The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 09-08-2004, 11:58 AM   #81
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja

Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
LOL Silly.

On another note, Tigerfog m' bro, I thought you might like to know that both of the links on your "Links" Page, to The 'Drome here and to Sakan-san's site don't seem to be working. I've clicked on them each time I've visited, and they don't take me to either place. Like I said, just thought that you migh like to know.

Oh, yeah, and the last time I visited (which was last night), I noticed that I was Visitor #100 to the site! Yay me!!!

EDIT: I hate to keep harping on THIS subject, bro, but your really DO need to update your web-addy info both here AND on your DevArt page. They're BOTH still reading "obscurezodiac.150m.com" (and further attachments), and are just taking interested folks to your former, and now dead, addy. I'm NOT trying to be snippy, OR pushy, but you really DO need to change them to the NEW addy.

Peace.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:49 PM   #82
Whitewolf89

Hey, bro! Just in case you swing by and read this thread (provided you're NOT TOO busy drawing your l'il ol' fingers off this weekend trying to get the Prologue done! ), I stopped by the website myself just a bit ago, and the visitor-count is now up to over 300! Congrats! May there be many, many more!

LOL Besides posting updates when you get a bit too busy to, I'm gonna be posting when it hits 500 and 1000, and so forth, too, so be warned!!!
Old 09-12-2004, 03:56 PM   #83
Kazari
Foot Elite

I can't wait to see what happens next!!! *nods* UR SOO AWESOME!!
Old 09-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #84
Whitewolf89

Hopefully we will soon. He was going to try to get the Prologue finished up this weekend, and posted so he could get rolling on the MAIN MNT Gaiden Fancomic. Keep your fingers crossed, k?
Old 09-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #85
Kazari
Foot Elite

Whoa!! So this isn't the main event yet?? *dies* LOL
Old 09-12-2004, 07:22 PM   #86
Whitewolf89

LOL Nope. THIS, my dear feline friend, is just the Prologue, hence the name. The MAIN Gaiden story will take place when our boys (Leo, Raph, Donnie and Mikey) are in their 30's, and will also introduce Tigerfog's own TMNT fan-character, Renoir, who will be in his teens when the story takes place.

My advice is to go to the MNT Gaiden page of "Obscure Zodiac", and click on the section marked "About MNT Gaiden". It's button is right next to the "Read MNT gaiden" one. But THAT is still just the Prologue yet. If you want a HINT of the MAIN fancomic (coming soon LOL ), then go to Tigerfog's DeviantArt Page, click on his "Scraps" section button, and the first six (original, which he said he'd be re-doing the art before he put the Gaiden up on HIS regular website) pages are there. You might have to hunt a little bit, 'cause the first 20 or so pages of the Prologue are, too, but I PROMISE you, they're well worth a look (well, ALL of Tiger's work is, actually (and I hope he doesn't KILL me for calling him "Tiger"! LOL)). Go check 'em out. His DA addy is http://tigerfog.deviantart.com . Remember, look in the "SCRAPS" Section, NOT his MAIN Gallery, k? K.

Peace.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #87
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

ARRGH!
I couldn't do it!!!!
Two family reunions in a single weekend plus a huge bunch of homeworks is just too much!
-_-;
Sorry, I couldn't reach my original expectations, better luck next time.
I'll stop planning things from now on since life is too unpredictable.
Call me Tiger anytime, Wolfie! ^O^
BTW, I'm drawing right now. I should upload a page later this night.
Old 09-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #88
Kazari
Foot Elite

Awww okies!!! YAY!! LOL
Old 09-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #89
Whitewolf89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfog
ARRGH!
I couldn't do it!!!!
Two family reunions in a single weekend plus a huge bunch of homeworks is just too much!
-_-;
Sorry, I couldn't reach my original expectations, better luck next time.
I'll stop planning things from now on since life is too unpredictable.
Hey, hey, hey, don't worry about it, bro! Life just has a very, VERY nasty habit of throwing a monkeywrench into your plans at times, sometimes JUST when you least expect it. You know, the old "Best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go ker-put!" syndrome. And multiple family reunions, to say nothing of loads of homework, can contribute to just that. TRUST me, I know how that goes...only TOO well sometimes. It's no thing, and we can wait. You're not THAT far from the end of the Prologue; just look at it THAT way, and it won't seem so bad.

Quote:
Call me Tiger anytime, Wolfie! ^O^
BTW, I'm drawing right now. I should upload a page later this night.
Be my pleasure. I just didn't want to call you "Tiger", then find out you didn't like it. Still, buds SHOULD go by the shortened form of their names, right? I mean, the GUYS do, after all!

Hmmmm, Tiger and Wolfie. Has sort of a nice ring to it, don'tcha think, bro?

As for a new page, coolies! I'll check out it out in a bit. Right now, my mom and I are in the middle of a "CourtTV" watching marathon. LOL GOTTA have my "CourtTV"!!!

Btw, the "buttons" on your links page still don't work. Just thought you might like to know.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #90
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

^O^ Added one page... I wonder if people are still awake at this hour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdrive2000
Hi there,
I know I'm going to sound stupid but may I ask, what does the kanji (is that right?) on the prolouge page above each TMNT mean?
It might not make perfect sense in japanese, but I chose the kanjis depending on the meaning of the sign, so it probably won't make sense if they are used alone, like I did. But here are their meanings:
-Leonardo : Honor
-Raphael : Hope
-Michelangelo : Happiness
-Donatello : Reality
Acutally, that's what they respectively lose by the end of the prologue. The question is how they lose it. Stay tuned!
Old 09-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #91
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist

I'm awake.

