The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-02-2020, 03:37 AM   #21
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Even though I prefer her to be human I kinda like this idea.

Also another negative is that the fight scenes became too croweded, compare a fight in season 1 with a fight in season 4 and notice how methodically the former is while the latter has too much stuff going on. It gets worse during the city half of season 4 where Karai and Shinigami are added to the mix and you got a 8 people on the Hamato side fighting 6 mutants from the Foot
Well seeing as April would have been a product of a human and a neutrino. She would have been human but her psychic powers would have been inherited from her mother. To blend in with humans Tribble could have changed her name to Trina or Trianna.

While searching for Tribble the Kraang would have realized that if the neutrinos knew Tribble had a child then they would have more reason to resist. If April was a hostage of the Kraang the neutrinos would have no choice but to despair under oppression.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:12 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
True the space arc didn't need them and if i had written that season they would have stayed on earth.
That would have temporary killed them.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #23
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Lol doesn't matter since the turtles saved the planet with time travel anyway.

I'm personally opposed to the Neutrino being an entire race of aliens like they apparently are. When I was younger I thought the Neutrinos were just the 3 teens we saw. I forgot about Tribble which implies there are more of them. But still I like the idea of April being half human, half space elf. It's an interesting backstory and you could even write her out if you wanted to by having her leave earth to learn of her heritage.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 05-02-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #24
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Old 05-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Well if we go by Mutant Apocalypse, they're dead anyway.

2012 Caseys best moment was when his skull was used as a bomb.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:16 AM   #26
Overlord

Quote:
I guess Nickelodeon wanted to focus more on the the turtles missing Splinter.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:07 AM   #27
Torterra
Foot Soldier

For me Casey wasn't that annoying in my eyes but I just wish they done more with his character. Like we could have seen his family he was saying he wanted to protect. I had two ideas for Casey centered episodes that show some development with him. My first idea was that Casey sloppy in keeping where he lives and just taking off his mask without looking around and that Hun and the purple dragons found out Casey's identity and where he lives, then kidnaps his little sister and beat his dad to a inch of his life and in the hospital. Casey founds out, he call's the turtles and it's hunt to find the dragons. In the meantime Casey is just angry and worried, no jokes, no goofing off he losing his temper on the turtles. Raph tries talking to him but in doesn't work so Leo decides to split up into two groups and search the the areas where the dragons are known to hangout and Leo tells Casey he's going with him and that's when we have some Leonardo and Casey interaction.

That's one thing I'll say the 2012 didn't do is show Casey interaction with particular characters. We seen Casey have episodes with Raph, episodes with Donnie, one or two episodes with Mikey, but never Leo. I have it that Leonardo talks to Casey about the fear of family members getting hurt and the responsibility of being the older sibling and making sure that everyone comes home safely. They eventually find where Hun and the dragons are they go in take down the dragons and find Casey's sister whose okay. They tie up the dragons and left them for the cops. On a nearby rooftop Casey introduce his sister to the "friends" he always talks about to her. While there dad is still in the hospital Casey's sister is going to stay at the aunt's house. But Casey decides to stay with the turtles for awhile but promises to visit his sister everyday to check in on her.

Back the lair Casey thanks the turtles for helping him rescue his little sister and thanks Leonardo for the talk. He then asks Leonardo while he's staying with them could Leo train him in being more stealthy and developing more of a level head (The reason I have Casey asking Leonardo as suppose to Splinter is that Splinter would still be training April and I wanted to see a friendship build more between Casey and Leonardo) to which Leo agrees and after this episode you'll slowly start to see Casey become more level headed. He's still going to have his goofy moments, but when things get serious e.i. the Earth getting destroy later on he's going to the space trip for the black-hole generator more seriously kind of make him similar to his TMNT 2007 incarnation.
Torterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:01 AM   #28
Galactus
Foot Elite

The problem I find is less that they had April as a central character or that they gave her powers but more that they clearly had no idea were they were going with that.

They had five seasons to do more than just tease us with April's true purpose. Clearly the writing was on the wall for the show going into the fourth season, it was clear they were wrapping up every other aspect of the show but couldn't come up with some explanation and/or resolution to this storyline. Then they had the Tales episodes, a coda season which would have been perfect to wrap up April's story but they couldn't even cobble anything together.

This was worse than the X-Files and Lost shenanigans of stringing people along in hopes that they had an idea were they were going but they didn't.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #29
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The problem I find is less that they had April as a central character or that they gave her powers but more that they clearly had no idea were they were going with that.

They had five seasons to do more than just tease us with April's true purpose. Clearly the writing was on the wall for the show going into the fourth season, it was clear they were wrapping up every other aspect of the show but couldn't come up with some explanation and/or resolution to this storyline. Then they had the Tales episodes, a coda season which would have been perfect to wrap up April's story but they couldn't even cobble anything together.

This was worse than the X-Files and Lost shenanigans of stringing people along in hopes that they had an idea were they were going but they didn't.
I know I started this thread saying that April should've been made a supporting character but now I think its has to do with what you said in that the writers had no idea what to do with her. In the context of this series the Kraang took almost everything from her, they took the possibility of her having a normal life, they took her mom, and they took her dad numerous of times. The Kraang should've been April's go to nemesis like Shredder is to the later seasons Karai but instead we don't see her interact with them in the later episodes heck we rarely see her interact with them at all come to think of it.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:34 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

April's entire arc was horrible, absolutely horrible. Casey was horrible but got a little bit better. What a waste of having April be a teenager for that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:50 AM   #31
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

They had a whole extra arc/season to tie up loose ends but didn't for reasons unknown.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 06-19-2020 at 12:51 AM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 05:54 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

Casey is okay but I noticed the writers used him as a mood killer. The show was determined to not let somber moments exist and I noticed Casey was often used to go "LOL WE'RE A KIDS CARTOON DON'T FORGET THAT." And I hated that so much.
OMG this. So much this. I wouldn't have minded if it was just the Turtles in space. We didn't need April and Casey along for the ride and it would have made things much for tragic had the turtles lost Splinter AND April and Casey.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:59 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

I missed all that, thankfully. See, this is why I didn't love the show. Stuff like the Turtles going into space, okay, sure, they're the protagonists. I've seen some good stories based on that premise, no foul. But taking the NPCs with them on that kind of "adventure" is the kind of "writing" that reeks of a little kid playing with their action figures.

I get that the show was "aimed at kids", but from what I saw of it, it was also very often written with a child's mentality, which is neither necessary nor anything I care for, generally speaking.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 01:15 AM   #34
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

April was pretty much a God if she went all out with her powers. Hell she brought Don back from the dead.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #35
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torterra View Post
For me Casey wasn't that annoying in my eyes but I just wish they done more with his character. Like we could have seen his family he was saying he wanted to protect. I had two ideas for Casey centered episodes that show some development with him. My first idea was that Casey sloppy in keeping where he lives and just taking off his mask without looking around and that Hun and the purple dragons found out Casey's identity and where he lives, then kidnaps his little sister and beat his dad to a inch of his life and in the hospital. Casey founds out, he call's the turtles and it's hunt to find the dragons. In the meantime Casey is just angry and worried, no jokes, no goofing off he losing his temper on the turtles. Raph tries talking to him but in doesn't work so Leo decides to split up into two groups and search the the areas where the dragons are known to hangout and Leo tells Casey he's going with him and that's when we have some Leonardo and Casey interaction.

That's one thing I'll say the 2012 didn't do is show Casey interaction with particular characters. We seen Casey have episodes with Raph, episodes with Donnie, one or two episodes with Mikey, but never Leo. I have it that Leonardo talks to Casey about the fear of family members getting hurt and the responsibility of being the older sibling and making sure that everyone comes home safely. They eventually find where Hun and the dragons are they go in take down the dragons and find Casey's sister whose okay. They tie up the dragons and left them for the cops. On a nearby rooftop Casey introduce his sister to the "friends" he always talks about to her. While there dad is still in the hospital Casey's sister is going to stay at the aunt's house. But Casey decides to stay with the turtles for awhile but promises to visit his sister everyday to check in on her.

Back the lair Casey thanks the turtles for helping him rescue his little sister and thanks Leonardo for the talk. He then asks Leonardo while he's staying with them could Leo train him in being more stealthy and developing more of a level head (The reason I have Casey asking Leonardo as suppose to Splinter is that Splinter would still be training April and I wanted to see a friendship build more between Casey and Leonardo) to which Leo agrees and after this episode you'll slowly start to see Casey become more level headed. He's still going to have his goofy moments, but when things get serious e.i. the Earth getting destroy later on he's going to the space trip for the black-hole generator more seriously kind of make him similar to his TMNT 2007 incarnation.
Or maybe at the farm house Casey is getting impatient and is chomping at the bit for them to return to New York so they can save the city. During one episode he blows up at the Turtles and says they are aren't ready to return to the city because they don?t care about it. So he?s going back just so something is done, Raph and April speak up and point out it?s too dangerous to return and it?s foolish to take on the Kraang alone. Casey?s mind is set and he starts off, before he takes off Leo says he?s coming with him. Casey starts down the road and the two of them talk about what it means to be older brothers and fearing for their younger siblings safety. This is where Leo admits that he is afraid of returning to the city because he fears he could end up letting his brothers down when they need him most. The two share a couple of memories about growing up with their respective siblings. Such as take 9/11 the turtles would have been 4 years old when that even occurred. So say that was one of the memories, the date or the event wouldn’t be mentioned or the events used, but it could be implied that is what is happening. The turtles would be largely protected from the event, at worst they would have felt a massive earthquake when the towers fell. And there will be some areas of the sewers that are unstable because of said event. Casey would likely be affected he likely would be in elementary school when it occurred but he still would hear about it and that sparked his desire to protect his loved ones.

Last edited by victory_angel; 06-17-2020 at 01:57 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:53 AM   #36
Overlord

Neutrino

Quote:

I'm personally opposed to the Neutrino being an entire race of aliens like they apparently are. When I was younger I thought the Neutrinos were just the 3 teens we saw. I forgot about Tribble which implies there are more of them.
The word Neutrino was on everyone's lips in early 1987, when the first season was written. That's probably why they're called what they're called.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1987A