The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 12:38 AM   #7541
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Superman 1978, on the big screen.

My local cinema hosted a special screening of the film yesterday night, which I managed to catch because I absolutely love the film with every fiber of my being.

I've seen the film many times before, but viewing it on the big screen (and remastered in 4K) for the first time, was truly an experience of its own.

The sheer scale of the story, the visuals (such as seeing the planet Krypton, and the Fortress of Solitude), the music, and most importantly, the performances and the heart that were put into the film is a spectacle that is worth checking out.

I had work the next morning at 6 am, so finishing the movie so late was exhausting, but I don't regret it one bit.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 06-15-2019 at 12:44 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:11 AM   #7542
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

I drove a long way to see it in Huntington Beach , CA.......almost cried at the intro , so powerful

007 FRWL 6/6 , masterpiece
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #7543
Icebot
Foot Elite

Forrest Gump
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:40 AM   #7544
newfan
Mad Scientist

A few:

The Nun, finally. It was okay, there was a part I felt was far fetched even for a movie of that type.

Venom
, not familiar with this character at all but thought I would catch the movie as it had come up, I think it wasn't well received but having no prior knowledge I don't know what it was about the portrayal that was off.

Same for these too. After buying and Bumblebee I re-watched the transformers movies. Again taking them as they are because I didn't really watch the old toon, nor have I seen anything else of them. I didn't feel the TF movies all needed to be over 2 hours. I like a proportion of them with a few issues. (might find a fan to get opinion there or read up on what was different or badly portrayed to some)

X-Men, first class, hadn't seen it from the start before, liked seeing the origin stories there.

I am mother. Came up on Netflix, interesting enough to watch if you are just casually grabbing a movie.

Last edited by newfan; 06-25-2019 at 02:49 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 06:34 PM   #7545
AquaParade
Big Boss

Midsommar. Just came out a couple hours ago. I was never really scared, yet I was fascinated and disturbed. My initial viewing was quite askew, because the type of fear I felt in “Hereditary” and expected here, never quite came. It threw me off and I need to see it again.

This movie does something incredibly interesting with its comedy bits, on a meta level. It’s actually incredible...unless I’m reading way into it. Might need to see if anyone else has a similar feeling.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:04 AM   #7546
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Kung Fu Mama 4/6 , this grannie is no push over , heh
Old 07-21-2019, 06:09 AM   #7547
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Loved it
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:13 AM   #7548
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Lion King (2019)

Old 08-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #7549
Whatswiththeheadbands?
Weed of Crime

Tried to watch Manos: the Hands of Fate. I just couldn't do it

Yet, it's not the worst film ever made...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:35 AM   #7550
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Get on up , a James Brown bio movie , its okay , 4.5/6

Interpetor , snooze fest with Kidman and Penn......missed last few mins but honestly i wouldve skipped it if i knew it was this dull , 3/6
Old 08-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #7551
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

St. Agatha via Netflix. Not bad for a small, creepy movie.

8/19 -- There aren't too many I actually regret, but I regret Jupiter Ascending. Good lord.

Spoiler:
Still had a half hour left when I checked the time hoping it was soon ending. Actually kind of insulting to make a woman the primary character and then make her that useless and pointless. "Ascending"?? She didn't even develop or achieve a damn thing. She makes Megan Fox's April almost seem competent and of some importance, and that's saying something.

Thought there was hope when I saw the captain of the one ship was a woman. And...then like all the other women her limited time in the film was spent standing around saying a few lines. Doesn't help that they tried to make contrasts in scenes of women standing around quietly talking in ballgowns then jump to the action side of the film that was trying WAY too damn hard to be macho.

I should have just saved myself the boredom and annoyance and turned it off at the point early in the film that Jupiter and her cousin (probably mostly her cousin) out of nowhere have the idea that she should donate her eggs for "easy" money (as if donation is even easy?) and for about three seconds she asks HIM why HE'S going to get $10,000 of it and she's only getting $5,000. He laughs it off like hey that's capitalism or some such thing, walks away, and she's never bothered by this again. Just seems to wave it off and dream about spending it on a telescope. WTF. But why does she ALLOW it to begin with? What involvement could he EVEN possibly have in the process of egg donation that makes it reasonable for him to get ANY money at all, let alone ten grand??

Ugh, this movie.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-19-2019 at 09:20 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies