The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #8161
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

When we wrapped out our show last season, the Executive Producer and Showrunner approached me to tell me that if we get picked up for another season that I would be in the writers room (at long last!).

We were just cancelled.

So... yeah.

Moving back to Vancouver and trying again there. Such a piss off.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #8162
Vegita-San
Emperor

ever notice the people who claim to be the most open to new ideas and new situations seem to be the fastest to turn on you when you say something they don't like?

it's been a very weird month for unusual reactions this may/june.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #8163
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Definite grind... Being one of those states where we actually have to take our vehicles to the DMV for inspection. As long as it's a quiet day, as it was today, and you're not stuck in a long line of cars, the inspection itself is quick and easy. Nice weather today so it was pretty pleasant. (Never even had to get out of the car.)

It's the drive over there that I hate... Definitely a down side to us not being able to just go to a local auto place that can do it like many other states do.

Between too many people apparently driving like idiots/jerks today and having to be on roads or parts of roads I'd rather avoid... And then accidentally ending up on frigging I-95 on the way home which is just fantastic. All thanks to a bunch of changes they made to an area of roads around the 95 exits that is rather confusing (esp the non-exist fly over that just 'magically' became 95) and I'm not used to it coming from that end and it's so easy to miss which lane you will need to be in as it comes up on you so fast with too much traffic.

At least it's done for another year. (Though I'm still mad they up and doubled the price per year back in '07. Almost no one pays for more than a year at a time anymore... That amount used to get me two.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
When we wrapped out our show last season, the Executive Producer and Showrunner approached me to tell me that if we get picked up for another season that I would be in the writers room (at long last!).

We were just cancelled.

So... yeah.

Moving back to Vancouver and trying again there. Such a piss off.
Aw! Well that seriously stinks. Good luck on the next one, hope you land something great.

6/14 - The lies people tell themselves to excuse things they do.

Verbally raised an eyebrow at my mother, so to speak, when I saw her immediately getting a second fudge pop from the freezer after having just had a first one. I was pretty certain I'd already heard her get into them not long before.

Her excuse... "It's the other half. They come in twos. So I can have it." And pulls out another to show me how the packaging consists of two completely separate fudge pops with connected wrappers.

Oh for the love of... *facedesk* You are a grown woman who should damn well know better! Yes, I'm so totally sure that a woman who has recently returned to type 2 diabetes totally needs a second one AND to make stupid excuses to have it; expecting me to buy that claim.

That crap (making up lies to excuse it) just makes me lose respect of people. If you're going to act against your own best interests, at least OWN it.

Too bad she had dumped them in and threw out the box. I'd have gladly pointed out to her the existence of the SERVING SIZE info.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-14-2018 at 12:03 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #8164
Vegita-San
Emperor

some people just don't know how lucky they are with what they've got.

and adding in a few beers making them a bit of a jerk in the process doesn't help either.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #8165
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
This- is hard. Demona broke her back leg this morning, so we had to call my mom to drive us to take her to the vet this evening. The prognosis was not good. The bones were riddled with holes and were weak and being eaten away. It seems the lymphoma that caused her to go blind had spread all over and was destroying her bones. We just had her put to sleep, to keep her from suffering any further. It was not how I wanted this to go, but..... I suppose it was for the best. She has been with us for 13 good years, and was my friend and familiar. She is waiting for us over the rainbow bridge now, at least I hppe she is. I held her when she fell asleep from the sedative before they gave her the euthanasia, and felt her last breath against my hand.

On a related note, Mr D got a call this afternoon from his mom that his grandmother passed away around noon. So, yeah, it's been a day of loss. He sang a lullaby he wrote to Demona as she was falling asleep from the sedative, and broke down crying in the middle. We brought the empty carrier home, and I think Angel already knows something is up, but hasn't realized yet that her companion is gone.

