The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: I can't wait to be Mutanted!
Mutagen Man!!! 28 25.69%
Life is not like a video game - Hey Coins! *Mario noise!* 64 58.72%
Hey, I'm the sword guy, I make the decisions around here! 13 11.93%
There's something really satisfying about not losing... 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #381
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was ready to face palm when he got mutated because either he was going to kick ass as Newtralizer which wouldn't make sense since he doesn't have any fighting experience, while the Turtles, Chris and Xever were trained.... or he would turned into Newtralizer and sucked... which would be a waste of a cool character design.

When he started melting away and running around in panic and such I was like 'oh god.... they're gonna turn him into Mutagen Man....'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #382
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I was ready to face palm when he got mutated because either he was going to kick ass as Newtralizer which wouldn't make sense since he doesn't have any fighting experience, while the Turtles, Chris and Xever were trained.... or he would turned into Newtralizer and sucked... which would be a waste of a cool character design.

When he started melting away and running around in panic and such I was like 'oh god.... they're gonna turn him into Mutagen Man....'
I had that realization when I noticed he didn't even touch a Newt XD
.....I was totally out of the loop until he turned into a blob LOL
Old 05-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #383
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsai4lex View Post
Poor Powderpuff... Good guilt-trip, though... I actually feel bad
Why? What you said is true. This forum has more than its share of rude people trying to ruin the board for everyone else. Those of us who are actually mature need to band together This is a fandom, and if some individuals are not here to share in the enjoyment of a common interest with others then they can leave. And if they won't leave on their own, we'll shame them into leaving until they clean up their act.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #384
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber16 View Post
If I've learned anything in my life, acid doesn't make your skin bleed. It turns it into pepto bismol.
Ah, two-face.

I'm pretty sure they bleed, so I googled some images.. I can't. I feel sorry for all the victims.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #385
Overlordofnobodies
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Why? What you said is true. This forum has more than its share of rude people trying to ruin the board for everyone else. Those of us who are actually mature need to band together This is a fandom, and if some individuals are not here to share in the enjoyment of a common interest with others then they can leave. And if they won't leave on their own, we'll shame them into leaving until they clean up their act.
Well said and I fully agree with it.
I been apart of to many fourm where I leave do to other people there being to rude to any comment they dont like.
Overlordofnobodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #386
dukebothers
Random Punk

thought this was a good episode but I agree with previous posters...the ending was rather creepy. I was also amazed that the turtles were so inept when they switched weapons. I would have thought they would have more in-depth training with other weapons to learn their strengths/weaknesses
Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #387
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebothers View Post
thought this was a good episode but I agree with previous posters...the ending was rather creepy. I was also amazed that the turtles were so inept when they switched weapons. I would have thought they would have more in-depth training with other weapons to learn their strengths/weaknesses
No kidding! I for sure thought the turtles would be more experienced using a variety of weapons... I understand they're supposed to be really young still, but they've got to be better than this, I would think anyway...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #388
Ch'redder
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebothers View Post
Yeah, I immediately thought of one scene in the 2003 series where they were able to use each others' weapons effortlessly and saying that they must be prepared, or something like that. I don't mind their ineptness, though; it keeps things fresh.

It would be interesting to see them with each others' weapons in further eps, though.
Ch'redder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:33 AM   #389
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch'redder View Post
Yeah, I immediately thought of one scene in the 2003 series where they were able to use each others' weapons effortlessly and saying that they must be prepared, or something like that. I don't mind their ineptness, though; it keeps things fresh.

It would be interesting to see them with each others' weapons in further eps, though.
^it definitely wasn't effortless, they were out of their comfort zone, for sure, but could at least handle the weapons (I think Don dropped a sai)
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #390
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

This was one of my favorite episodes thus far, but maybe I'm biased because I'm such a Mutagen Man fan. I was already anticipating Mutagen Man showing up, but the way it was executed was brilliant. I still think that because Timothy is kind of a lovable clutz, they're going to give him the ability to take on whatever form he wants, like Semour Gutz... I honestly think that Mutagen Man and the Newtralizer are one and the same.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #391
Tazi
Mad Scientist

Wait... So his name is Timothy, and he got acid dropped on him? Let's hope his surname is not Leary... uhm, never mind.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #392
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
^it definitely wasn't effortless, they were out of their comfort zone, for sure, but could at least handle the weapons (I think Don dropped a sai)
Yep
It was in the episode "What a Croc"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
You are right my friend! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited by redsai4lex; 05-21-2013 at 11:30 AM.
redsai4lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #393
cryan
Stone Warrior

Saw the episode on Nick.com a little bit ago. A bit disappointed. I really think Timothy or the Pulverizer should have been mutated into the Newtralizer. Mutagen Man should have been someone else.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #394
Ch'redder
Random Punk

A lame character gets mutated into a lame mutant. Makes sense, in a way.
Ch'redder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #395
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...6FczWZmqqCM%3Ahttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...6FczWZmqqCM%3A

Is this the newtralizer? Cus, I've never even heard of this character before this thread...
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #396
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsai4lex View Post
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...6FczWZmqqCM%3Ahttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...6FczWZmqqCM%3A

Is this the newtralizer? Cus, I've never even heard of this character before this thread...
Hasn't appeared on the show yet, but he is the first result (the action figure one).
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #397
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Interesting... Kinda looks like a character that might appear in the old toon anyway...
Old 05-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #398
InsaneZane
Mad Scientist

Where is Pulverizer's parents? had somebody asked this yet? lol
Old 10-28-2014, 10:34 AM   #399
Sumac
Banned

Yes!! Finally!! No more this dumbhead Pulverizer!!
Boy, I thought Mikey was the most aggravating character in the show, but Timothy / Pulverizer / Mutagen Man, kind of takes the take.

Gladly now he reduced to the blob in container. I'll wait for when he return as Mutagen Man. I hope he will be more interesting. Otherwise, it was fillerish episode.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:13 PM   #400
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I figured I'd go back to season one and attempt to jot down my thoughts for each episode since I wasn't around then. This one just plain floored me. I figured Tim would come out okay. Never looked up any spoilers regarding Mutagen Man, so when he doused himself and began screaming, I spent a few seconds thinking,"That didn't just happen." Then when my fiancee described his state at the end of the episode, I remembered my Mutagen figure from childhood and was completely blown away. I'm not sure what I was expecting to happen, but I absolutely loved the dark and twisted ending to this episode. Sure, I thought he might possibly mutate once we find out that the Foot are stealing mutagen from the Kraang, but another part of me was thinking,"Nah, it won't happen to Tim. The writers wouldn't." I'm glad they did. I confess that I didn't have much of an appetite for a day or so after watching this story. That has NEVER happened with me and an animated series before. This episode was all kinds of messed up, but it's one of my favorites due to the horror movie vibes. Way to go, Ciro and co.

I wasn't annoyed with Tim's antics prior to the mutation. Guess I've got a soft spot for the goofballs. I'm a pretty patient guy, so he never got under my skin. I did agree with Donnie, however. Dumping mutagen on yourself is never a good idea.

The beginning of the Kraang/Shredder alliance was a great ending to a great episode. I'd hoped for it at the end of Karai's Vendetta. So I wasn't disappointed. Speaking of Karai, I had hoped to see her in this episode. April too, but ah well. Nice to know that Operation Breakout comes directly after this episode. They fit together so perfectly. I wish they could have aired in their proper order rather than book-ending Parasitica. Great to be able to re-watch them in their correct order now.

Tags
episode discussion, nick