The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Was making them Teenagers a good idea?
Yes 19 54.29%
No 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #61
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Captain Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Zack is pretty much there to be a stereotypical stand-in for any kid who wished they could hang out with the Turtles...or any superhero for that matte.
Captain Planet had a similair episode, The Littlest Planeteer with a young boy following the teenagers on their adventures.
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:28 PM   #62
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But also a lot of other modern depictions of Robin were always popular. The Batman: TAS Robin who debuted in 1992 was always well liked. I remember even as a kid liking him instantly and wishing he showed up more since he doesn't even appear in most of the episodes.

Robin in the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon was also always very popular. I also like Robin in Young Justice.

I think modern cartoons (and by that I mean from the 90's onward, Superfriends Robin was still mostly bad/lame/whatever), learned how to make Robin cool from the start. That's why you can have a 13 year old or whatever Dick Grayson in recent cartoons and people still find him cool.
Because Robin in TAS and the Robin in Teen Titans(2003) always did have a edge to him. I think nothing points that out than the 2 parter in BTAS Robin's reckoning.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #63
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

Honestly have no problem with April and Casey being teenagers. I mean it changes absolutely nothing. Adult/ Kid. They are still useless by the end game no matter what. But they have being human and "almost adult" going for them which is really all they both need. That's enough for them to be useful allies in the early game.

The only problem I see with them being teenagers is they have parents. And you have to be a bit clever with how you deal with parents. I don't like it when they are ignored completely.

So really in my opinion the age of April and Casey will depend on things like "themes" and how either being an adult or a teenager would help tell that theme or story better.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 07-14-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #64
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Honestly have no problem with April and Casey being teenagers. I mean it changes absolutely nothing. Adult/ Kid. They are still useless by the end game no matter what. But they have being human and "almost adult" going for them which is really all they both need. That's enough for them to be useful allies in the early game.

The only problem I see with them being teenagers is they have parents. And you have to be a bit clever with how you deal with parents. I don't like it when they are ignored completely.

So really in my opinion the age of April and Casey will depend on things like "themes" and how either being an adult or a teenager would help tell that theme or story better.
April was far from useless. She had superpowers. She was able to bring death, and than bring life. She was a God in power level when the show called for it. If she can make people vanish using her mind, and than reconstruct them later, means yes, she could defeat all 4 Turtles, Splinter, and Super Shredder had she just used her powers.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:56 PM   #65
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

True she had all of those cool powers but forcefully limited in her ability to use them because she wasn't a main character. So in a way she was made to be useless so the Turtles could have something to do.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote