The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #21
LeonardosBane
Foot Soldier

This looks really cool, I pre-ordered mine.
LeonardosBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:43 PM   #22
inksb
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
That sh*t almost makes me wanna not even buy one. C'mon, now... Show some respect to your customers.
Pretty much since they started getting popular with the posters they don't really seem to give two ***** about helping the customer out. They over charge for shipping on posters. I buy a lot of silkscreened posters from a variety of print shops and retailers, they are by the most expensive and charge usually $5 more than most. Nakatomi is another Austin, TX based art print company, they usually ship posters for $10 to where I live, while I've had mondo try to charge me between $15-$17 in the past. They also charge people $50 for giclee prints, for those that don't know that's an "archival" digital print, while other companies are hand printing screen printed posters for $40 at the same size. All in all Mondo generally pisses me off. Super limited prints to drive up a ridiculous re-sale market which ends up screwing the actual fans in the long run.
inksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #23
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Wow that thing look, umm... so not to my fancy.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #24
Redemption
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardosBane View Post
This looks really cool, I pre-ordered mine.
Which one you preirder?
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #25
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Mondo sucks for way more than just their shipping service. Try ordering a hot poster from there on drop day.

With that being said, it's super cool and I just preordered.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:15 PM   #26
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Well I responded to their email requesting to speak to a manager. We will see if that goes anywhere. If not... Maybe I'll pass altogether, least on the 4

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #27
Panda Khan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Mondo sucks for way more than just their shipping service. Try ordering a hot poster from there on drop day.

With that being said, it's super cool and I just preordered.
I've given up on the poster drops. They are sold out within seconds of dropping and a lot are leftovers from special showings at Alamo Drafthouse or exhibits so they are even more limited by the time they drop. I've only been able to get one from an online drop. The rest of my Mondo posters are from the Batman 75th exhibit when I lived in Austin last year. I saw a lot of people there that obviously had no interest in the exhibit and were there to flip the prints as soon as they walked out in my opinion.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:56 PM   #28
Redemption
Stone Warrior

The B&W Deluxe figure sold out fast. Was already sold out when I was looking to preorder.
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:04 PM   #29
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
The B&W Deluxe figure sold out fast. Was already sold out when I was looking to preorder.
Pretty typical with Mondo as they tend to
Sell out quickly. LOTS tend to be from scalpers

I picked up the B&W one only for now... If I find the rest later maybe I'll grab them. I want this one because it's a nice homage to that drawing... The others are just meh... Not worth the price they want.

It'll look good on my comic cabinet

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!

Last edited by TheMasterTurtle; 05-13-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #30
Rat_King
Hench Mutant

Can 300 of those Deluxe ones really sell out that quickly? Does anyone know if they limit how many any one person can buy? I'm going to be highly irritated if scalpers were able to buy large lots screwing over legitimate collectors like myself. I know their primary concern is meeting quota, but still...
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:36 AM   #31
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I would love one of those, but with shipping it's $126.18 AUD, and that's not going to happen.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:08 AM   #32
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

If I read it correctly..... The only one with a limited release was the deluxe one @ 300 units....correct? Can someone clarify? To me that's just to drive up hype..... "Whoa....deluxe sold out!!?!?! Better scoop up the rest!!"
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:45 AM   #33
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Everything from Mondo gets massive hype and sells out within an hour of being put it, again check eBay for their posters. I'd say 90% were bought on release day.

Check out my collection!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:47 AM   #34
pihb
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
If I read it correctly..... The only one with a limited release was the deluxe one @ 300 units....correct? Can someone clarify? To me that's just to drive up hype..... "Whoa....deluxe sold out!!?!?! Better scoop up the rest!!"
there is no "scoop up the rest". The only one that is limited is the Deluxe and it comes with (2) extra heads and a first sketch print with it. The rest are dependent upon how many are preordered.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:48 AM   #35
pihb
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_King View Post
Can 300 of those Deluxe ones really sell out that quickly? Does anyone know if they limit how many any one person can buy? I'm going to be highly irritated if scalpers were able to buy large lots screwing over legitimate collectors like myself. I know their primary concern is meeting quota, but still...
you can preorder the black and white, color red, or color orange and get one. there are no limits on these figures. just the deluxe version
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:08 AM   #36
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

I ordered the B&W standard release. The others are an easy pass. Sucks that we have to wait for Q4 to get these
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #37
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Just ordered the Black & White one, way too cool to pass up!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #38
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i was psyched and ready to order until i saw the 15.20 shipping. that is absurd, a flat rate box is 5.70 where do the get an extra 10.00 from? (my bet their pocket) im not sure i want the figure anymore. that shipping fee just turned me off to him

these people are only hurting themselves charging ridiculous shipping fees. i got some thinking to do
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:24 AM   #39
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

It's a pass for me. I love the general design, but there's something... off about the eyes and mouth. It looks far too dopey, as opposed to the determined slight smirk of the original drawing. I could fix it, but at close to £80 (including shipping), I'd rather just sculpt my own version.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #40
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I think I am going after the black and white one. I will display him with a napkin lol for giggles of course.

Youtube channel that talks about TMNT, Gundam, Pumpkin Plants, Finances, G I Joe, Transformers and move: https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote