The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-27-2021, 02:23 PM   #201
Allio
Foot Elite

Definitely looks like a sequel. Assuming Ryan is writing, hopefully it will be better than the current run of Power Rangers comics.
Old 07-27-2021, 02:38 PM   #202
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Definitely looks like a sequel. Assuming Ryan is writing, hopefully it will be better than the current run of Power Rangers comics.
I understand its gone fan-fiction like IDW's TMNT ongoing just a different kind. Not social/political issues been pushed but this is 'what happened to the Original Six instead of what was seen on television'.

There were seeds planted for a sequel. It appeared like Rita and Shredder were going to pay Krang, Shredder's utrom ally a visit. Rat King was also name dropped so it would be cool to see him on panel for a cameo. Maybe even have Zedd involved to some capacity. I do worry that the urge of cramming so many characters will effect the story quality. I mean, I feel it just may thinking about the potential so I am sure Ryan felt it plotting it out. Batman & Robin and the third and fifth Spider-Man films need to be a warning of such things.
Old 07-27-2021, 08:08 PM   #203
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The Power Rangers comic has always felt like fanfiction from the synopsis', it's just MMPR fanwank over and over again. They have some good ideas, and they understand the history of Power Rangers since they use concepts from other seasons and expand on them only to ruin it by focusing again on MMPR again.

Then again a power rangers / tmnt team up seems like fanfiction even if it was already done in mainline Power Rangers canon before. The two universes don't make sense to be together and the power rangers are way more powerful than the turtles.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:29 AM   #204
Allio
Foot Elite

Since every day they have been announcing the Turtle Rangers this week and tomorrow is Hasbro’s “Fan first Friday” I have no doubt tomorrow they’ll announce the sequel to TMNT/MMPR

Edit: and of course it didn’t happen. Unsurprisingly.

Last edited by Allio; 08-06-2021 at 01:27 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:28 PM   #205
AwakeTea
Random Punk

I read the trade paperback, and the best word to use for this mini-series is “fun”.

They definitely got a lot of mileage out of all the transformations, with Green Ranger Shredder being particularly awesome. It maybe trended toward fanfiction, but for a five issue distraction I enjoyed it.

My favorite panel was simply the introduction of Green Ranger Shredder. It was a striking moment that set the tone for the rest of the series.

Also the 32 variant covers of the different turtles holding the different helmets is absurd. Does anyone own 1 or more? Which do you think is best?

Gotta say this partnership really didn't leave much on the table. It’s going to be hard for the sequel to top it.
AwakeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:10 AM   #206
Allio
Foot Elite

Yeah, those turtle variants are the reason I’m sick of the “holding ranger variants” covers boom does. Luckily they seemed to have stopped or at least slowed down.