The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #2861
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Take a closer look at the picture, though. EPF Soldiers lying on the ground.
You mean the guy with the American flag patch on his jacket shoulder? That does not an EPF soldier make. Plus, they're black ops. Would they even wear the flag on their gear like that? Could very well just be a random grunt with a fancy jacket patch.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #2862
Igglet
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
You mean the guy with the American flag patch on his jacket shoulder? That does not an EPF soldier make. Plus, they're black ops. Would they even wear the flag on their gear like that? Could very well just be a random grunt with a fancy jacket patch.
God damn it, my bad. Somehow my mind jumped to the weirdest conclusion. Thanks for the clarification anyway.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:35 PM   #2863
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
God damn it, my bad. Somehow my mind jumped to the weirdest conclusion. Thanks for the clarification anyway.
Oh, I'm not saying I'm right, necessarily. In fact, I'm often dead wrong. It just doesn't look like an EPF soldier to me, which doesn't mean it's not.

Gotta wait and see.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #2864
spookycookies
Hench Mutant

Hi Bobby thank you so much for putting in the map in #93 it helps a lot to lay out where everything has been happening for all these years in the book. I'm not super familiar with Manhattan, (I can count the times I've been to NYC on one hand.) so this was a really great key for me to follow along with.

I'm guessing 2nd Time Around, Rupert's Pizza and Skara Brae are all located somewhere in that Purple Dragon territory? I know this map is for City Fall and meant to show who controls what lands but do you think you might ever place down where you imagine NULL corp/Stockgen/TCRI etc were? I guess it's all trivial and the turtles get where they need to be as the story demands but if you guys have it figured out please share this geeky info as it does add to the huge living and breathing world that you and Tom everybody at IDW has created for the TMNT.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:24 AM   #2865
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Santolouco shared this image on his Twitter just now in celebration of 35 years of TMNT. Would you say it's just a random pic, or is it supposed to tease a future story? I know I'm probably digging too much into it, but having him back on the main ongoing would be great, his art is a gift to mankind.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D50xuydWsAcdDQi.jpg
It's the cover for a french edition. The french publisher of TMNT asked Santolouco to make a cover for an omnibus.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #2866
Igglet
Hench Mutant

Oh snap, thanks a lot man!
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:36 AM   #2867
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Santolouco shared this image on his Twitter just now in celebration of 35 years of TMNT. Would you say it's just a random pic, or is it supposed to tease a future story? I know I'm probably digging too much into it, but having him back on the main ongoing would be great, his art is a gift to mankind.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D50xuydWsAcdDQi.jpg
Can't say much about it, sorry!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #2868
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Hi Bobby thank you so much for putting in the map in #93 it helps a lot to lay out where everything has been happening for all these years in the book. I'm not super familiar with Manhattan, (I can count the times I've been to NYC on one hand.) so this was a really great key for me to follow along with.

I'm guessing 2nd Time Around, Rupert's Pizza and Skara Brae are all located somewhere in that Purple Dragon territory? I know this map is for City Fall and meant to show who controls what lands but do you think you might ever place down where you imagine NULL corp/Stockgen/TCRI etc were? I guess it's all trivial and the turtles get where they need to be as the story demands but if you guys have it figured out please share this geeky info as it does add to the huge living and breathing world that you and Tom everybody at IDW has created for the TMNT.
Might add some more locations as the arc goes on!
Old 05-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #2869
Mike Lowrey
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Can't say much about it, sorry!
I would love to see a TMNT 35th Anniversary print, or preferably a poster, from Santolouco at SDCC. Iím thinking something big, not your typical 11x17, on high quality paper with all the IDW characters. Make it happen!
Mike Lowrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #2870
Chet
Thug

Any particular reason the collected books are not uniform in size? For instance, the Infestations 2 hardcover is slightly smaller than the TMNT IDW Collection hardcovers. And the the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover is smaller than the Usagi Yojimbo Complete Collection softcover.

Personally I think any collection should print the content at least as big as the individual issues. So I've been pretty happy with the collections, except for the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover, because the artwork was reduced in size.
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:18 PM   #2871
Sharman
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
So I've been pretty happy with the collections, except for the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover, because the artwork was reduced in size.
I did not realise that. Thanks for the heads up.
I also remain puzzled as to why IDW insist on re-coloring everything, even the stuff that was previously colored.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #2872
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
Any particular reason the collected books are not uniform in size? For instance, the Infestations 2 hardcover is slightly smaller than the TMNT IDW Collection hardcovers. And the the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover is smaller than the Usagi Yojimbo Complete Collection softcover.

