Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Rise Official Episode Discussion S2 EP01 - Many Unhappy Returns

Season 2 starts today.

Many Unhappy Returns
The TMNT must stop a persistent foe from shredding NYC, but problems arise when they split up to handle things.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 08:47 PM   #2
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Damn 70s Big Mom is doing a lot for me.

And I probably said this before but man is the composition of this show on point.

Damn Leo that was almost Batman level of planning.

I probably said this before but how the series uses April feels more right than the 2k12 version, instead of powers she uses normal equipment to help fight with her friends.

The guard next to Big Mama has a very nice design sort of reminds me of a "Sinister Ninja Turtle" I wonder when we are going to see them next.

Spoiler:

Also her demon guards look awesome too

Spoiler:

Show of hands who wants to see more of this

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-23-2019 at 10:45 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Ok ok Leo was freakin boss this episode, they need to do an episode where Leo and Donnie try to out smart one another competition to see who the real genius of the group is. Leo definatly needs to claim that role as leadership at some point this season, I hope Splinter starts to see it in Leo as time goes on. This episode should be the starting point of him slowly stepping into being the official leader of the group.

I liked the Leo / Splinter bonding to some extent, I wonder what Splinter thinks of this point of the teams dynamic.

I know someone who's not going to like what happened at the end and I kind of didn't either, Big Mom taming Shredder and keeping him for future events to be an even bigger threat? While that's an interesting twist as a fan of Shredder its kind of annoying too but maybe that's just me. Guess we can kind of get a hint at the over all big picture for season two story arc.

Past three episodes have been a blast, curious about the next one.

Last edited by Leofan26; 11-24-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
Sonic777
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post

The guard next to Big Mama has a very nice design sort of reminds me of a "Sinister Ninja Turtle" I wonder when we are going to see them next.

I was thinking it was Rise's Incarnation of Slash.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not bad. Seriously... what is this Shredder even supposed to be other than possessed demon armor. o.O More of a wild beast with just a basic instinct to attack than a demonic entity with its own motives...so far.

edit: Then again, maybe Shredder still isn't all there, and the Foot guys finding that something still wasn't right, because that chip from the "teapot" is still missing. If an action figure was a flaw, then I imagine a remaining missing piece may be, too.

Big Mama was pretty decent. Also curious about that guard.

edit: What if that guard is this show's Karai? And/or Big Mama's child in a similar vein.

Only thing that genuinely annoyed me is their laying it on a bit too thick that, durhur, Leo's not serious. (Yes, 'Rise', we get it, enough with the "tell" all the time.) If he had a plan that worked out, great. Was pretty complex and good action, I give it that. Just wish it felt more intentional and less like just possible dumb luck that was called a plan afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteso586 View Post
Am I the only one with the feeling that Big Mama could be Rise's version of Tang Shen? ... Nah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Rise already has a version of Tang Shen. She was one of Lou's co-stars.
So combine both thoughts and both of you guys kinda called it for the most part. (Okay, so she was a driver, not a costar, but still on the right track.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-24-2019 at 10:31 AM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Wow, this was an incredible episode. Quite possibly my favorite of them all. The action, humor, characterization, & designs were all SO dope. God, I love this show.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

edit: What if that guard is this show's Karai? And/or Big Mama's child in a similar vein.
I'm still convinced that Karai could be the Foot Recruit.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #8
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Forgot to ask one question in my earlier post, is this the first time Splinters ever called one of the turtles by their actual name? I can't remember.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:59 PM   #9
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I felt like I was seeing the robot chicken scetch with lando's deal with vader when leo was dealing with big mama.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:39 PM   #10
matteso586
Stone Warrior

The plan to trap Shredder has a Fantastic Four reference. Specifically a certain catchphrase.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:32 PM   #11
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

So at the risk of me sounding like victory_angel someone posted this interesting tidbit, now this could be just a coincidence but if you remember back in Al Be Back Splinter was singing Vesti la giubba and if you don't know the songs meaning well here it is

Now later episodes its realized that while Big Mom didn't cheated on Splinter she did betray and forced him into the Battle Nexus tournament however whenever we see flashbacks of Yoshi in the Battle Nexus Tournaments it looks like he is having the time of his life and is always smiling but going by the context of the song its not that Yoshi is happy but he is putting a facade because of course the show must go on and when around people, Lou Jitsu must put on a brave face and smile to the public.

Again maybe its a coincedence and I'm reading too much into this but you gotta admit if the writers did put this little foreshadow in the episode then kudos to them

Last edited by PApagreg; 11-26-2019 at 10:38 PM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:23 PM   #12
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

Did John Cena only sign on to do the first season or something? There's a different actor credited for Draxum in this episode.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #13
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I caused huge damage to the city and killed many people! Now evryone in New York knows why they call me THE SHREDDER.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:29 AM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You mean the wild beast without any speaking part that is supposed to be Shredder and was quickly locked away by Big Mama?

Granted she'll inevitably let him out to use him for her own deeds, but it's questionable if she'd even let him gain any amount of sentience if she wants to control him.

But with that chip from the "teapot" missing and is very possibly the flaw that was causing him to be "untethered" to that dimension... Good luck resolving that. But maybe one of the Turtles found and kept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Did John Cena only sign on to do the first season or something? There's a different actor credited for Draxum in this episode.
That's odd, I still thought it was him. Maybe he couldn't do a drained, weak sounding voice good enough and will be back later if Draxum recuperates at all?

edit: The "how" part aside, why do I almost sorta wish that guard would turn out to be a kid of Lou/Splinter's and Big Mama's, that he has no idea exists... lol (Not necessarily Karai, since that isn't her usual connection to Splinter anyhow.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-04-2019 at 08:47 AM.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote