The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #8481
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Today's just been a big emotional rut day, but a big part of it for sure is just feeling like nothing's moving forward in my life when I desperately need it to.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #8482
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Dole fruit cups. Damn those things.

When are these things going to be given a straw like Capri Sun so you don't have to spill it on your hands and/or lap just trying to get the darn thing open?

Always try to open it just slightly and sip some of the juice out first, but even that doesn't always work. Such as today.

Side note... the new "Bubble Fruit" cups are interesting.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #8483
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My debit card vanished and I have no idea where it went. Couldn't have been stolen, since I haven't gone anywhere recently where that could be a possibility
Old 07-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #8484
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
The fey took it..... Thieving little imps.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:09 AM   #8485
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

We spent 4 hours and $600 at a vet with a cat that we thought injured himself badly...

Turns out he has an ACL strain. So he's on pain meds and limited jumping activity. Other than that, he's perfectly fine.

It only took 4 hours because there were REAL emergencies going down.
Old 07-29-2019, 04:27 AM   #8486
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
The fey took it..... Thieving little imps.
You're not supposed to speak ill of the Good People. . .
Old 08-01-2019, 01:43 PM   #8487
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Took a dry run to go find a store I will cover next week while my supervisor and the woman who normally does that store are both away.

So first there was the person who turned out of a nearby neighborhood, coming from the opposite direction, who apparently decided to immediately stop paying attention and was half in my lane. (Let me guess... phone? ) Luckily they looked up and realized before I had to try to swerve out of the way.

THEN. When we came up on the store I was going to, sooner than expected and wasn't easy to see beyond some trees, I suddenly realized I needed to hop over into the short right hand turn lane. Was half moving over when I had to break quick after seeing some car in my side mirror coming up really fast and went flying by like a bat out of hell IN that turn lane BUT then flew through the intersection. WTF. So glad I caught sight of that car in my mirror and the a**hole didn't hit me.

I don't even recall if the light had turned red, though I assume it probably had and his intention was to run it via that turn lane. People like that really kind of deserve to go flip their car one of these days... Wonder if it's possible to suggest an intersection that needs a camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Grind... Neighbor I've known forever, since she and her son moved in back when he and I were both pretty little, ended up in the hospital and it doesn't look too good.
Was put on hospice only a couple days ago, but passed away today. She really did not waste any time on that quick decline, but I guess at least she won't lay there suffering for months or anything.

Seems she'd done that darn reverse mortgage, so hoping her son can manage to somehow keep the house.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-01-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #8488
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Little ****ing ants. This summer my room as been plagued with those assholes. They are always crawling on my bed. I don't eat in my room we got traps all around but thy still come.

I often wondered if its cause i got two figures of Ant-man on display I kid.

I can't wait till summer is over so they piss off and leave.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:37 PM   #8489
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ohhh I can understand that.

Fortunately it has only been a couple instances, but likewise the bed issue. Both times it was late and I wanted to go to bed only to find ants parading across the foot of my bed, having found something appealing in a small wastebasket on the opposite side, and leaving me to fight with them for a while to try to get them to go away and get the hint that the party is over so I can actually go to bed.

And what do you do? It's not like Raid or whatever is a valid answer when it's where you sleep.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:11 PM   #8490
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Ohhh I can understand that.

Fortunately it has only been a couple instances, but likewise the bed issue. Both times it was late and I wanted to go to bed only to find ants parading across the foot of my bed, having found something appealing in a small wastebasket on the opposite side, and leaving me to fight with them for a while to try to get them to go away and get the hint that the party is over so I can actually go to bed.

And what do you do? It's not like Raid or whatever is a valid answer when it's where you sleep.
I have raid traps under my bed under the bed structure but I don't think they are going for it.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #8491
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, we tried those Raid traps now and then over the years in the kitchen, right where they were coming in, and the vast majority of ants always ignored them.

Have you tried diatomaceous earth? I use the Safer Brand on some outdoor plants, but this one is also indoor safe to use for ants and other insect pests. Isn't an immediate killer, but dusted around where they will come into contact with it might help. (Supposedly the stuff is harmless to people and pets if ingested, but avoid inhaling any when using it or cleaning up.)
Old 08-04-2019, 02:37 PM   #8492
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Yeah, we tried those Raid traps now and then over the years in the kitchen, right where they were coming in, and the vast majority of ants always ignored them.

Have you tried diatomaceous earth? I use the Safer Brand on some outdoor plants, but this one is also indoor safe to use for ants and other insect pests. Isn't an immediate killer, but dusted around where they will come into contact with it might help. (Supposedly the stuff is harmless to people and pets if ingested, but avoid inhaling any when using it or cleaning up.)

