The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2016, 03:40 PM   #5581
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,787
i haven't checked the thread for 'Civil War', but are people ripping all the plot holes from that movie to shreds as well?
__________________
myconius is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #5582
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i haven't checked the thread for 'Civil War', but are people ripping all the plot holes from that movie to shreds as well?
We have discussed them, yes.
Candy Kappa is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #5583
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 576
wasnt this movie supposed to appeal to kid and adult fans. i know it was marketed mostly to kids but didnt they say it was meant for fans of all ages
__________________
slingtheory is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 03:53 PM   #5584
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i haven't checked the thread for 'Civil War', but are people ripping all the plot holes from that movie to shreds as well?
Ah yes the "other movies might have had plot holes so it's okay that this one did" defense.

Problem with that is, Civil War is probably a way better movie.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 03:55 PM   #5585
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,064
Beautiful fan arts have started to crop out.




I look forward from the japanese ones especially.
__________________
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #5586
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 16,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Ah yes the "other movies might have had plot holes so it's okay that this one did" defense.

Problem with that is, Civil War is probably a way better movie.
No "probably" about it. And 95% of the fanboys griping about plot holes in Civil War actually have no idea what a plot hole is
Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #5587
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Beautiful fan arts from fans have started to crop out.

http://i.imgur.com/wakS8Av.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M6w9rJb.jpg

I look forward from the japanese ones especially.
That's been out for ages. I have it in my profile
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #5588
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No "probably" about it. And 95% of the fanboys griping about plot holes in Civil War actually have no idea what a plot hole is
Well no surprise there.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #5589
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist
 
thundermaster612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Ninjago City
Posts: 1,214
Did anyone else see that they took a lot from The Blue Door and edited it to make it better?
__________________
thundermaster612 is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:01 PM   #5590
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
That's been out for ages. I have it in my profile
That's cool.
__________________
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #5591
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i haven't checked the thread for 'Civil War', but are people ripping all the plot holes from that movie to shreds as well?
What plot holes were in Civil War? There were some minor plot contrivances related to timing but no plot holes.
NinjaPug is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #5592
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
Did anyone else see that they took a lot from The Blue Door and edited it to make it better?
What exactly was taken from Blue Door?
Xav is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:11 PM   #5593
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Ah yes the "other movies might have had plot holes so it's okay that this one did" defense.

Problem with that is, Civil War is probably a way better movie.
i didn't enjoy Civil War at all. the WHOLE plan rested on Iron Man actually showing up at the end (as if)

but that movie is fueled by the power of the Marvel fan-boys that'll defend any Marvel product to the death.

Same with Batman fans!!! try to say anything about the crappy new zillionth issue of Batman #1 and they'll come after you like hungry dogs.
__________________
myconius is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #5594
slingtheory
Stone Warrior
 
slingtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i didn't enjoy Civil War at all. the WHOLE plan rested on Iron Man actually showing up at the end (as if)

but that movie is fueled by the power of the Marvel fan-boys that'll defend any Marvel product to the death.

Same with Batman fans!!! try to say anything about the crappy new zillionth issue of Batman #1 and they'll come after you like hungry dogs.
That's your beef with Civil War? That zemos plan counted on Tony showing up. It's shown in the film that he planned for that and went out of his way to be found. It made plenty of sense. Way more than humans having latent animal dna or shredder suddenly having an alien ally he forgot to mention
__________________
slingtheory is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #5595
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,120
I went to see it today and I liked it just as much as any summer popcorn flick. The turtles were definitely the biggest highlight for me. The actors really did bring some layers to the parts. They really did act like a family during the conversations they had among themselves and Splinter. The villains were a lot of fun and the chemistry between Bebop and Rocksteady was completely believable. I'm going to go see it again with two of my friends next weekend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
As the reviews thread is closed (thank you all )
I'm really sorry that happens. Sometimes people can just be so immature.
ranger_scout is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:42 PM   #5596
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingtheory View Post
That's your beef with Civil War? That zemos plan counted on Tony showing up. It's shown in the film that he planned for that and went out of his way to be found. It made plenty of sense. Way more than humans having latent animal dna or shredder suddenly having an alien ally he forgot to mention
not to get off subject of picking apart Tmnt2, but i really thought all the pieces pulling the Avengers apart came together a little too conveniently.
Spiderman (though he was my favorite part of the movie) had no reason to be there.

and how did Zemos know that Iron man was going to show up at all?

my biggest gripe with the movie was Scarlet Witch sending the guy with the bomb off right next to a building full of people.
there was TONS of open space around them that she could have sent him to! but NO! right along the building.
even AS she was doing it i could tell what was going to happen. i say that coming a mile away. but they just did it to service their plot.

i'm not saying "this is better cuz that sux", NO! i'm only pointing out that movies like Civil War and anything Avenger related seems to get more credit than it deserves.
but if people want to enjoy it, i'm not against that.

but it just seems that anyone who enjoyed the new Tmnt2 has to be called a "plant" or 'idiot" or "animal, mineral... or..." whatever other insult these other supposed "fans" want to name throw.
__________________
myconius is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:49 PM   #5597
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,120
I also thought the Stephen Amell was a solid Casey Jones. He was much more likable that the Casey on the 2012 TV series. Brad Garrett's voice actually worked well for Krang because he made him sound menacing.
ranger_scout is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #5598
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,783
Just saw it..... and man was it great everything about it was awesome. The turtles were great I loved splinter. I was worried about Amell as Casey and I actually really liked him. I can see his character working its way to what we know and love. Little hints at what he becomes I thought it was great. Bebop and Rocksteady were awesome, even the "cringe worthy" aspects were in character for them and was definitely not as bad as some are saying.

Coming out of seeing this movie i can really tell that most of those who don't like this movie were ones who went into it hating it. Most not all but most. Because this one is so good.

Can some one in the spoiler tag list all the Easter eggs I caught some but I want to know if I missed any.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #5599
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 16,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
not to get off subject of picking apart Tmnt2, but i really thought all the pieces pulling the Avengers apart came together a little too conveniently.
Spiderman (though he was my favorite part of the movie) had no reason to be there.

and how did Zemos know that Iron man was going to show up at all?

my biggest gripe with the movie was Scarlet Witch sending the guy with the bomb off right next to a building full of people.
there was TONS of open space around them that she could have sent him to! but NO! right along the building.
even AS she was doing it i could tell what was going to happen. i say that coming a mile away. but they just did it to service their plot.

i'm not saying "this is better cuz that sux", NO! i'm only pointing out that movies like Civil War and anything Avenger related seems to get more credit than it deserves.
but if people want to enjoy it, i'm not against that.

but it just seems that anyone who enjoyed the new Tmnt2 has to be called a "plant" or 'idiot" or "animal, mineral... or..." whatever other insult these other supposed "fans" want to name throw.
Perhaps it's time for a sidebar study:

Andrew NDB is offline  
Old 06-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #5600
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Coming out of seeing this movie i can really tell that most of those who don't like this movie were ones who went into it hating it.


There's really no need for this, guy. I'm glad you liked it, but those who didn't have perfectly valid reasons for not enjoying the thing. Don't go projecting motives on people just because you don't understand their perspective; it's disrespectful as hell.
__________________
Bry is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.