The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2014, 04:50 AM   #1
TheAmazingFlow
Mouser

Lightbulb Krang's Gross Dimension X Body?

I stumbled across this picture the other day. Sadly, they never produced this figure, but it got me thinking.
We see people create all sorts of project thanks to Kickstarter, Indiegogo and others, and wouldn't it be awesome if this figure could become a reality?
Should this figure be possible to produce with the help of a 3D printer, for example?

I know nothing about 3D printers and the technology to create a figure. This is just my crazy idea that someone might finds interesting.

What do you guys think?

Old 08-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingFlow View Post
I stumbled across this picture the other day. Sadly, they never produced this figure, but it got me thinking.
We see people create all sorts of project thanks to Kickstarter, Indiegogo and others, and wouldn't it be awesome if this figure could become a reality?
Should this figure be possible to produce with the help of a 3D printer, for example?

I know nothing about 3D printers and the technology to create a figure. This is just my crazy idea that someone might finds interesting.

What do you guys think?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...-krangbody.jpg
So that's what his body looked like

Anyway, unlikely to have much success on Kickstarter, as it would have to make people feel it was worth it to donate, not just for a singular project that only one person gets to see. I'd say though individually you'd have more success with a 3d printer, but only if you could find someone to 'draw up' the design in CAD software, which would be needed to be able to print it out. And for that, you'd have to guess at what the back-end looks like, since it's not shown.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
nathanbofficial
Random Punk

I always wondered what Krang's body would have looked like
nathanbofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i always thought Krangs body would have looked the episode from the OT series where he cloned him self and the Krang clones grew bodies
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
Casey
Stone Warrior

I would have loved see that, but maybe it was good to keep it a mystery.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Nameless
Mad Scientist

doubt a kickstater thing... but defiantly a cool challenge to a customizer....

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #7
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

There are a couple companies just starting to design collectible art toys for customers to print out on their 3D printers! Very cool, unfortunately the one I have access to at work, can only print in one color medium.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #8
MisfitKraang
Foot Soldier

I would have loved to see this made and released!! It looks so cool!!!! Imagine the unpainted detail that this would have had
Old 11-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #9
Galoob23
Thug

I'm about to release this figure as a custom item. This will roughly be the colorway!

Galoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Should go with something a bit louder, in keeping with Playmates tradition. Magenta, maybe.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #11
Galoob23
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Should go with something a bit louder, in keeping with Playmates tradition. Magenta, maybe.
Nope, he should be a lizard/reptilian like character and since the Turtles are Green I decided to go with a brown/tanish color with pink/blue and ooze green hints.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 AM   #12
Galoob23
Thug

I present you: Krang with his gross dimension X body!

More pics of this project in the customs department of this forum. http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...65#post1729465
Old 11-17-2017, 05:58 AM   #13
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

That is amazing.
Great work !!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:20 AM   #14
Galoob23
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
That is amazing.
Great work !!
Thanks man!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #15
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

The detail on this custom is fantastic
This thing should be produced on a large scale so I can get my greedy hands on it haha
Old 11-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #16
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Looks great!!!!

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #17
Casey
Stone Warrior

This is radical.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:44 AM   #18
TheAmazingFlow
Mouser

I just logged in to this forum to check this thread and look for the picture I posted here. I created this thread over 5 years now and that was like 6 days ago

I haven't checked it since then and it's awesome to see that Galoob23 took the challenge to create this character in 2017

I'm now working as an 3D artist/animator and I've learned a little about sculpting tools.

I was thinking about creating a 3D model of this one and maybe print it out on a 3D printer. My idea was to be able to attach the already made Krang character to this body.

Would be cool but maybe too much of a challenge. Who knows.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:20 AM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingFlow View Post

What do you guys think?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...-krangbody.jpg
DUDE, now that I think about it, this reminds me of when the Mad Balls characters had bodies and you can pop off their heads (which were basically the regular Mad Balls). In fact taking a closer look, I wouldn't be surprised if Krang's rejected body sculpt was turned into Slobulus' body and they continued the toyline from there.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:48 AM   #20
mikey0
Foot Elite

Krang’s Gross Dimension X Body reminds me too much of D’Compose from the Hasbro Inhumanoids Ultimate Enemy line. Good thing Playmates Toys did not release Krang’s Gross Dimension X body because there were still more than enough Inhumanoids toys in stores like Woolworth’s in the early 1990s.

The gross toy trend either died after the Madballs toy line started losing steam in 1987 or after the Kenner Savage Mondo Blitzers were ditched by children for the Toy Biz Uncanny X-Men toy line.

Krang’s Gross Dimension X Body without the pop-off Krang would have been one of the most unrecognizable original TMNT toys and TMNT toys (period) in the history of TMNT. Playmates Toys did the right thing by bringing out Krang’s Android Body instead.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote