The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #2361
Booger_eater!
Foot Soldier

Just something I mention here when these kinds of posts show up - just a curiosity.... did you take a pic with your phone of the inventory on the shelves?[/QUOTE]

Long story short No. I personally didn’t find them. My brother went to target for a late night snack with his daughter in a different city than me. He Called me and asked if I had the traag set and I said they are not out yet. He then FaceTimed me to show me. I asked what other tmnt was there and he said nothing else but those two sets and a tour accessory bundle pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83A6D402-49F6-44A2-9BD1-17653F11A493.jpg (20.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 5C4E4549-DB0C-419F-BC15-0A807D2DED0A.jpg (20.5 KB, 23 views)
Booger_eater! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #2362
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
Just something I mention here when these kinds of posts show up - just a curiosity.... did you take a pic with your phone of the inventory on the shelves?

selling one?
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #2363
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

In the world of toys, there's a cautionary tale about exclusives, which is the 90s Star Trek toy market. Star Trek toys were coming out of our ears and people were buying them. I have heard many people offer the hypothesis that the reason it ultimately died off, to the point where we have basically never recovered, was when Playmates went bananas with limited and retailer exclusives and collectors had enough. Sure, there were other things looming that would doom the line (waning popularity of the shows)...but that came a little bit later than the toys dried up.

I was too young to be paying much attention to that, and also I was at the age of beginning to swear off toys at that point in life.

But I am starting to feel that now with Hasbro and everyone else. Every month another figure I have to somehow try and preorder or find at Gamestop, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, some high-traffic always denial-of-serviced manufacturer website, etc. I don't understand what players like Gamestop, Walgreens OR Hasbro have to gain from these partnerships either. Like a Black Series figure is going to save Gamestop from impending death? I don't think so. Like it's going to get me in Walgreens to spend money on anything other than the figure? No...

So tired of all this. Maybe I'm just old.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #2364
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
selling one?
Huh? LMAO no. Asking for some kind of verification because there are a lot of weirdos here who just say things.

Selling one?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #2365
Booger_eater!
Foot Soldier

Quote:
selling one?
Unfortunately extra set is spoken for. I have a list of people I buy for. I tend to get lucky at my local target. I can keep you in mind this coming week when my target gets stocked though.
Booger_eater! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:03 AM   #2366
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

PS - While yelling at clouds, I forgot to mention that I found TWO Bebop & Rocksteady packs at the same Target last night. Bought one for my own doubles/unopened collection even though I already ordered one from NECA.

Which leads to a question -- anybody know if NECA will cancel the B&R preorder if I ask them to, or was this another one of those "not cancelable" situations? I hate how you can't get back to the listings now to see what they said.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #2367
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
PS - While yelling at clouds, I forgot to mention that I found TWO Bebop & Rocksteady packs at the same Target last night. Bought one for my own doubles/unopened collection even though I already ordered one from NECA.

Which leads to a question -- anybody know if NECA will cancel the B&R preorder if I ask them to, or was this another one of those "not cancelable" situations? I hate how you can't get back to the listings now to see what they said.
Yeah, they're being restocked right now which is awesome for the people that missed out last year. Man, I can't imagine stressing about that release for an entire year...

And I'd be very surprised if they agreed to cancel your order. They don't tend to work with the customer very well, if at all. For something like that I can kinda understand though, they've got thousands of orders across multiple products, if they allowed people to cancel or combine that would introduce a lot of extra legwork.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:44 AM   #2368
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Does anyone happen to know if the Traag/Granitor pack is still the same retail? I'd read somewhere that they'd be $59.99 due to their size, but can't find confirmation of that from NECA.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:47 PM   #2369
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Huh? LMAO no. Asking for some kind of verification because there are a lot of weirdos here who just say things.

Selling one?
good grief! You are not very smart are you? The guy said his brother called him and then got the set for him DUH! LMAO
Old 09-21-2020, 03:33 PM   #2370
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
good grief! You are not very smart are you? The guy said his brother called him and then got the set for him DUH! LMAO
-sigh-
You quoted someone else using something I had said. So I addressed it as if I said it.

