The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 09:06 AM   #41
snake
Disgusting

God, these look so ass. Why anyone pays more than $4 for these ReAction figures baffles me. Half of the time they don’t even look like Kenner products and go for a poor imitation.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #42
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:16 AM   #43
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
I like the ReAction line but I gotta admit, these aren't working for me. I think they're TOO close to the originals so they just look like cheap bootlegs. The MOTU line works because the figures are nothing like their 80s counterparts. These seem much closer somehow.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #44
Browne762
Foot Soldier

If they don't sell and they go down to $50 on their website I would get a set. Mostly just for the pizza box display.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:16 AM   #45
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I guess I'm in the minority, but I really like this set. It's one of those kinds of collectibles I would never open up and just display as-is. However, like many of you have already said, that price-tag is just way too high.

I'll only consider this set if it gets cheaper, as the most I'm willing to spend is $40 - $50 MAX. However, I would even consider just getting Leo on his individual pizza slice if that becomes an option. For that, I would only be willing to spend maybe $25 max if it were just the one figure.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #46
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

same here if the price were to come down to 40 or so I would get a set
love the box art
Old 07-18-2019, 10:21 AM   #47
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
The 1988 series 1 Raphael had a sai holder belt. I prefer that one over this Super7 ReAction Raphael.

I don’t really like these. The head sculpt for Leo reminds me more of the series 1 Leo head sculpt from the 2003 line and Donatello almost resembles the original Bubble Bath bottle version of Don. The others are “meh” to me.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #48
inaheap
Mad Scientist

I hope if these sell poorly it doesn't end all turtles for us. I like these, but agree with others who have said if these hit more around $10-$15 a figure I might be in.

Is it just me, or do they seem slightly bigger than most ReAction figures?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:54 PM   #49
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I hope if these sell poorly it doesn't end all turtles for us. I like these, but agree with others who have said if these hit more around $10-$15 a figure I might be in.

Is it just me, or do they seem slightly bigger than most ReAction figures?
It’s hard to tell from the pictures we have seen. I’m pretty sure they’re in scale with most of the ReAction figures. Only time will tell.

The TMNT ReAction figure colors remind me too much of the colors of the turtles on the 1990 Playmates Toys catalog. Does anyone else dislike the colors for these?

Last edited by mikey0; 07-18-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #50
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I like the colors just the faces seem off to me, even for the action figures of the 88 line. and the body seems off to me
Old 07-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #51
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
I like the colors just the faces seem off to me, even for the action figures of the 88 line. and the body seems off to me
The ReAction turtles have bubble shaped heads and the bodies are more like that of the Toon Turtles from the ‘88 line.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #52
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Their lower plastrons merging with their thighs are bugging the hell outta me for some reason...

So if they sit or lift their leg(s) they’ll split and look weird
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #53
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
God, these look so ass. Why anyone pays more than $4 for these ReAction figures baffles me. Half of the time they don’t even look like Kenner products and go for a poor imitation.
This was my thoughts on ReAction figures for the longest time, my theory was that old people who had those toys were just nostalgic for that type of ****** figures.

But I bought one since they made one for my favorite episodes of the twilight zone and got it. I was surprised by how awesome it was in its ******ness. I'm not going to buy the turtles but I might get some obscure characters that'll never have other type of figures. Also I now get the appeal more than I do for stuff like funko pops for example.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #54
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Their lower plastrons merging with their thighs are bugging the hell outta me for some reason...

So if they sit or lift their leg(s) they’ll split and look weird
It doesn’t look right. I took notice of that, also.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:23 AM   #55
Nelson
Stone Warrior

The Reaction line is one that is hard to "get" until you actually hold one the figures in your hands. It happened to me very recently with the Street Fighter figures, of which now I which they had made more.

I'm in* for a TMNT reaction line (just not at the price of the SDCC exclusive set!)

* = depending on my financial situation, of course

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #56
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Carded versions of these will be coming in the fall, and they've got many more figures planned*. I'm curious to see who else is made and how they translate to this style. Casey, Shredder, and Foot should look pretty good but I'm not sure how well mutants will work. Either way I'll keep an eye on the line and see what happens.

*(from the Pixel Dan interview at the Super7 booth).
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #57
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Because to each of their own. Its a certain typr of novelties people are attracted to. Just like Funko pop and how much people are willing to pay
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:03 PM   #58
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Carded versions of these will be coming in the fall, and they've got many more figures planned*. I'm curious to see who else is made and how they translate to this style. Casey, Shredder, and Foot should look pretty good but I'm not sure how well mutants will work. Either way I'll keep an eye on the line and see what happens.

*(from the Pixel Dan interview at the Super7 booth).
Ah. I bought the exclusive thinking the retail will be slightly repainted or different.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #59
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Ah. I bought the exclusive thinking the retail will be slightly repainted or different.
Same figures and different packaging for the retail figures. I haven’t heard of Super7 doing any FW cartoon reprints or new molds. It seems safe to say that original Playmates line will be covered exclusively for the 7 inch Deluxe and 3 3/4 ReAction lines.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #60
statik
Foot Soldier

This is up if anyone cares. I just want the box but unfortunately not an option so easy pass.

https://super7.com/collections/sdcc-...pack-sdcc-2019
statik is offline   Reply With Quote