The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-20-2017, 08:19 PM   #141
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This is the one movie even Disney Star Wars drones have criticized, so it has to be excellent to win over anyone, it might be Disney's first SW bomb. No one wants this story. We're getting Episode VIII this year, a yearly SW film since TFA and isn't the Han Solo movie coming out in May? People will be all tired out. Way to ruin SW Disney.

I remember being mostly alone with only a few when I criticized EpVII but ever since then more and more people are critical of the way Disney has handled SWs.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #142
Vegita-San
Emperor

a femenist might be a bit of an ass to work with?

imagine that.

Well, I guess star wars was fun while it lasted. who would have thought we'd be asking for crazy old george to come back?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:25 PM   #143
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

I remember being mostly alone with only a few when I criticized EpVII but ever since then more and more people are critical of the way Disney has handled SWs.
If it's a SJW disney lead movie, LOTS of people are going to be afraid to criticize it.

I remember being REALLY excited by the previews. I thought, this could bring the magic back to star wars.

When i got to watching it, and the first minute kylo ren and the joker storm troopers hit the screen...that feeling sunk pretty fast. even though rey is likeable, it got worse when she came on the scene and pretty much dropped when the classic characters came in. in worse shape than they where since ROTJ.

sigh.

kennedy is going to run star wars into the ground.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #144
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
a femenist might be a bit of an ass to work with?

imagine that.?
How the hell is this not bannable? Trolling about feminists and females in every goddamn thread on the forum.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #145
Vegita-San
Emperor

you know, something got me wondering.

remember that rick mccullum guy who popped up out of nowhere during the Special Edition era?

We all thought he was going to be groomed to be the new george lucas. and then he vanished as quickly as he came and suddenly kennedy was around. i wonder if there is a story behind that.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:59 PM   #146
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you know, something got me wondering.

remember that rick mccullum guy who popped up out of nowhere during the Special Edition era?

We all thought he was going to be groomed to be the new george lucas. and then he vanished as quickly as he came and suddenly kennedy was around. i wonder if there is a story behind that.
I met Rick Mccullum, he was a jerk. He is a huge Star Wars fan and was mostly a yes man for Lucas. He has a Star Wars museum of his personal figure collection that he runs.

There was definitely drama on what happened to him because people always mention it but I have no idea what happened. Or am I confusing the story with Steve Sansweet?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #147
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think when Lucas let the prequel blowback really get to him, McCallum was the guy left holding the bag. Or something.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #148
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
I met Rick Mccullum, he was a jerk. He is a huge Star Wars fan and was mostly a yes man for Lucas. He has a Star Wars museum of his personal figure collection that he runs.

There was definitely drama on what happened to him because people always mention it but I have no idea what happened. Or am I confusing the story with Steve Sansweet?
You're confusing him with Sansweet. He has Rancho Obi-Wan.

But yeah, this is going to be garbage. CMPL were the only things the movie had going for it for most people. I actually think the idea of a Han Solo movie is great, but you'd need an extremely strong vision and script to pull it off.

Why do studios never seem to understand that too many cooks spoil the f*cking movie?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #149
snake
Disgusting

Nevermind, I take it all back. The quips were the root of the problem. I wouldn't want Joss Wedon's Han Solo.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-fired-1015474

" Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the style and vision of Lord and Miller clashed with that of Lawrence Kasdan, the legendary screenwriter behind the classics "Empire Strikes Back" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark", who also wrote, with his son, Jon Kasdan, the script for the Han Solo standalone set (for now) to be released in 2018.

Lord and Miller ("21 Jump Street", "The Lego Movie") have a comedic sensibility and improvisational style while Kasdan favors a strict adherence to the written word – what is on the page is what must be shot.

The creative clash, accordidng to one insider, came down to differences in understanding the character of Han Solo. “People need to understand that Han Solo is not a comedic personality. He’s sarcastic and selfish,” said that source.

The friction was felt almost immediately when the movie began shooting in February, sources say, but the directors always thought it could be worked through. Kennedy, the producer and head of Lucasfilm, decided to back her lifelong colleague, who shaped much of Solo’s character in "Empire" and "Return of the Jedi" and who had a specific tone in mind for the new movie. The duo also didn’t feel they had the support of producer Allison Shearmur, who was acting as Lucasfilm’s representative on the London set. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #150
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I find it hilarious that this film doesn't even have an official title.
Good show of confidence about your films guys.

Also, Vegita-San? You might want to tone down the feminism stuff. You've posted that stuff in multiple threads. Didn't you just get banned from another forum? I'm sure you wouldn't want to get banned from here too. Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just looking out for ya.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #151
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just looking out for ya.
it'll only bother you if you let it ;o).

but after the last year of dealing with it in movies, can you tell it really really irks me to see it elsewhere? post traumatic stress
Just like andrew has a tough time letting go of plant based posts ;o)
Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #152
snake
Disgusting

Please stop using this- ;o). It makes you look like a sex offender.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #153
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Please stop using this- ;o). It makes you look like a sex offender.
I don't think you need to worry with what he's confessed before.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #154
Vegita-San
Emperor

honestly, this place.....

smh.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #155
snake
Disgusting

lol he's modifying his ignore list.

Also friends with gobo.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:38 AM   #156
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Cut to George Lucas touching down on set, clutching a rope-ladder suspended from a helicopter. "Get me a grande cappuccino and warm up the green-screen."

Seriously though, they hire noobs so that they can trade off their name while still being able to push them around; maybe they should just hire workmen directors in the first place and tell them what to do.

Last edited by ProactiveMan; 06-21-2017 at 12:43 AM.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:21 AM   #157
ZariusTwo
Overlord

About time someone put their foot down on Disney being so dependent on quips for characters.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #158
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Obviously have no clue what the dailies look like but what was KK expecting when she hired L&M? They've got a pretty distinct style. With all the firings and replacements it seems like KK needs to do better due diligence when hiring directors. Kudos to L&M for not letting KK give them the Gareth Edwards treatment where you assist another director that KK wants to reshoot half of your movie.

I don't like reading that she sided with her friend Kasdan because the directors wanted to tweak the script by having the actors improv some of the lines. Kasdan hasn't created anything worthwhile in a long time.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:33 AM   #159
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:

I don't remember the jerk angle, but now that you bring it up, I DO remember the Severe Yes Man angle.

I wonder if all the lucas loyalists where the first thing to go when the company got bought, and the only thing that saved someone like dave filoni is that he was already deep into production on something disney needed to be a hit.

wonder how long filoni will last, because he does not look happy in these latest interviews either.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #160
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Filoni isn't going anywhere. He got promoted to Head of Animation recently.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story