The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #61
snake
Disgusting

The pokemon anime is ridiculosly stagnant and I legit can’t fathom the appeal behind it. A majority of the non-kid viewers have to just be watching for certain characters or out of sheer dedication to the brand.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #62
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
The pokemon anime is ridiculosly stagnant and I legit can’t fathom the appeal behind it. A majority of the non-kid viewers have to just be watching for certain characters or out of sheer dedication to the brand.
Yeah, not even when I was a kid at the time did I care much for it. And I was born in 1990, so I definitely was part of the target audience in its first few seasons.

Pokémon is an odd case. The mainline games are great, but the rest of the property is a turnoff for me. It just comes across as too childish. And even when I was a kid I felt that way about it. A lot of people who are older than me also think Pokémon is "for kids" and seem to be put off from trying the Pokémon games no matter how good their reviews are, so my theory isn't that farfetched.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #63
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Pokémon's anime pattern of replacing the main girl every new region is an odd thing.
Ash is one hell of a player.

Quote:
I've never liked the Pokémon anime much, tbh. I dunno how some people have been watching it since episode 1 from like 1999 to now. For ages it was an episodic formulaic show where Ash % co travelled, met people and Pokémon along the way and had to deal with TR trying to steal Pikachu every episode. Maybe the formula has changed since then, but it was still more or less that up until Hoenn. Having to sit through hundreds of episodes like that seems like a torture.
I have watched around 400 episodes in total through tv viewings over the years (from early 2000s to 2010-ish), you don't really notice the length unless you're in a marathon or something.

Quote:
I'm not the most caught up person on the anime myself, but most adults fans I've seen, legitimately seemed to enjoy the latesr XY and Sun and Moon Sagas.

From what I've seen, both are entertaining in their own way so the Pokemon anime has had a new golden age of sorts, after the dark ages of Black and White.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #64
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Ash is one hell of a player.

I have watched around 400 episodes in total through tv viewings over the years (from early 2000s to 2010-ish), you don't really notice the length unless you're in a marathon or something.

I'm not the most caught up person on the anime myself, but most adults fans I've seen, legitimately seemed to enjoy the latesr XY and Sun and Moon Sagas.

From what I've seen, both are entertaining in their own way so the Pokemon anime has had a new golden age of sorts, after the dark ages of Black and White.
I don't think Ash was old enough to care about that sort of stuff yet lol. Plus, I don't recall him hinting at liking any girl, not even Misty.

Well if you've been keeping up with the show since the late 90s then I guess you haven't noticed it much. I guess it's kinda like watching WWE. God knows at this point how many WWE shows I've watched in my entire life, so unless you pointed it out for me or I had a way of knowing it doesn't seem that much.

I feel bad for anyone who wants to get into the Pokémon anime and picks it up from ep 1 up to the current season nowadays.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #65
snake
Disgusting

The only good thing about the Pokemon anime in the first place is the girls. Thank god they change them up every once and awhile.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #66
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
The only good thing about the Pokemon anime in the first place is the girls. Thank god they change them up every once and awhile.
Maybe that's part of the reason why. Big anime fans need their waifus
Old 03-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #67
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Dragon Ball Evolution. I actually had to look up the damn name.
Nah..... Thats a keeper unfortunately for the sole fact that Akira came back entirely bc of that disastrous movie. It is essentially what fueled him to come back and make new DragonBall content from my understanding. So yeah it was a necessary evil.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:06 PM   #68
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Dragon Ball Evolution. I actually had to look up the damn name.
Lemme guess, that was the crappy looking live action DBZ movie that came out in like 2010, right? I remember a few of my classmates who were huge DBZ fans being horrified at the footage they saw of it.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:55 PM   #69
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Not even Smallville?
Hm. Yeah, I guess so. Honestly it literally never even crosses my mind unless someone asks me my opinion of it. So yeah, I guess that fits the criteria.

It's also one of the few things my wife and I agree on.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #70
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Hm. Yeah, I guess so. Honestly it literally never even crosses my mind unless someone asks me my opinion of it. So yeah, I guess that fits the criteria.

It's also one of the few things my wife and I agree on.
Well sorry for reminding you of its existence, then. You told me about it sometime ago, so I definitely remember you hating it and was surprised you didn't originally mention it in this thread.