-pats on nerd cheek for the "not very smart" comment-
You aren't very attentive, are you? F'n dork.
Old 09-21-2020, 03:41 PM   #2371
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
-sigh-
You quoted someone else using something I had said. So I addressed it as if I said it.

https://i.imgur.com/7WYcSKxh.jpg

-pats on nerd cheek for the "not very smart" comment-
You aren't very attentive, are you? F'n dork.
I wasn't talking to you at all retard I asked if he had one for sell and he replied. NOBODY was even talking you unimportant NERD
Old 09-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #2372
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I wasn't talking to you at all retard I asked if he had one for sell and he replied. NOBODY was even talking you unimportant NERD
You quoted IMJ but put the other dude's name. It's not difficult to see why he got confused.

And you're both nerds. We're on a Ninja Turtle forum.

ANYway, I hope NECA puts out a schedule for upcoming releases like they did this summer. I'd like to know when to start watching Target.com for the new packs. I don't like the Traag pack enough to pay NECA's shipping but if I can get it straight from Target then I'm in. I bought the April pack and it's certainly better than that!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:44 AM   #2373
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
And I'd be very surprised if they agreed to cancel your order. They don't tend to work with the customer very well, if at all. For something like that I can kinda understand though, they've got thousands of orders across multiple products, if they allowed people to cancel or combine that would introduce a lot of extra legwork.
Here is my answer:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting us about this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but the TMNT orders cannot be canceled and sales are final.

Thank you,

The NECA CS Team
Old 09-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #2374
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Here is my answer:

Wow. I mean - it's not like they wouldn't be able to recycle your order into inventory and sell it with the next online batch or include it in a shipment to Target....
Old 09-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #2375
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Wow. I mean - it's not like they wouldn't be able to recycle your order into inventory and sell it with the next online batch or include it in a shipment to Target....
Yeah, I know...I mean, some of the listings I definitely remember said they were not cancelable -- Tokka/Rahzar, and probably Super Shredder, since those orders were to secure manufacturing orders. I honestly don't remember what B&R said but regardless, they certainly would be able to sell any stock of any of these things should some of us cancel.

I'll just end up with three B&Rs instead which is fine with me because I'll probably need one to trade for something the way things are going.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:20 PM   #2376
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Triceraton Infantryman and Roadkill Rodney Set.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #2377
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Triceraton Infantryman and Roadkill Rodney Set.
I love the animated picture used for the Triceraton Infantryman. It reminds me so much of the 1990 action figure.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #2378
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In the world of toys, there's a cautionary tale about exclusives, which is the 90s Star Trek toy market. Star Trek toys were coming out of our ears and people were buying them. I have heard many people offer the hypothesis that the reason it ultimately died off, to the point where we have basically never recovered, was when Playmates went bananas with limited and retailer exclusives and collectors had enough. Sure, there were other things looming that would doom the line (waning popularity of the shows)...but that came a little bit later than the toys dried up.

I was too young to be paying much attention to that, and also I was at the age of beginning to swear off toys at that point in life.

But I am starting to feel that now with Hasbro and everyone else. Every month another figure I have to somehow try and preorder or find at Gamestop, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, some high-traffic always denial-of-serviced manufacturer website, etc. I don't understand what players like Gamestop, Walgreens OR Hasbro have to gain from these partnerships either. Like a Black Series figure is going to save Gamestop from impending death? I don't think so. Like it's going to get me in Walgreens to spend money on anything other than the figure? No...

So tired of all this. Maybe I'm just old.
I don't know about Playmates Star Trek store exclusives killing the line. I never paid much attention to them and still managed to get all the characters I wanted; except Captain Janeway. Got her finally last year I think. For me it was more that I had the characters I wanted and the new ones coming out just didn't appeal to me.

I do get tired of every wave of every line having at least one store exclusive these days. OK maybe not every wave but sometimes it feels that way.

PS. I wonder if all the TMNT stuff left Target and Walmart for Gamestop if we could save them. I mean they do preorders so all the fans could actually by the items they want in the quantity they want. OK that is a joke.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:14 PM   #2379
IMJ
Emperor

That's a perfect example. It's on record with a Playmates exec or designer or whatnot explaining how the exclusives killed the line - basically you don't make exclusives more limited than your fan base when it's a niche fanbase because those are the fans who want to buy all of the product. And what happens is that if they can't get certain releases they just bow out completely.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #2380
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Anybody spot the new 2 pack up for preorder yet?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote