The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #561
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
My advice is to be patient. There are probably more Mucks and Usagis ready to be distributed. For one thing, the Target-exclusivity of standard Usagi may be timed and then it'd get pushed out to Walmarts in a few months, too.

For the entire year, I have hunted, hunted, and hunted some more. And hunted again later that night. And then hunted online. I've been in 5 states so far this year, 4 in the past two months, and in each one, again, I hunt.

I have seen THREE total Muckmen in the wild, all 3 of which I bought. 1 for my TMNT collecting friend, 1 for myself to open, and 1 for my carded doubles that I keep.

I have seen ZERO plain Usagis. My friend got me the 1 I have for opener. It's the only one of TWO he's seen, and he's the only person I know who hunts close to how much I do. I still want my carded double of him, too, and I have found 2-3+ of even the rarest repaints (Baxter, Mutagen Man are rarest from my sightings), plenty of Samurais & horses incl. Sam/Horse Usagi, and still ZERO plain Usagis.

There's no way that Playmates only made that many figures, that I will only ever see that few of these with the amount of hunting I do. They're just stuck in the warehouse waiting to be pushed out in waves like all the figures before them, Karai included. It was 6 months before I saw Karai in my local neck of the woods after everyone else was finding them in stores on the coasts. So long that I actually did pay a $28 price to get my first one, I did not have the patience then. But I see Karai everywhere now.

I do think there will be fewer made, because of the line winding down, it's just common sense. But I do think there are more waiting to come. The repaint push was to raise more money on existing sculpts. That funds all the current fireworks. The Samurai push, and the upcoming monsters push. Sprinkled in with all of that has already been some re-issues of old figures, even of the purple carded Stealth Techs. And sprinkled in with stuff yet to come, I say with fair confidence, will be more Muckmen and Usagis.

So, in other words, I know it's hard to sit without one, and I'm freakin' out daily too about the carded Usagi I need to find some day -- but patience, patience, patience. The fat lady has not sung yet.
That's weird, because I saw Usagis in every Target I went to.

But I agree with waiting. I paid $20 for Mondo, and then he was $6 on Amazon 3 months later.

Also, check online retailers consistently, and maybe email Amazon to see if and when he gets restocked.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #562
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
That's weird, because I saw Usagis in every Target I went to.
I swept through the nearest metro one evening on a hot tip that the Samurais and repaints had just landed. I hit every single Target there, which is 8 of them. I found all the samurai turtles abundant, and was able to piece together two entire sets of the Target-first repaints, too. The repaints were plentiful enough, though spread out and slightly picked over. Usagi was nowhere. Maybe you bought them all a couple hours earlier, lulz.

Then I went back to one of them a week later -- the one I cleaned the most figures out of -- it had triggered another case put out on the pegs but again no Usagi.

I remember waiting quite awhile for Mondo, Napoleon, Atilla, etc, to show up here. So long that I imported from UK for a not-too-bad price-up. Thought maybe I had missed em stateside, I had been out of the game a bit. Then they showed up everywhere here.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #563
MisterMiracle
Foot Soldier

I've only seen 2 Muckmans and 1 regular Usagi. I picked up the Usagi for someone on here. I'm regretting not buying those Muckmans when I had the chance. I saw a Samurai Usagi today if anyone needs it.
MisterMiracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:45 PM   #564
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Only reason I'm leery is because I've never seen a wave move on to the next without at least seeing all the previous wave's figures in the wild first. Haven't seen a Crimson Leader either. Little less worried about collecting that one though.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:22 PM   #565
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrokuYoshiFilms View Post
Only reason I'm leery is because I've never seen a wave move on to the next without at least seeing all the previous wave's figures in the wild first. Haven't seen a Crimson Leader either. Little less worried about collecting that one though.
So what other figures were in this wave with muckman?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #566
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
So what other figures were in this wave with muckman?
Kick boxer Don and Raph and purple box Stealth Tech Raphael for starters.

My main Target store close to me has figures in the back, but everytime I try to get some help in getting them from the back the associate plays stupid on me. The pegs have one figure each on them and they won't put out anymore.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 07-19-2017 at 07:53 PM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #567
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
Kick boxer Don and Raph and purple box Stealth Tech Raphael for starters.
I actually don't think Ninja Strike Don was part of this packing. I have not been seeing him at any Targets alongside Muck, I've been finding him elsewhere...Walmart I believe mainly. You're right about Ninja Kick Raph and the Stealth Tech reissue though, those were both alongside the 3 Mucks I found at 3 Targets.

I think Target got a couple special cases so far this year -- the one with Muck and the Samurai/Usagi/Repaints. Anybody find Muck somewhere other than Target? Maybe he and Crimson Leader are timed Target exclusives and nobody bothered to make that obvious to us. Also, heck, maybe all of Targets cases are special for them. They always seem to have slightly different assortments than everyone else lately.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #568
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The Nick line is basically done just Monster Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady wanted to go

Characters that never got figures from Nick Turtles.

Don Vizioso

The Stallone Bodyguard

Pigeon Pete

Alopex

Bishop

Utroms

Kraang Sub Prime

Sir Malichi

Dr. Rockwell with his kraang tech

Hun

Oroku Saki

Hamato Yoshi

Tang Shen

Shinagami

Kavaxas

Renet

Mona Lisa

Sal Commander

Savanti Romero ( Cancelled Figure)

The animal 3 pack (Cancelled Figure)

Man I miss 80's playmates when you would get almost every character in toy form.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-21-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #569
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

The Nick line is basically done just Monster Turtles and Bebop and Rocksteady wanted to go

Characters that never got figures from Nick Turtles.

Don Vizioso

The Stallone Bodyguard

Pigeon Pete

Alopex

Bishop

Utroms

Kraang Sub Prime

Sir Malichi

Dr. Rockwell with his kraang tech

Hun

Oroku Saki

Hamato Yoshi

Tang Shen

Shinagami

Kavaxas

Renet

Mona Lisa

Sal Commander

Savanti Romero ( Cancelled Figure)

The animal 3 pack (Cancelled Figure)

Man I miss 80's playmates when you would get almost every character in toy form.
Sad we never got this. And the animal 3 pack would have been cool too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7740.jpg (102.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7739.jpg (80.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7738.jpg (81.4 KB, 39 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:03 PM   #570
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

All those characters without figures hurts. Especially butt guns.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #571
Powder
So tired of this place

Soooo we're not gonna get that God-damned Usagi Half-Shell Hero, huh? Knew it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #572
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Gdmf.... today has irked cant believe we ain't getting some of those figs
Old 07-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #573
Powder
So tired of this place

I've come to terms with just about everything else (barring how impossible it is to get Muckman) but I was REALLY looking forward to that Usagi HSH. & Jei, who I'm sure we can now confirm is cancelled. F**k. Playmates, y'all some jerks.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #574
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah sucks. I think HSH has been dead for a few months. They never even finished the Safari line.

I was really hoping the HSH cartoon would blossom into its own series.
Guess we'll see what Rise looks like in Feb.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:14 PM   #575
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I've come to terms with just about everything else (barring how impossible it is to get Muckman) but I was REALLY looking forward to that Usagi HSH. & Jei, who I'm sure we can now confirm is cancelled. F**k. Playmates, y'all some jerks.
My ass still ain't ever seen Armaggon.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #576
3Jane
Mouser

Question

Why the hell did they produce all those dumb Beavers, Squirrel-oids and Kirby Bats bt can't get more Usagis and Muckmans done?
3Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #577
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

No Savanti Romero hurts me deeply.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #578
Danetello
Stone Warrior

All I ask is that Muckman gets more distribution before the series ends. I refuse to pay scalpers $100+ on eBay.

Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #579
Optimus Primer
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
No Savanti Romero hurts me deeply.
Especially since he's name-dropped on the cardbacks for the Monster line! Seriously, they could have easily included him.

I really, REALLY wish we got Jei, Savanti, and Mona. I at least hope they are at least in Rise, and we get cool figures of them then.
Optimus Primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #580
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

I kind of wished since they had made the mirage comic turtles in 2014, that they would have made the 80's turtles, especially since they showed up in this series.

I liked what was made in the line, I just wish they would have made most of the monsters and aliens from the show. The various cancellations on ones that could have come out is annoying. Also, almost no vehicles for the baddies, what's up with that?!

In the deluxe line-up they could have made some of them bad guys to take care of the variety of characters and scaling issues of the bigger bad guys.

Also, not making Kavaxas (Hothead), that was voiced by Mark Hamill on the show and was based on one of the 90's figures, is really lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
I really, REALLY wish we got Jei, Savanti, and Mona. I at least hope they are at least in Rise, and we get cool figures of them then.
What really sucks is the fact that Jei even showed up at UK ToyFair.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, playmates bashing