What about wrestling feuds/angles and such? I'm sure you'd rather not count Sting's WWE run as part of his career. Or maybe even Goldberg's and Vader's?
Old 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM   #71
Leo656
The Franchise

Hahaaaa, good calls. Again, I don't think about it that much, but yeah, those things shouldn't have happened the way they did.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #72
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
nowadays I find it hard to 100% reject or dislike TNM.
I think Next Mutation is almost forgotten. I don't see much hate towards it in threads anymore.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #73
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think Next Mutation is almost forgotten. I don't see much hate towards it in threads anymore.
Because it's already been over 20 years and it wasn't particularly successful. It got cancelled after like 25 episodes or whatever. And by the time it came out(1997) the TMNT boom was pretty much dead already. TMNT had been a sinking ship since like 1993. A lot of people probably aren't even aware that TNM was a thing. It didn't leave any long lasting effects on the property. People mostly hated the idea that it was the last TMNT thing on TV for some years.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #74
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

The Last Jedi

Bay Turtles

Most of the Bay Transformers movies

Duke Nukem Forever

Prometheus and Alien:Covenant
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #75
Sobble
Banned

Seasons 6-9A SpongeBob And seasons 9-10 fairly odd parents
Sobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:53 AM   #76
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Because it's already been over 20 years and it wasn't particularly successful. It got cancelled after like 25 episodes or whatever. And by the time it came out(1997) the TMNT boom was pretty much dead already. TMNT had been a sinking ship since like 1993. A lot of people probably aren't even aware that TNM was a thing. It didn't leave any long lasting effects on the property. People mostly hated the idea that it was the last TMNT thing on TV for some years.
I was not aware of it until many years later, when using the Internet.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #77
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I was not aware of it until many years later, when using the Internet.
Same here. I didn't know of it until I read about it on the old ninjaturtles.com website back in 2003 or so.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:26 AM   #78
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I've never liked the Pokémon anime much, tbh. I dunno how some people have been watching it since episode 1 from like 1999 to now. For ages it was an episodic formulaic show where Ash % co travelled, met people and Pokémon along the way and had to deal with TR trying to steal Pikachu every episode. Maybe the formula has changed since then, but it was still more or less that up until Hoenn. Having to sit through hundreds of episodes like that seems like a torture.
They've tried changing the formula a couple of times, usually that makes it interesting, so obviously they think that shouldn't last and revert right back to formula.

Some of the best seasons are ones that make Team Rocket more of a threat, have Ash interact more with TR's boss Giovanni, or bring Misty and Brock back into the show just to check in on them. The current series has an interesting hook with Ash being in a Pokemon school.

I stopped watching Pokemon on a regular basis after the second movie, Power of One. Just felt like a good jumping-off point, seeing as you had Ash save the whole planet, take control of legendary Pokemon, you got the closest possible resolution to the Misty/Ash story that the anime would ever realistically allow the 4Kids writers to have...and then shortly after, you had Ash win a tournament. If you were to use wrestling terminology on me, the Orange Islands era was NXT, and Ash just became one of those poor souls who peak over there and choke on the main roster
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:44 PM   #79
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Things that I like to pretend it never existed include the following:

- The "Sonic The Hedgehog" Movie

- Bad/Mediocre "Sonic" Games ( Sonic Forces, Sonic Boom, Sonic '06, etc. )

- Cherry Coke

- Joss Whedon's Tv Shows/Movies/Comics

- The word, "nimble"

- Momo Yaoyorozu

- The Trolls

That's all I got for now.

I would like to update this list, if only to include:

• * The "Sonic The Hedgehog" Movie Sequel ( Self-Explanatory )

* NFTs ( They damage the environment through their carbon footprint. They also enable money-laundering. )

* The song/music video for "Blurred Lines" ( It's filled with misogyny. )

* Starbucks coffee ( I think that it tastes disgusting. )

* Tabloid Magazines ( They mainly exist to invade the privacy of celebrities/A-Listers. Other than that, they serve no purpose to the masses. )

* Most modern anime tropes ( The lecherous pervert, the "accidental" grope, and the "convenient" cloth-rip are massive botherations. )
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:36 PM   #80
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

They are not lies. They are the truth.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging nerds, make me forget!