The only bright side to all this is that we no longer need to find a home for the kitten- she IS home. Since we no longer have Demona, the two cat limit of our apartments is not an issue. We decided to keep her. Demona's cremated remains will be coming home in a box in a few days, to join the ashes of her son Ash and my first cat Pepper in my curio cabinet.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #8166
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, so sorry. Condolences on both your kitty and grandmother-in-law. If there's anything after this, well... maybe they can provide a lap and a cat for each other. And the new kid gets a home, which I'm sure any good elder cat at the end of life might be glad to know she can pass her humans down to someone.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #8167
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Thank you. I only ever met her once, but it was a hard enough blow for him, and then this happens with Demona. She sat in my lap last night while I was writing. She used to curl up on my belly and purr when I was pregnant. I miss her already.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:52 PM   #8168
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh sh*t, that is terrible ! I'm so sorry that happened to you, especially given the circumstances. That kitten came right on time, all things considered.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #8169
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Mr D thinks she was sent to us for that reason. I'm inclined to agree.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #8170
newfan
Mad Scientist

Awh, sorry to hear your news Duckie.

Last edited by newfan; 06-20-2018 at 12:11 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:40 PM   #8171
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother-in-law and of Demona.

May you have my deepest condolences.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:56 AM   #8172
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Thanks again, all. I woke up this morning to Mr D saying he didn't feel good. This is after he got sick right before bed last night due to high blood sugar/pressure from the stress of yesterday. But this morning it was low. 39 in fact, which is VERY low. This whole past 24 hours has been horrible, to say the least.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:37 AM   #8173
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm sorry for all that you're going through, Marvel.

I wish you and your husband well.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:14 PM   #8174
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Hope things have settled down this many hours later and that Mr. Duckie is feeling better.

Agree on the timing of the new kitty. I think some strays tend to know right where they belong and are needed. The two we've had certainly did.

Grind... The local Walmart is one of my stores I cover for my new job. Luckily our section is very small. However I'm slightly annoyed that they've decided to move the place our boxes are stored, after they come in by truck, to a shelf overhead. Not a big deal the last two weeks, but today I go in and there is a Great Wall of Walmart boxes piled up in front of that area so that I can't get ours... Was able to reach two that were on the lower shelf where they'd been kept before, but two or three overhead...forget it. Couldn't even scan them to check them in on the device, or see the info enough to do it manually. Wish they'd have done this last week when we didn't have a shipment.

Even if there had been anyone back there today that I could ask about getting some of it moved there was so much that it would have wasted so much of my time. Normally they block one of the aisles, not that spot. Dang Walmart.

Annoying thing is, I don't need to end up with a backup of merchandise and then not enough allotted time to get it done in.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-21-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #8175
Vegita-San
Emperor

It's a shame.

IF it wasn't for the spying and forced updates and possible ads, I'd update to windows 10. It's mostly stable when it doesn't update itself.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #8176
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Hope things take a turn for the better soon, MsMarvelDuckie.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #8177
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, things have mostly settled down now. The little one seems mostly oblivious to the disappearance of our older cat, but Demona mostly kept to hersrlf in her chair. Angel seems to know she is gone, but doesn't seem too upset. They only got along tolerably at best, so not surprised. I Think Angel knew it was Demona's time.

Old 06-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #8178
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

You named your cat after the Gargoyles character?

That's...actually pretty cool.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #8179
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think I have a cold...I had a scratchy throat all day yesterday and then started getting worse from there.

The mildew from work probably got to me. There was a lot of really, really old stuff not being stored properly.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #8180
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't really know that it's much of a "grind" per se, other than the extra cost... But I accidentally treated my vehicle to Super at the gas pump rather than the normal Regular we typically get. I was trying to twist the hose a bit straighter before putting it into the tank and... when I turned around to hit the button for regular the super was already chosen, apparently by the hose having hit the button. Damn.

Ah well. Stopped at only $25 worth though rather than filling up entirely. It can enjoy it while it lasts.