The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Leonardo

Leonardo is always a Don Quixote character. Hard to change that.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #22
miru
Mad Scientist

I would have had Mutagen Man be entirely responsible for the Mutant Apocalypse arc, rather than the Foot. He would also come back as Titanus and serve as the final villain. I'd rename the Neutrinos, to avoid confusion.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:31 PM   #23
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

I'd have Donatello "pull the plug" on Timothy... Mirage style.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #24
JH24
Hench Mutant

Casey: Being less full of himself and actually receiving training by the turtles or Splinter in martial arts, without losing his own fighting style.

April: No special powers. I didn't dislike it but it didn't do much for me either.

Bishop: No Utrom. Instead being a human elite agent for the government who chases after the turtles. Not necessarily evil, but genuinely believes their presence among humans is a potential threat.

I would have liked an arc with the turtles directly being confronted by the prejudice of humans, and to see more of their desires or dreams to be part of human society.

Last edited by JH24; 04-21-2019 at 08:14 AM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:04 PM   #25
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I would have had Mutagen Man be entirely responsible for the Mutant Apocalypse arc, rather than the Foot. He would also come back as Titanus and serve as the final villain. I'd rename the Neutrinos, to avoid confusion.
I see Don Vizioso becoming Titanus. After all, Vizioso is a human who sees mutants as scum because they are mutants. It doesn't matter to him if any of them had been human previously, they are mutants now and that's all he needs to know.

Titanus is a mutant criminal from the future who sees humans as scum and wants to turn the city into mutants as grunts for his criminal empire.

It would be sort of fitting for Vizioso to wind up mutated, but instead of being angry that he's a mutant now he embraces his new form as he realizes how powerful he is. And that maybe it wasn't the muties who were the problem it was the humans who were the real trash in the city. He would be vengeful towards the turtles as well, and he would want to kill them as a display of what happens if you cross him.

I also think they should have returned to Grody discovering the turtles.

In the episode where she first captures footage of the turtles, she proclaims Muckman as a hero because there is already a bunch of people saying that was what he was. And unless she had reason to report otherwise that was the direction she had to go.

With the Turtles, on the other hand, they were a blank slate and she could make up whatever crap she wanted because ratings.

When Muckman throws her off their trail by telling her they were just a group of kids playing dress up. But this is just a bandaid to smooth over things.

Grody would just need to catch the turtles while they are fighting a mutant threat to the city. Such as the Super Shredder or Kavaxus for instance, and then notice them being able to do things that should be impossible if they were human.

Grody could then reveal what sort of threat they are to the city calling the battles "Mutant Gang Wars" and also use this as leverage to report that Muckman wasn't the hero everyone thinks he is.

So then the Turtles have to deal with the fact they are not only orphans, but they are now seen as public enemy #1
Old 04-21-2019, 07:25 PM   #26
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

@JH24

I wouldn't have given April any powers either. I think I would have just left her as the normal 'everyone' character, who through her is the proxy which we discover and learn about the Turtles. Giving her powers just makes me feel like they didn't know how to make a normal female character interesting.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote