Old 06-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #21
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Modern day NYC?
Dead first time out.��*♂️
He's more athletic than you, fat boy...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
He's more athletic than you, fat boy...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:26 PM   #23
DVSleeSmooth
Mouser

Probably not long. Caseys a good fighter but he would be seen as a Vigilante considering he also goes by his real name and the only disguise is a hockey mask it wouldnt be hard for the Cops to find him. Alternatively Casey could probably get caught in a gang scuffle or get shot considering hes busting heads. Or could be turned over to the Foot
DVSleeSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:21 PM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Dude's got a baseball bat. One fight against a guy with a gun and it's over. One long cut on the arm from a guy with a knife and he's bleeding out from being filleted.

You don't dodge bullets in real life and generally speaking you stay way out of range of a knife or walk away.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:33 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, in real life most "vigilantes" are smart enough to only pick fights they can win, so I'unno, if all he did was stuff like taking on those purse snatchers in the first movie I could see him doing alright. Maybe sneak up behind someone robbing a liquor store and braining them from behind while they weren't ready. He could get away with stuff like that if he was careful about it.

But yeah he'd generally be pretty outmatched if he aimed any higher than that. Which is why most people in real life don't attempt such nonsense. Good thing for him he ain't real.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:47 PM   #26
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Have any of you seen or heard about those real-life superheroes? A lot of them had enough dough to buy military grade protection... the kinds swat guys use. Their outfits are customized to look colorful but their helmets are often made with the same poly-carbon materials that riot helmets and $hit have. They also have way more defense training than you might believe. That husband/wife team (they were lawyers) got arrested for vigilantism and I'm not sure if they beat the rap, but they were lawyers so?????

So, I dunno... With someone like Jones? First of all, HE'S FICTIONAL... If he were real, he would most certainly be wearing bulletproof armor, at least. It would depend on a lot of factors? If he picks his battles, stays in the shadows and doesn't get caught in the middle of a bad situation? Who knows?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-l...fe_superheroes

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 07-03-2020 at 05:10 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I seen 'em. I remember like 10 years ago G4 had one of their shows do a whole "expose" on it. Those people are well-meaning lunatics. That's the kinda stuff I used to fantasize about doing when I was like 6, and realized by 7 that was a great way to get killed.

I can't believe that some people think that's a good idea. If they'd ever actually thrown hands with someone who was armed and high on crack or PCP they'd probably rethink their position. In real life you can't even go up to a group of drug hustlers and ask them politely to disperse without getting a gun in your face. "Helmets" or no, these guys would last all of five minutes in Newark or Camden or New Brunswick; their body'd end up in the trunk of someone's car and their delightfully-decorated head would be placed on a stick on a street corner as a warning to every other dumbass.

And that's just Jersey. I'unno, man. People are f*ckin' nuts.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #28
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
The thing with RLSH's though, is that MOST of them don't actually go out looking to pick fights with gangs and such. They are really more like glorified neighborhood watch, and most conduct themselves as such. They also often do things like volunteer work with the homeless and disadvantaged, like working in soup kitchens, handing out blankets and coats, cleaning up litter, etc. Some also do visitations to local children's hospitals or other such places. A very few DO actively seek out criminals to make citizens arrests, but they are the minority, and will use appropriate precautions. There is a really good book on the subject in my local library that I read years ago, which goes into the history, activities, and even lists some of the most well-known ones from around the world.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #29
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
The thing with RLSH's though, is that MOST of them don't actually go out looking to pick fights with gangs and such. They are really more like glorified neighborhood watch, and most conduct themselves as such. They also often do things like volunteer work with the homeless and disadvantaged, like working in soup kitchens, handing out blankets and coats, cleaning up litter, etc. Some also do visitations to local children's hospitals or other such places. A very few DO actively seek out criminals to make citizens arrests, but they are the minority, and will use appropriate precautions. There is a really good book on the subject in my local library that I read years ago, which goes into the history, activities, and even lists some of the most well-known ones from around the world.
That's a really good point, Ms Duckie. And to your point, the husband/wife team known as Pheonix Jones and Purple Reign are really almost more like political activists than they are a Casey Jones or Batman type... They raise awareness of social issues and teach self defense courses and give lectures to high school students. They're not really out there fighting street gangs or confronting bangers too often. But I'm sure a tense situation has happened on occasion.

The ones that do fight in the streets are usually the ones who end up in prison for assault. They're not being gunned down as much as they are going to jail.

Last edited by PizzaPower1985; 07-06-2020 at 07:25 PM.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #30
AquaParade
Banned

I don?t know but I love Casey Jones as a character. This makes me think about Shades of Grey from Mirage volume 1, where you do get a bit of a deconstruction of Casey Jones.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:36 PM   #31
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
a week maybe. He even uses his real name. Not hard for the police to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Does he surrender peacefully if the cops get him?

Because I would predict violent death by policemen when he won't stand down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Once the police arrested him, they would probably be attacked by an angry mob demanding him to be freed.
So I guess most of you guys don't realize this, but you can actually make citizens arrest legally. In Ohio any citizen can make a felony arrest. Its how the Highway patrol makes arrest, bc they are legally cops.

So the police really couldn't do anything unless they actually see him commit a crime himself. Bad guys would kill him first. He might last a while, but eventually I imagine he would be killed by bad guys.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:47 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

You know, with everything having to be political or a movement, it can never be, well this guy did this just because.... I wouldn't be surprised if nowadays Casey Jones would unintentionally start a movement. Either he manages to beat up some thugs and save a life, or he gets gunned down on his first night, granted it's caught on film well...

If he succeeds people will probably start some sort of #takebackthestreetsyourself movement or some crap that will inspire a lot more vigilantees running around, for better or for worse.

If he is gunned down, that might be the incident that was the last straw and it starts some sort of #getcrimeoutofthehood movement or whatever where people start to fight back against the gangs.

Of course the politicians and powers at be will use either movement to further their agenda and line their pockets, maybe say it's the Mexicans fault and somehow the wall was involved, I dunno. I just get the feeling Casey Jones would have unintentionally have started some sort of movement or hashtag.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:02 AM   #33
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You know, with everything having to be political or a movement, it can never be, well this guy did this just because.... I wouldn't be surprised if nowadays Casey Jones would unintentionally start a movement. Either he manages to beat up some thugs and save a life, or he gets gunned down on his first night, granted it's caught on film well...

If he succeeds people will probably start some sort of #takebackthestreetsyourself movement or some crap that will inspire a lot more vigilantees running around, for better or for worse.

If he is gunned down, that might be the incident that was the last straw and it starts some sort of #getcrimeoutofthehood movement or whatever where people start to fight back against the gangs.

Of course the politicians and powers at be will use either movement to further their agenda and line their pockets, maybe say it's the Mexicans fault and somehow the wall was involved, I dunno. I just get the feeling Casey Jones would have unintentionally have started some sort of movement or hashtag.
Could definitely be an interesting story angle.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #34
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
Have any of you seen or heard about those real-life superheroes? A lot of them had enough dough to buy military grade protection... the kinds swat guys use. Their outfits are customized to look colorful but their helmets are often made with the same poly-carbon materials that riot helmets and $hit have. They also have way more defense training than you might believe. That husband/wife team (they were lawyers) got arrested for vigilantism and I'm not sure if they beat the rap, but they were lawyers so?????

So, I dunno... With someone like Jones? First of all, HE'S FICTIONAL... If he were real, he would most certainly be wearing bulletproof armor, at least. It would depend on a lot of factors? If he picks his battles, stays in the shadows and doesn't get caught in the middle of a bad situation? Who knows?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-l...fe_superheroes
Ohhhhhh... ya. Real life superheroes. God what where we thinking? I saw a documentary about that... I think it was called Kick-Ass!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #35
AquaParade
Banned

I'm massively entertained by real-life superheroes. It's so bizarre. Keep them coming.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:34 PM   #36
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Missed this thread. lol

I think if it was Casey Jones now...he'd get caught pretty quickly. Everyone has a phone. If he does his whole vigilante thing and someone nearby hears him or comes across it and records it and make it publicly known, there's a chance that someone (his family maybe?) would recognize him. The cops may also have something to go by because come on...we know Casey isn't the type to sit around and not do the vigilante thing even if he was plastered all over the place, imo.

In the past...he has more of a chance because it was easier for people to kind of be a bit incognito because people's lives wasn't out there for all to see. I still think he'd get caught pretty quickly if the cops put two and two together, or if the criminals start blabbing on about a guy named "Casey Jones" beating them up...then again, Casey beats them up with sporting equipment...would they have the brain cells left to even give that much information?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #37
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly the world has gotten so 'cameras everywhere', the Ninja Turtles themselves wouldn't be able to function. They'd literally be exposed to the world their very first night out. Depending on how humanoid 'real-life' ninja turtles would look, they'd probably be able to get away with 'they're just weird guys in costumes' for the first day or so before someone realizes they're actual mutated animals.

I'm thinking at the rate the world is moving, more and more modern cartoons and heroes that deal with secret identities have to to kinda ignore the fact that everyone has a cellphone with a camera on it or have it take place in the 80's and 90's before such technology existed.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 02:33 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Turtles would know to only operate at night time... also only in the shadow. And they're trained ninja... avoiding random people with cell phones should be easy. City cams and such? They'd figure out where they are and know to avoid. It's not rocket science.

Maybe Donnie could figure out a small yield EMP-type device to knock out nearby devices/cameras/phones. My dad did that 15 years ago (for phones anyway), I'm pretty sure Donnie could, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 04:39 PM   #39
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

Not very long, especially without the threat of a weapon that fires projectiles But if he were to set up a high performance sport bike near where he is doing the vigilante stuff and he could get to it before getting shot up, then he might have a good chance of avoiding getting caught up.

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #40
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

He’s a man in Sports Equipment.
I give him 2 months at the absolute most before randomly getting gunned down in an alley
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote