The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
Leo656
The Franchise

WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara Accused of Sexual Impropriety With Actress

Brett Ratner is involved as well, although he himself seems to be free of any wrongdoing in this specific case.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...onship-1192660

This is an interesting scenario. On one hand, the overwhelming abundance of text messages pretty much prove that Tsujihara did indeed have sex with the actress in question while promising to help get her work. On the other hand, said actress was apparently an enthusiastic participant until the promised roles failed to materialize (she was apparently trying to leverage herself into playing Supergirl, at one point, using the "relationship" as a way in, and tried the same thing to get a role in Wonder Woman).

Looking at the big picture, I think she honestly comes off looking worse in this. Like yes, she was apparently manipulated and/or lied to - aren't they all? Does EVERY woman who spreads for a Hollywood big shot really convinced that they're going to be the next Angelina Jolie? - but she comes off as really aggressive and harassing, and further, as stated, she had no problem at all trading sex for work, until that work dried up. She must not be very good because I've never even heard of her. And she's pretty hot, so if she actually failed to play "the game" successfully, she must be a real shrew. As the texts escalate you can see everyone involved starts trying to distance themselves from her, way before she started threatening to get the lawyers involved. Seems like a real pain to deal with.

I'unno, interesting story. I'm with Roseanne on this one; they're fine being "Hos" until they don't get what they were promised, and THEN the guy they slept with is the villain. I think everyone's equally sh*tty in situations like this.

Anyways, he's CEO of WB and she's nobody, so this will probably go nowhere. Just caught my eye before.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'unno, interesting story. I'm with Roseanne on this one; they're fine being "Hos" until they don't get what they were promised
Well, that's the important part, isn't it? If there was an agreement, she's not wrong to be angry, is she?

This is another case of two people doing something they shouldn't be doing.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

She's not wrong to be angry and that's an abuse of power but she's still pretty far from a saint in these matters.

Why couldn't this have been Geoff Johns...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 PM   #4
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Well, that's the important part, isn't it? If there was an agreement, she's not wrong to be angry, is she?

This is another case of two people doing something they shouldn't be doing.
I agree strongly with the closing line.

I doubt there was any formal "agreement" in place, because most guys aren't stupid enough to put those kinds of "deals" in writing. It was probably more like, "So after we f*ck, you'll get me lots of big movie roles, right?" "Uhhhhh (incoherent mumbling)." And she ASSUMED they had a deal because she's never actually read a newspaper, or watched a Lifetime made-for-TV movie about exactly this kind of thing.

Sucks for her, getting "played" like that, but again, she shouldn't have been trying to leverage sexual favors for work in the first place, and also, she should be embarrassed at being so naive.

I'm very interested in hearing what Mrs. Tsujihara has to say about this situation, myself. She's the only victim I can identify in this.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:20 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm very interested in hearing what Mrs. Tsujihara has to say about this situation, myself. She's the only victim I can identify in this.
True. Now, if Tsujihara HAD awarded this actress parts based on sexual favors... then there would be other victims -- the actually qualified actresses who were passed over. But it doesn't sound like that ever happened.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:43 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah. Like I said, going by her picture, she's pretty hot. So if she's still a nobody like, 5 years or whatever it is later, she must be a HORRIBLE actress. Because it does say she DID get some auditions and a few meetings - which is all anyone in the texts admits to promising her - and the best she can get is a gig playing Nicole Brown-Simpson in some silly movie which posits that OJ was innocent, a movie that nobody knows or has ever heard about?

If you're willing to prostitute yourself for opportunities and you still come up empty like that, either you're a terrible actress OR you need to scrub your vag.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:21 AM   #7
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

It depends on exactly what happened in those texts. If there's evidence in there that could be construed as promising favors, then that could be considered a written agreement.

It'd be an interesting case to watch, but I doubt anything would come of it unless Tsujihara himself texted her with something damning.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:38 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

In reading the texts that are shown in the article itself, all the men played it very coy (wisely so). At at least one point she says to Kevin, "When we were in that hotel room having sex you said..." and he just no-sold it (Which was wise, because she was obviously setting him up to trick him into incriminating himself). And Rattner and everyone else just did the smart thing and said nothing outside of "You're lying."

Nobody said anything that could have incriminated themselves, it would appear. There's a lot of her saying, "I figured that having sex with someone would help my career", and a lot of people replying to her with, "Nobody ever said anything to give you that idea, and also, go away."

I definitely believe the incident happened, but I also have to kind of marvel at how expertly Rattner and co. were able to deflect and contain the whole thing. She seems like a real nut. I'm no fan of Hollywood scumbags, but dealing with people like her day after day, multiplied by hundreds, must get really tiresome. Even after nobody wanted to audition her - and again, they apparently did uphold their end and get her a few shots, they simply didn't turn into jobs - she kept insisting she was "owed", and her behavior goes well into "harassment" several times. "No Means No, ya dizzy broad!"

But no, all Rattner or anyone else is quoted as saying in the texts is, "All anyone promised you was that we'd get you a few auditions," and at NO point does anyone accede to it being in return for sex. And at least one time when she DID get a job, she was furious that it was "just" a two-line bit part... because she figured that she'd "earned" more than that. She legit thought she was gonna be Supergirl. Because they "owed" it to her. The "worst" thing anyone said to her was that she was incredibly ungrateful for the opportunities they'd already given her... which honestly does seem to be the case. She was promised auditions and the chance to meet powerful people in the industry. Those promises were made BEFORE any sex happened. Those promises were kept, she just couldn't get hired, probably because she's a loony-tune. She continued to rant, rave, and threaten. "Ungrateful" does seem pretty fair.

You KNOW it's a goofy story when Brett f*cking Rattner, a proven piece of human sh*t, is the most morally-scrupulous individual in the entire ordeal. BUT, he seems like the only one who didn't actually do anything wrong (THIS time). It boggles the mind.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:39 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Tsujihara is going bye-bye for sure. Too many billions of dollars on the line to have it risked by some crap like this. Expect to read a "mutual departure" press release in a few days. Big severance package.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:50 AM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Perhaps. Again, no impropriety was admitted nor proven. Did it happen? Clearly, but it still has to be proven.

I could see it going as you said, but I can also see it being spun as "one lone nut telling tales about why she flunked out of Hollywood" just as easily, and the whole thing being handwaved away.

50/50 in the current political climate, though. He's a man in a position of power, being accused of exploiting an actress in exchange for sexual favors. Nevermind that she was a more than willing participant (in one text she says she enjoyed the sex), that behavior is presently extremely frowned upon (even though, as Roseanne and others have said, until 5 minutes ago this kind of "Trading Sex For Work" thing was simply called "Business As Usual"). BUT, it's only one person, who's shady as f*ck, and all she has is her word against his.

I'unno. I wouldn't mind seeing him go; selfishly, I'm very upset with him for the "Justice League" debacle. We'll see what happens.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:51 AM   #11
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
You KNOW it's a goofy story when Brett f*cking Rattner, a proven piece of human sh*t, is the most morally-scrupulous individual in the entire ordeal. BUT, he seems like the only one who didn't actually do anything wrong (THIS time). It boggles the mind.
I wouldn't go that far. Being able to manipulate a situation to your benefit is a valuable life skill, but it's rarely a moral action.

I mean, either there's only a few possible scenarios that lead to this encounter.

1. Ken Tsujihara is actually in the market for someone to love, and happened upon this lady. Unfortunately, it didn't work out and now a heart-broken Kevin must deal with the fall out along with the emotional trauma.

2. Tsujihara and Ratner insinuated that Kirk would benefit from this meeting, but it turned out her acting was atrocious and they didn't want that anchor killing their projects.

3. These guys wanted a hooker but didn't want to pay.

2 and 3 are not mutually exclusive.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:06 AM   #12
Leo656
The Franchise

Tough call. Most of the texts after the very first ones seem to be Rattner trying his best to make her go away completely. The worst thing he did may have been acting as her "pimp", setting up the meeting between her and Kevin. But even then, there's a ton of plausible deniability on his end.

"She asked me to put her in touch with someone, and I did. Whatever happened afterwards had nothing to do with me." Did he know what would happen? Maybe. But he's more (IN)famous for wrangling these chicks for himself, not pimping them out to other people - and he apparently also did set her up with several people she's NOT accusing of f*cking her - so it honestly seems like in this case there wasn't much going on by way of shenanigans. He apparently didn't f*ck her himself, since she never accused him, and apparently she only f*cked one of the several people she was put into contact with, which may or may not have been mutually agreed-upon OR her entire goal from the start. Which is kinda smart on her end; F*cking the CEO of WB sure seems like a much faster way to the top than wasting time with directors and producers.

I'unno. He may have figured Kevin would f*ck her when he put her in contact with him, but he also might not have known for sure. Either way, he's still the most "innocent" party in the whole ordeal. He promises to establish connections, does so, and then spends months on end dodging texts from an increasingly-unhinged and overly-entitled hacktress. Seems like a No-Win for him. Especially if he didn't even get any. If he did, she doesn't imply that.

I hate Rattner as a person but he definitely seems like the least-scummy person of the three main "characters" in this story.

I feel bad for Kevin's wife. How embarrassing. I mean, some rich wives don't care about their husband's infidelities as long as the money's there, so maybe she doesn't really care, I don't know. But it still has to be kind of humiliating to see stuff like this in the headlines. I wonder if she'll file for divorce, or just write it off as "Boys will be boys"?

Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
Leo656
The Franchise

https://screenrant.com/warner-bros-k...tion-response/

"I did it, but I'm sorry."

Investigation ongoing, no real indication that he's on his way out the door, though.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Tsujihara is going bye-bye for sure. Too many billions of dollars on the line to have it risked by some crap like this. Expect to read a "mutual departure" press release in a few days. Big severance package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I totally called it. "It's of mutual interest, blah blah blah."
Old 03-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

You sure did! Good for you, buddy.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:08 AM   #17
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

As he should ...

He should get punished for his actions.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 03-20-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:23 PM   #18
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
As he should ...

He should get punished for his actions.
I wish I was punished by receiving nice severance package...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #19
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly.... if she chose to whore herself out... well, that's too bad. I kinda every judge that ever heard such a case should just end it then and there the moment 'she slept with him because.....' comes up. It's not sexual harassment of any kind of if she chose to sleep with the guy, regardless of the reason.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:32 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

True, but just like "inappropriate" relationships between teachers and students, even if there's informed consent on both sides and a thorough understanding about what exactly the "relationship" is, there's an inherent power dynamic that the "senior party" is automatically wrong for exploiting. It's tough to ignore that.

I do agree though that when the woman enters into the situation with full awareness and understanding, that perhaps the repercussions towards the male associate needn't be overly excessive.

This guy not being CEO of WB is ultimately best for everyone, though, so hey, whatever it takes.