The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 12:15 AM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I ballyhoo a big "who cares." But were I in his shoes I'd be heated, sure.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:33 AM   #42
Leolead
Stone Warrior

I'm not even Pete, and I'm pissed!

I like his voice better than Knoxville. Knoxville sometimes sounded like an old man and just didn't fit too well with Leo. Pete has more of a youthful tone. I don't understand why they changed it.

I've been thoroughly impressed with Pete in everything I've seen him him for the press tour. Voice aside, he's so intelligent, insightful, and well-spoken. on my first viewing of the movie I spent all my time wondering what his voice track sounded like every time I heard Knoxville come out of Leo's mouth.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:17 AM   #43
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
Yes. Almost Everything (Halfway through 2K3) but the new movie and next mutation So I have a pretty good idea of who Leo is and He CAN be 'Funny' at times but he is 'Not Hilarious'. 'Being Hilarious' and 'Doing Something Hilarious' every now and then are 2 different things. My bad, apart from the other times I've mentioned where he shows the most humour I forgot to mention the tiny times when he actually plays or makes a joke... like a teenager. Making a joke is NOT the same as 'being hilarious'.
I don;t really know what "being hilarious" is. I took it as someone who can be funny. Not as "this person is funny and only funny".

Quote:
'Probably' isn't enough to warrant 'Won't' from your statement.

He'll find a loophole. If he's back he'll do both. If he isn't can you really blame him?
That was a mis-wording on my part. I just think that, if he's back, it's not by choice. A contract might make it so he has to do it, or there might be a clause in there that allows him to be released. After all, it was apparently written that another voice actor could be brought in. I think the only reason Knoxville replaced Pete is because Pete doesn't have any credits. If Alan, Noel, or Jeremy didn't have credits, it might have been one of them being replaced.

Also, is there the chance that Paramount always wanted Knoxville but he couldn't commit to shooting?

EDIT: Watching a couple interviews, Pete makes a comment about wanting to make another, and Johnny got asked about a mocap suit and he says "Next time..." so, who knows.

Last edited by Slap-Happy; 08-31-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:37 AM   #44
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I don;t really know what "being hilarious" is. I took it as someone who can be funny. Not as "this person is funny and only funny".
No worries, I'll break it down. 'Being Hilarious'/'Is Hilarious' is some one who is known or identified as being 'Mostly' funny, goofy,outrageous, whacky etc....you get the picture. Pretty much Mikey and we all know there's more to Mikey than 'Being Hilarious'. But can we honestly say Leo 'Is Hilarious' as in that is his major characteristic? Doubtful.

Which is why it is just Monumentally Dumb to have someone who is known and described as 'Is Hilarious' by Paramount as their selling point for someone playing Leo.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
and Johnny got asked about a mocap suit and he says "Next time..." so, who knows.
If they do... Mocap is clearly a young man's game and young Turtles need young guys to provide their motion...

If the film makers lose what remains of their sanity and think they want to put Knoxville in a suit, I dunno... let him do it for Rocksteady or someone else like that instead. (And then use a stunt double most of the time. lol) A character that might be a bit better suited in voice and may not have to move with the same amount of agility and youth as the Turtles.

Watching the 2003 series and gone through Leo's mad phase, now I feel like some nitwit saw that one portion and decided they should aim for that instead of normal Leo. Terrible idea if so.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-31-2014 at 12:31 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:30 PM   #46
Warhorse
Emperor

Well, I know this is very late in the game, but a week ago I finally watched the sequel to this and I am glad they went along with Pete after all. The movie had it's problems, but Pete voicing Leonardo wasn't one of them.

Shame to hear that the actors weren't treated well on set by PD, because it would have been nice to see the quad one last time in the soft reboot coming.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote