The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #2901
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
Off by a year! 2019!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #2902
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,841
We're probably going to see another big gathering of criminals during City at War. Just my guess.

I sort of wish we'd get Hun vs Karai at some point, too. He could well try to take over the underworld once Splinter falls and she kills him for it. No way Casey and the Purple Dragons would bow to Karai's rule anyway.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:44 PM   #2903
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
We're probably going to see another big gathering of criminals during City at War. Just my guess.

I sort of wish we'd get Hun vs Karai at some point, too. He could well try to take over the underworld once Splinter falls and she kills him for it. No way Casey and the Purple Dragons would bow to Karai's rule anyway.
I was assuming it was a part of plotting out beyond #100. So #95 to #101 range.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 07:44 AM   #2904
80gmrp
Foot Soldier
 
80gmrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 123
First of all, thank you for your patience with me the past year, Bobby.
Spoiler:
I see that neither Splinter nor Leatherhead appeared in what's now the latest issue despite what I read of the synopsis.
As relieved as I am knowing that any darker turn over my favorite character won't happen quite yet, I am eager to see what reason Leatherhead may have to engage with Splinter, whether it's on adequate terms or not. Unless that was just LH looking from the sidelines? Either way, I am trying to hold onto a newfound hope.
__________________
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #2905
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,916
So the recent devolpment with Jenny, was it a hard creative decision to make? I'd imagine it could end up a rather unpopular one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #2906
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So the recent devolpment with Jenny, was it a hard creative decision to make? I'd imagine it could end up a rather unpopular one.
I would like to read about the creative process that came up with this twist in a meeting. Perhaps a passage in a near future letter column.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #2907
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So the recent devolpment with Jenny, was it a hard creative decision to make? I'd imagine it could end up a rather unpopular one.
I wouldn't say so, no. Tom and Kevin have been very keen to do it for a while now and their enthusiasm overcame any concerns I had.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #2908
hypered1
Foot Soldier
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I wouldn't say so, no. Tom and Kevin have been very keen to do it for a while now and their enthusiasm overcame any concerns I had.
I know the reactions this could get, but is Jenny going to start using a certain name starting with a V? Interesting character reboot if that's the case.

(Edit) Ok, lesson learned, must remember to read all relevant threads before commenting.

Last edited by hypered1; 07-07-2019 at 07:06 AM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #2909
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
No, Jennikia is just Jennika!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:20 AM   #2910
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,916
Is the name "Jennika" meant to be a reference to something? Because searching on Wikipedia only gives me ten articles, six of which are TMNT related and the most notable person that comes up in the other four is a Mrs. Universe winner who was named Jennika...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #2911
Igglet
Hench Mutant
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 352
Hello, are you able to tell us if Jennika is meant to become one of the main protagonists, one of the 4 (or, in that case, 5) TMNT? Or is she going to be a mutant turtle, but not a TMNT, if that makes sense? If so, how does it feel introducing someone new to this tried and true dynamic, with the massive challenge of finding something new to bring to the table? Does it make you guys as anxious as it makes us?
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #2912
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Is the name "Jennika" meant to be a reference to something? Because searching on Wikipedia only gives me ten articles, six of which are TMNT related and the most notable person that comes up in the other four is a Mrs. Universe winner who was named Jennika...
Not to my knowledge, no. Just a name Tom liked if I recall correctly.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:25 PM   #2913
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Hello, are you able to tell us if Jennika is meant to become one of the main protagonists, one of the 4 (or, in that case, 5) TMNT? Or is she going to be a mutant turtle, but not a TMNT, if that makes sense? If so, how does it feel introducing someone new to this tried and true dynamic, with the massive challenge of finding something new to bring to the table? Does it make you guys as anxious as it makes us?
Answering this one way or another would point to where we're going in the story, so I can't really get into it. Sorry!

But it doesn't make me anxious. To me it's a story/character point the same as any other. Honestly there's stuff to come in City at War that is, to me, a bigger deal that i'm much more curious to see how folks will respond!
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:44 PM   #2914
Igglet
Hench Mutant
 
Igglet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Serbia
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Answering this one way or another would point to where we're going in the story, so I can't really get into it. Sorry!

But it doesn't make me anxious. To me it's a story/character point the same as any other. Honestly there's stuff to come in City at War that is, to me, a bigger deal that i'm much more curious to see how folks will respond!
No worries, I get that! I'm very curious to see what comes next, you've placed the bar really high with the Jennika reveal. Really excited for #96! Seeing as it's the end of the first part of City at War, I assume it'll be a big one.
Igglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #2915
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
(#95 was the end of "act 1"!)
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #2916
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 5,142
Close of Act 1? Oh lord here we go

__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:34 PM   #2917
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,916
So is Jennika going to remain taller than the turtles? It doesn't really make to me that she would shrink, all the other mutants grew in size.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #2918
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
I mostly leave heights to the discretion of the artist and how they see a given character. I think an argument could be made that given the circumstances Jennika might not have got as much mutagen as say, Bebop and Rocksteady during their mutation, and as a result didn't change in the same way.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #2919
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,057
Forgive me if its been asked before but will you be keeping the numbering beyond 100? Id love to see it keep going personally but understand that #1s sell. However, now that Walking Dead is done at 193 you have a nice number to beat.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #2920
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Forgive me if its been asked before but will you be keeping the numbering beyond 100? Id love to see it keep going personally but understand that #1s sell. However, now that Walking Dead is done at 193 you have a nice number to beat.
I think it has been asked but I don't think I was able to give a concrete answer at the time but I can now:

The series will be continuing with the same numbering. No new #1.

This has me thinking... What are the current monthly books out that are past 100 issues with the same numbering? Spawn and Savage Dragon are the only ones springing to mind...
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.