I like the comic so far. Nice artwork.

Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #92
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

*jaw drops*

Oh my gawd....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #93
Whitewolf89

Quote:
^O^ Added one page... I wonder if people are still awake at this hour?
Shoot, yeah, I usually am! LOL It ain't no thing for me to stay up til 1 AM some nights...usually reading fanfics and what not. Or enjoying some of my fave fanart. Like yours, bro.

Quote:
Hi there,
I know I'm going to sound stupid but may I ask, what does the kanji (is that right?) on the prolouge page above each TMNT mean?
Quote:
It might not make perfect sense in japanese, but I chose the kanjis depending on the meaning of the sign, so it probably won't make sense if they are used alone, like I did. But here are their meanings:
Acutally, that's what they respectively lose by the end of the prologue. The question is how they lose it. Stay tuned!
Oh, I'm staying tuned, TRUST me! I was in on this at the start of this rollercoaster ride, and I will be there right up to the "bitter" end! And I just have the feeling that, for our guys, the ending of the Prologue WILL be bitter. In a LOT of ways. Right?

EDIT: Eeeks! Just checked out Page 44! Mikey's just about to find out that Raph was right about Leo after all!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:40 PM   #94
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

I'm glad you all like MNT Gaiden Prologue so far! I just hope the main storyline will be able to captivate you as much as the prologue. Many people get turned off by the idea of a 5th turtle, so I gotta be careful with how I'll handle the storyline!
Update... if any of you are STILL awake, hehe.
Page 45 is up!
BTW, I know there are details that are forgotten or omitted (like Raph's bleeing mouth and stains of blood on his face and left hand...). I'll add them once I'm done with the prologue.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:46 PM   #95
Ookami Blue
Foot Soldier

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

What a place to leave off!!

*dies*

I LOVE this comic.... it is by far the BEST webcomic I have EVER read and I would say better then most manga I read.

I am VERY excited to read the REAL story and with your excellent skills at crafting the characters, I think you can bring new light to the "5th" Turtle idea!

I am excited!!

Ookami Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #96
Whitewolf89

TRUST me, I'm awake, bro. Oh, Lord, am I awake!

Just checked out Page 45! Eeks! Leo's really, REALLY serious about killing poor Raph, isn't he?! Oh, geez, and Mikey just standing there not knowing WHAT to do! *runs and dives under the bed again, muttering about not being able to sleep tonight at all.........*

Geez, where's Splinter when ya need him?! And the guys DO right now!

LOL Speaking of updates, can we expect any more pages tonight? Or do we gotta wait a bit? Either one is fine with me.

And speakin' just for myself, I expect to like the MAIN comic just as much as I do this one, IF not MORE, in its own way. Nobody seems to do fancomics about the guys in their beyond-teen years. This will be a positive TREAT!!!

And I, for one, am NOT put off by the idea of a fifth Turtle. SOME folks might be, but not THIS Mouse! I'm looking forward to getting to know Renoir a bit more. He's kinda cute. And since the older Turtles all have their own nicknames, are you gonna give HIM one, too? Or CAN you even shorten "Renoir"?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:02 PM   #97
Tigerfog
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookami Blue
*dies*
NOOOOO! DON'T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89
Geez, where's Splinter when ya need him?! And the guys DO right now!
Still collecting junk parts for Donatello...^O^ have you noticed that only Raph had thought about contacting Splinter? Then again, Mikey was there so Raph completely forgot it.

Quote:
LOL Speaking of updates, can we expect any more pages tonight? Or do we gotta wait a bit? Either one is fine with me.
Ah, sorry! I gotta sleep now. School tomorrow, you know (NOOO!). Even though I don't wanna go...

Quote:
And speakin' just for myself, I expect to like the MAIN comic just as much as I do this one, IF not MORE, in its own way. Nobody seems to do fancomics about the guys in their beyond-teen years. This will be a positive TREAT!!!
It's gonna a storyline driven by character development. In other words, the main focus is the character development. The storyline's gonna be just as important, but not as much as the characters themselves.
That's pretty much the case in the prologue, I think.
And doing the turtles in their adulthood will be hard: I just don't know I should allow myself to do and what I shouldn't because the turtles are the turtles and there are certain things in each of them that cannot change no matter what. I don't wanna make them unrecognizable, so it's gonna be a challenge!

Quote:
And I, for one, am NOT put off by the idea of a fifth Turtle. SOME folks might be, but not THIS Mouse! I'm looking forward to getting to know Renoir a bit more. He's kinda cute. And since the older Turtles all have their own nicknames, are you gonna give HIM one, too? Or CAN you even shorten "Renoir"?
Renoir can be shortened into 'Ren' which is a chinese name, I think (Thinking about the game Shenmue 2). That might work.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:48 AM   #98
Ryona

Wow! It's getting really intense in the story! I'm really loving it, Tigerfog! Your fan comic is such an inspiration for me!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:47 AM   #99
Gemma
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Hi there,
Acutally, that's what they respectively lose by the end of the prologue. The question is how they lose it. Stay tuned![/quote]

Cool, thanks Tigerfog

Just seen page 45 and Woah!!

Leo's scary
Old 09-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #100
Kazari
Foot Elite

Whoa what a stopping poinT!! I still want to know what happens to Don!! LOL