Yes! It desicates bugs of any kind, essentially sucking all the moisture from their bodies and dehydrating them to husks. Used that stuff to put an end to a persistant bed bug issue, since the little f**kers can't develop an immunity to it. And yes, it is relatively harmless to people and pets, though there are different grades- food and outdoor. Food grade can be inested just fine, while outdoor isn't recommended, but isn't really harmful if it is- just tends to dry out skin and soft membranes (ie, nose, mouth).

Old 08-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #8493
Vegita-San
Emperor

Against my better judgment, I bought the PD Turtle movies on 3D, if only because 3d Movies are dying at the moment.

So, now that all the drama has past, first 17 minutes has some really bad acting, and it's not the turtles.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #8494
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

On the plus side...owning it makes it possible to skip that first 20 min? And all the other stuff sans Turtles that gets boring after you've seen it a couple of times.

Which is sad because the PD films are the first and only TMNT thing I've ever hit fast forward on. It's the Turtles, that shouldn't even be a thing! (Less so for 2016, but the non-Turtle parts are getting old on that too.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yes! It desicates bugs of any kind, essentially sucking all the moisture from their bodies and dehydrating them to husks. Used that stuff to put an end to a persistant bed bug issue, since the little f**kers can't develop an immunity to it. And yes, it is relatively harmless to people and pets, though there are different grades- food and outdoor. Food grade can be inested just fine, while outdoor isn't recommended, but isn't really harmful if it is- just tends to dry out skin and soft membranes (ie, nose, mouth).
Good to know it genuinely is that helpful indoors, on the off chance I ever really need to use it inside. If only I'd known about it when we were having flea issues!
Old 08-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #8495
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Well, a bit early (a full week!) buuuut- yes, it's that time again, which has me a bit concerned, in a confused sort of way. Like, is the time going to keep getting shorter between these hell-weeks, or are they going to just come and go at random, like three weeks one time, five or six the next, etc. This is annoying, to say the least. Why can't it just shut off and be done with it??!!

Old 08-06-2019, 01:03 AM   #8496
Icebot
Foot Elite

A miscommunication about how a fax machine works is my gear grinder. I was more than a month late handing in paperwork because I was told by my supervisor the fax went through but I found out a month later there was an error with the fax. Because of this, I lose $25 in my paycheck every week, I already lost $125 and that number could go up. I feel betrayed.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #8497
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

A new gear grind- so, I found out yesterday that our (super clingy, annoying) upstairs neighbor has tried to commit identity theft on us. Specifically on me. She tried to have me put down as a cosigner on her Direct TV account without my permission or knowledge, and then when told she needed my permission, she simply tried to have it put under my name. I only found out about it because I got a letter over the weekend from AT&T thanking me for requesting their services, which I hadn't. If they hadn't done a credit check and denied the request, I would not have known until I started getting a bill! When my hubby called yesterday to find out what was going on, he discovered what she had done, and was told to have me call D TVs customer service line and have them put me through to their identity theft department if I want to press charges on her. So, now I get to deal with that. I wanna strangle that c**t.

Old 08-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #8498
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

WOW. Is right from wrong really that hard to judge for some people??

At least...it's the perfect reason to tell a bothersome neighbor to eff off forever? Definitely deserves that identity theft charge. Goodness knows she could one day try to do that to a senior who doesn't realize what happened, or can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
A miscommunication about how a fax machine works is my gear grinder. I was more than a month late handing in paperwork because I was told by my supervisor the fax went through but I found out a month later there was an error with the fax. Because of this, I lose $25 in my paycheck every week, I already lost $125 and that number could go up. I feel betrayed.
That stinks. Fax machines need to be updated so the one on the receiving end sends back a signal/message that it was able to successfully print; or say there was an error. I mean, how else is anyone to even know that it did?

Does this not come down on your supervisor at all too for having told you it went through?
Old 08-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #8499
Vegita-San
Emperor

The Summer biking season. ugh.

At least old time hoggers usually respect the road rules.'

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:49 PM   #8500
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

No so much a gear-grind, but.... Yesterday it seems our area almost had its own shooter situation. A neighboring town (somewhat ironically called "Paradise") had a man with a rifle spotted near the high school football field. It was reported and five seperate police forces were involved in a six-hour manhunt. The GOOD news is that he was found without anyone getting hurt- ALMOST. Apparently he had gone up into a crawlspace above the gym's ceiling, and ended up falling down into a space between the walls! He was trapped there when they found him. Arrested, charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (for being on school property with a gun). Obviously, this guy was an idiot....