Personally I think any collection should print the content at least as big as the individual issues. So I've been pretty happy with the collections, except for the Tales of the TMNT Omnibus softcover, because the artwork was reduced in size.
I don't know, sorry!
Old 05-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #2873
daggio
Foot Soldier

Hi Bobby

I just recently decided to read the non-canon books of the IDW series and read the Deviations issue (better late than never ). I enjoyed the book, don't get me wrong, but the one thing in that book that caught my attention was that Kitsune is killed. Now I realize this book isn't canon to the main story, but I have to ask (and I'm sure this question has been asked but I'm a little late to the party here ). Is Kitsune physically capable of being killed but not spiritually? Adding on that, going back to #66 I think (the one where Raph and Angel go get Alopex from Alaska), the three are wondering at the end what happened to Kitsune after Alopex seemingly decapitated her in the Astral Plane and I was thinking "but shes immortal, how can they wonder that?"
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #2874
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Good question-- and the answer is we don't really know for sure, with the information given. I will say that Deviations was a big old bit of foreshadowing. We've since gone on to show that the Pantheon can be hurt on the astral plan (City of Rats arc).

This isn't a canon answer, we'll reserve that for on the printed page. But I read 'immortal' for the pantheon much like in the vampire sense: they won't die of natural causes, but there are things that can hurt and kill them.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #2875
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Good question-- and the answer is we don't really know for sure, with the information given. I will say that Deviations was a big old bit of foreshadowing. We've since gone on to show that the Pantheon can be hurt on the astral plan (City of Rats arc).

This isn't a canon answer, we'll reserve that for on the printed page. But I read 'immortal' for the pantheon much like in the vampire sense: they won't die of natural causes, but there are things that can hurt and kill them.
Thank you for that. Even though you said that it's not a canon answer, it does seem to make sense. Between the Dragon not being in the earthly realm (instead in the afterlife with Saki and Yoshi) and Manmoth surrendering when the Turtles had him in a predicament where he might be seriously hurt, it makes a lot of sense....for me anyway.

Speaking of the Pantheon, (and I understand that you may not be able to answer this) is the Pantheon matriarch going to be introduced? We've heard about their father, but I'm assuming a mothers gotta be out there somewhere, whether in the mortal realm or the afterlife.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #2876
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Another interesting question! All i'll say is that the Pantheon family is going to be explored more in Shredder in Hell, so if that's an aspect of the series you're interested in, definitely check that out if you haven't already. #3 out today!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #2877
phillytmnt
Thug

Hey Bobby,

I just read Shredder in Hell # 3, which was great! I had a couple of questions I was curious about.

- Does having the spirit trapped in their soul give Saki/ Tatsuo any advanage as a warrior? They both seemed above normal human levels in terms of power and skill? Just curious if that was ever thought of.

- I thought Saki has all of Tatsuo's memories? Wouldn't he know that Tatsuo was told about the Dragon from Kitsune?

- Is Saki immoral in terms of not physically aging? I ask this because he seen a older version of himself in this issue and the Shredder Micro issue.

- Finally, will we find out Kitsune's full plan with the Shredder in this mini series? I know Saki was in a ooze pool for centries but will we find out how it changed his body and spirit and ultimatly how he fits in with the pantheon?

Thanks!
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #2878
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytmnt View Post
Hey Bobby,

I just read Shredder in Hell # 3, which was great! I had a couple of questions I was curious about.

- Does having the spirit trapped in their soul give Saki/ Tatsuo any advanage as a warrior? They both seemed above normal human levels in terms of power and skill? Just curious if that was ever thought of.

- I thought Saki has all of Tatsuo's memories? Wouldn't he know that Tatsuo was told about the Dragon from Kitsune?

- Is Saki immoral in terms of not physically aging? I ask this because he seen a older version of himself in this issue and the Shredder Micro issue.

- Finally, will we find out Kitsune's full plan with the Shredder in this mini series? I know Saki was in a ooze pool for centries but will we find out how it changed his body and spirit and ultimatly how he fits in with the pantheon?

Thanks!
Thanks for reading!

-I'd just sort of be making up an answer for you here... I don't think so, personally. I think they're just well trained and skilled fighters.

-I don't think we've ever said that Saki has Tatsuo's memories-- if I recall correctly he's seen flashes of his previous life, but I don't recall us saying he had all memories.

-Saki would age normally without ooze.

-We know Kitsune's plan, just not some of the 'how's' of it. Beyond that, I can't speak to things that may or may not happen in the future.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #2879
daggio
Foot Soldier

On the vein of that, I was wondering something. Now, I understand the Japanese naming system in that the family name comes first and the given name comes second (Oroku Saki, Hamato Yoshi, etc.). My question is, what's the proper Japanese form of Takeshi Tatsuo? Is what I just wrote right or is Tatsuo Takeshi right? I've seen it said both ways.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:13 PM   #2880
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Takeshi Tatsuo. That's how it appeared in Secret History, and to my knowledge every time since then. If you've seen it otherwise, chalk it up to an editing error.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz