your 30s and not wanting to settle down is not the same thing as being a grown man wearing a MLP t-shirt.
Not seeing the problem with being an adult and wearing an MLP shirt... I've got a cupboard full of shirts with unicorns on them. They're just clothes - who cares what someone else wears? Seriously, I don't get it. If you like it, wear what you want.

Quote:
I, for one, can't wait until I get my Rainbow Dash shirt. F*ck everybody.
Post pictures when you do.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:12 AM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, absolutely. She's my hero.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:20 AM   #96
pennydreadful
trash

That's because she's 20 percent cooler than other ponies.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:23 AM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise

20% cooler than damn near everyone, from where I sit. Dash don't f*ck around.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #98
pennydreadful
trash

I really like... her mane?

Old 06-24-2014, 03:41 AM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Her mane is pretty striking. She rocks shades fairly often, also neat.

I completely lost my sh*t that one time she referred to a stray storm cloud as "This punk cloud..."

FiM and Archer are the two shows my wife and I laugh at the most consistently. And boy, ain't that an odd counter-balance?

Old 06-24-2014, 03:56 AM   #100
pennydreadful
trash

All this talk about Rainbow Dash has now gotten Somewhere Over The Rainbow stuck in my head...

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep, cybercucked, same old song and dance, sjw is the new 30