The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #4481
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 12-31-2020, 11:42 PM   #4482
Allio
Foot Elite

TOEI TOKUSATSU WORLD OFFICIAL (TOEI YouTube Channel)
TO RELEASE KAMEN RIDER SERIES

Million thanks to over millions of the TOKUSATSU fans from around the world, the subscribers of TOEI TOKUSATSU WORLD OFFICIAL have exceeded 143,000 since its launch on April 6th, 2020 (as of December 23th) and still growing rapidly.

We are now pleased to announce that TOEI TOKUSATSU WORLD OFFICIAL will be releasing selected episodes from all of the KAMEN RIDER (a.k.a. MASKED RIDER) series to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the origin since 1971 together with the fans from around the world. The uploads of the program will start from January 16, 2021 along with various events related to the anniversary.

Enjoy the episodes and celebrate KAMEN RIDER’s 50th anniversary together on any device, any time, and any day! HEN-SHIN!!

Releasing timing: Every Saturday and/or Sunday
Releasing Schedule: To be announced

?Basically, we will upload 1 and/or 2 episodes per series with English subtitles.
?Please note that viewings maybe restricted in some areas, depending on the programs.
?The channel is not available in Japan.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #4483
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers through Dino Super Charge are leaving Netflix at the end of the month, as are VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. For the record, the latter DVD volumes for VR Troopers and BeetleBorgs are sold out and no longer available.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:49 PM   #4484
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers through Dino Super Charge are leaving Netflix at the end of the month, as are VR Troopers, BeetleBorgs, and Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. For the record, the latter DVD volumes for VR Troopers and BeetleBorgs are sold out and no longer available.
Here’s the confirmation.

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/n...aving-netflix/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:48 PM   #4485
Allio
Foot Elite

got some Kamen Rider stuff

Spoiler:

Old 01-15-2021, 02:02 AM   #4486
Allio
Foot Elite

We had a Zenkaiger press conference

trailer
https://twitter.com/i/status/1349958677894074369

and the Kikainoids civilian forms

Spoiler:

Old 01-15-2021, 06:09 AM   #4487
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So there's another anniversary team-up film coming? (45th anniversary), great, wonder just how PR will screw that up when we reach it...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:49 AM   #4488
Allio
Foot Elite

If rumors are true we ain’t making it to the 30th anniversary.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:49 PM   #4489
ZariusTwo
Overlord

David Yost is writing an MMPR Reunion Series Project called "Quantum Continuity"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffcon...h=321921233974
Old 01-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #4490
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

As a fan of the OG 6 it always surprised me that none of them would really take off in their respective careers after the grueling short stints of fame. I guess the closest to that was Amy Jo, who decided not to be a high profile actress when she departed Felicity. We will never know about what Thuy could have done, but there was not much on her resume between '95-01. The four guys, though never really got any gigs aside from Walter getting a role on a short-lived Nickelodeon show. I wanted them to succeed, but I guess they are content living quietly and thankful for their short time on top thanks to nostalgia of a certain group.

Whatever they do I hope it honors Thuy and that the five of them are happy with the project. I will watch it out of respect for them. That is, if it actually works out and is done.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:07 PM   #4491
sdp
Rave Raptor

Amy Jo Johnston had a few movies like Perfect Body where she is a gymnast and kinda could fit as a what happened to her tale after she left Power Rangers

Austin, Trini and Walter made a martial arts video together for VHS, can't remember the name but it exists, never seen the video but only scans of the vhs and some screenshots of it. They also tried to film a pilot for a sci-fi show together but that was never picked up if i remember correctly.

I wouldn't trust any of the OG rangers to write a good tribute show but I don't know I'd give David Yost a chance, and I feel they could write it in a way that Thuy gets a respecting tribute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
If rumors are true we ain’t making it to the 30th anniversary.
New rumors or the same rumors from the last few months?

PM me for an invite to the TechnoDrome Discord
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:10 AM   #4492
Allio
Foot Elite

The same rumors
Old 01-31-2021, 06:58 AM   #4493
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jason Bischoff's...odd little pitch for a Megaforce continuation, reveals, amongst other things, that Gosei had more of a greyer moral shade and had a doomed love affair with a male pirate called Brig who ultimately is transformed into a villain called Dreadnaught.

https://twitter.com/shadowpiper/stat...61383686189058
Old 01-31-2021, 10:09 AM   #4494
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
David Yost is writing an MMPR Reunion Series Project called "Quantum Continuity"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffcon...h=321921233974
The chance of Amy Jo Johnson doing anything Power Rangers related is less than zero but jumps up ever so slightly if David Yost is in charge of it.

Surely the only way you'll rope Jason David Frank in is if the story goes something like; Tommy reunites the team to fight clone Tommy which has been revived by Lord Drakkon Tommy and the only way to beat him is for Tommy to combine all his ranger forms and morph into the Ultimate Ranger and ends with him slapping Jason and him replying "thank you sir may I have another".

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like any reunion to also involve Rocky, Adam, Aisha and Katherine. If Aisha took Trini's place as Mighty Morphin' yellow and the others along with Tanya use the Zeo powers.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 03:43 PM   #4495
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The chance of Amy Jo Johnson doing anything Power Rangers related is less than zero but jumps up ever so slightly if David Yost is in charge of it.

Surely the only way you'll rope Jason David Frank in is if the story goes something like; Tommy reunites the team to fight clone Tommy which has been revived by Lord Drakkon Tommy and the only way to beat him is for Tommy to combine all his ranger forms and morph into the Ultimate Ranger and ends with him slapping Jason and him replying "thank you sir may I have another".

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'd like any reunion to also involve Rocky, Adam, Aisha and Katherine. If Aisha took Trini's place as Mighty Morphin' yellow and the others along with Tanya use the Zeo powers.
Does Amy really dislike doing anything related to Power Rangers though? I may have been a bit out of the loop when it comes to Power Rangers for a while but I always thought that was a rumor. I recall her still did a few things for her fans. She even made a cameo in the 2017 film with JDF.

As far as I know, JDF is the most active out of the original six ranger cast in the Power Rangers community. I don't see why he'd be against it unless it's a darker take as seen when he voiced his opinion against the gritty fan film. Also, has he ever gotten over his said fallout with Austin St. John?

I'd be down with the option of reuniting the other rangers. I didn't think the replacements were bad, I just prefer Jason, Trini, and Zack.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:39 PM   #4496
Galactus
Mad Scientist

Amy has said it's very unlikely she'd ever act in Power Rangers again. She only ever does cons by herself or with JDF or David Yost. She doesn't seem to want to share a stage with anyone else.

JDF and Austin St John did post for a picture of the original Power Rangers guys at the premier of the reboot movie but the impression I get is that JDF still doesn't like Austin. We know he doesn't want Austin booked for cons that he himself attends. It's stupid and at this point a very one sided rivalry but is is what is.

I remember JDF saying he didn't like Joseph Khan's gritty Power Rangers short film but I imagine he said that because he felt Saban would be against those types of things and Saban approved projects were his main source of income. In truth he'd do anything if it paid him enough and had Tommy as the most important role.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:50 PM   #4497
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Amy has said it's very unlikely she'd ever act in Power Rangers again. She only ever does cons by herself or with JDF or David Yost. She doesn't seem to want to share a stage with anyone else.

JDF and Austin St John did post for a picture of the original Power Rangers guys at the premier of the reboot movie but the impression I get is that JDF still doesn't like Austin. We know he doesn't want Austin booked for cons that he himself attends. It's stupid and at this point a very one sided rivalry but is is what is.

I remember JDF saying he didn't like Joseph Khan's gritty Power Rangers short film but I imagine he said that because he felt Saban would be against those types of things and Saban approved projects were his main source of income. In truth he'd do anything if it paid him enough and had Tommy as the most important role.
It does seem like there were two friend clichés in the early days with Jason, David, and Amy Jo and Austin, Walter, and Thuy and they still associate that way for the most part. If David Yost were to direct or write it I am sure she would say 'yes'. You know I never understood, Amy Jo was the one who had a few jobs lined up once she left and could have continued on Felicity or pursued other projects, but she chose to be in obscure projects and limited productions. She could have been a bigger actress and got away from being just the Pink Ranger in people's minds which she claimed bothered her to be remembered for.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:10 PM   #4498
Galactus
Mad Scientist

For a long time people thought that she believed herself as being above Power Rangers and I definitely think there is an element of that but Amy has copped that she doesn't have the mentality for being a well known actress. From what she has said a lot of her early experiences with crazy stalker fans seemed to scare her from that lifestyle.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:27 AM   #4499
Storm Eagle
Saved by

MMPR season 2 through Super Ninja Steel are now gone from Netflix. There's always the DVDs, although the two holiday episodes from Dino Super Charge were omitted from the DVD set for some reason. There has yet to be a home video release for Beast Morphers, but I'm wondering if that's ever happening anymore. Most of Lionsgate's releases have also become scarce, yet most of Shout! Factory's releases are still available.

Now for some Dino Fury news. The official Power Rangers site now has an entry for Dino Fury.

-The full names of the rangers are Ollie Akana, Amelia Jones, and Javier and Izzy Garcia, who are step-siblings. Zayto is from a planet called Rafkon.
-The zords are the T-Rex Champion Zord, Tricera Blade Zord, Tiger Claw Zord, Stego Spike Zord, and Ankylo Hammer Zord.
-The photos aren't up as of the time I'm posting this, but they were. A few of them show that a supporting character from a previous incarnation will be involved in this too, and it's a character who was played by Kelson Henderson.

https://powerrangers.hasbro.com/en-u...gers-dino-fury
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:49 AM   #4500
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Also confirmed is that, while there will be further returning characters this season, it will largely be those who are native to New Zealand, no U.S based actors have been flown in at any point to guest star due to the ongoing pandemic.

https://twitter.com/BaraPinkRanger/s...44502189637633

Tags
by the power of sjw, cuck rangers, go go cuck rangers, power cucks, power rangers, subpar megafarce