The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #341
Anima Gemini
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
There's really not much I can say about the future without giving too much away, but we will spend a good deal of time in the not-too-distant future with both the Utroms and various other residents of Dimension X.

Fun stuff coming up will be fun.
Nice! Fun stuff is fun indeed! Sounds fun!

I'm hearing reports of Kevin revealing a new upcoming micro (or mini?) at an event earlier today. Can you tell us anything about that yet, or is it too early to fully let the cat out of the bag?

Last edited by Anima Gemini; 02-14-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Anima Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #342
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Honestly don't know what you're referring to!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #343
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
There's really not much I can say about the future without giving too much away, but we will spend a good deal of time in the not-too-distant future with both the Utroms and various other residents of Dimension X.

Fun stuff coming up will be fun.
Please be "Turtles in Space", please be "Turtles in Space", please be "Turtles in Space"...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:26 AM   #344
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Please be "Turtles in Space", please be "Turtles in Space", please be "Turtles in Space"...
The most immediate thing coming up is Return to the Technodrome next month, which is the Utrom revival (*prepares for Sir David Attenborugh to narrate my fangirling*), so I'm assuming that's what he was referring to.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #345
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
The most immediate thing coming up is Return to the Technodrome next month, which is the Utrom revival (*prepares for Sir David Attenborugh to narrate my fangirling*), so I'm assuming that's what he was referring to.
I took it to mean an arc or micro beyond Return to the Technodrome, which appears to take place primarily or only on Earth and isn't much of a tease given we've already known about it for months. No, I think it's something else.

Maybe the Leatherhead/Utrom stuff coming up leads directly into this other arc.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 AM   #346
mrmaczaps
Banned

Would you ever consider doing an in shop appearance at Shellback Artworks in Maine? (Of course if Steve is willing...) I don't get out much farther than there and it'd be really cool to meet some of the IDW crew. Maybe get some signatures on one of the blank #51s.

I know, I'm dreamin. Lol

Last edited by mrmaczaps; 02-15-2016 at 06:25 PM.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #347
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No plans to, no!
Old 02-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #348
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Hey Jay,
So, I don't know if we'll ever see the material that was intended originally.

I have no clue about the Raph book, or if it is even confirmed to happen.

Not much help, I know! Sorry!
Thanks for you quick reply anyways!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:20 AM   #349
neatoman
Emperor

So Bobby, I hope this isn't a stupid question but why was it decided to have Bebop and Rocksteady mutate from humans when every other mutant started out as animals?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:18 AM   #350
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Honestly don't know what you're referring to!
Eastman was at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con, he showed inks for a Bebop and Rocksteady #1. Perhaps part of that weekly series in June?

Spoiler:
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:39 AM   #351
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Eastman was at the Amazing Arizona Comic Con, he showed inks for a Bebop and Rocksteady #1. Perhaps part of that weekly series in June?

If Ben bates does that I'll be a happy camper!!
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:06 PM   #352
CyberCubed
Overlord

When it came to the Batman crossover, was the story created entirely by the DC writer? Did IDW have any input at all?

If not, how have you and Tom been enjoying the Batman crossover so far? I think its shaping up really good so far and I'm glad it isn't just a crossover for the sake of sales, but it actually has a good story and good art. I'm really impressed by how well the characterisation of the Turtles/Splinter are in particular, nobody is out of character and their interactions with Batman are spot-on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #353
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

It's been completely James' story, with very minor input from us on the IDW side.

I think it's turned out well. I'm never a big fan of crossovers in general, but the book has been of a high quality and it's been an enjoyable read. I think everyone is in for a treat in the coming issues.
Old 02-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #354
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby, so what's with all the reprints of the current ongoing TMNT series?

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...=ninja+turtles

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...3WEKXEPQK5WRZ4

I mean, that cover art is GORGEOUS... but why is IDW bothering to keep putting out the same material with different covers and in different collections? I think a lot of us buyers would much rather have (sorry, dead horse) more of the old "classic" TMNT collected like Tales Volume 2, Mirage Volume 4, and Image Volume 3.
Quote:
To capitalize on potential interest generated by the movie. You'll notice the focus on Krang, Casey, Bebop & Rocksteady in Allies and Enemies-- all new characters in the next movie.

We re-released Change is Constant at the same time as the last movie, so we've moved ahead with the next set of IDW stories.

I personally would be curious as to how much revenue is generated by things like this. I'd love to see the stuff you mentioned see the light of day quicker as well.
Bobby, so what content / issues are being reprinted in these two TPBs (Enemies Old, Enemies New and Allies & Enemies)? Are these continuations of the Ongoing TPB volumes or are they each just separate TPB titles (on-offs)?

Also, what is up with the TMNT Amazing Adventures Carmelo Anthony special? Where in the world did that come from and...why?

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:35 PM   #355
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

"Enemies Old..." is a straight reprint of TPB Vol. 2 of the same name I think.

"Allies and Enemies" I think is the micros for Casey, April, Krang, Bebop & Rocksteady, but i'm not certain.

The Carmello Anthony Special is part of a larger initiative between him and Nickelodeon. For us, basically just a chance to do an old school sports team up type thing like Space Jam or Charles Barkley vs Godzilla.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #356
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
"Enemies Old..." is a straight reprint of TPB Vol. 2 of the same name I think.

"Allies and Enemies" I think is the micros for Casey, April, Krang, Bebop & Rocksteady, but i'm not certain.

The Carmello Anthony Special is part of a larger initiative between him and Nickelodeon. For us, basically just a chance to do an old school sports team up type thing like Space Jam or Charles Barkley vs Godzilla.
Cool Bobby, thanks. That Carmelo book summary reads like it's a throw-back to Scooby-Doo Mysteries.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:21 PM   #357
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Bobby, first off I just want to say that I love this run. I so look forward to each new issue. I've recommended it to many individuals.

I have a question: will be get any additional micro-series for any heroes or villains? I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I was just curious.

Also, would IDW be in favor of doing additional crossovers in the future? I love the fact that these mash-ups with batman and ghost busters occur. Surely fun to experience.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:15 AM   #358
tomtmnt
Random Punk

I saw today in my local comic book shop a Fred Eastman 2nd Annual hardcover for £18.99.

I can't find much detail on what is in it. The IDW website doesn't go into much detail. Is it worth getting? Has anyone bought it yet?
tomtmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #359
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
Bobby, first off I just want to say that I love this run. I so look forward to each new issue. I've recommended it to many individuals.

I have a question: will be get any additional micro-series for any heroes or villains? I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I was just curious.

Also, would IDW be in favor of doing additional crossovers in the future? I love the fact that these mash-ups with batman and ghost busters occur. Surely fun to experience.
No new micro-series planned at this time. I'm sure we'll do more crossovers in the future as the ones we have done have been successful. Nothing beyond idea stage at this point.

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #360
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtmnt View Post
I saw today in my local comic book shop a Fred Eastman 2nd Annual hardcover for £18.99.

I can't find much detail on what is in it. The IDW website doesn't go into much detail. Is it worth getting? Has anyone bought it yet?
As official company stooge, my response is: "Yes! Buy four!"

I leave it to others to give more discerning opinions.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz