Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

December 2020 Solicitations

TMNT ONGOING #112

Spoiler:

(W) Sophie Campbell (A/CA) Jodie Nishijima

Michelangelo takes to the airwaves as tensions in Mutant Town grow! New mutants have grievances with both the Turtles and the Mutanimals as both groups plan for the future. Plus Casey Jones returns!

TMNT JENNIKA II #2 (OF 6)

Spoiler:

(W) Brahm Revel (A/CA) Brahm Revel

Jennika descends deeper into the underground of Mutant Town in search of answers to the bizarre transformations that have been affecting her fellow citizens. Forced to work with a former enemy, Jennika realizes that the answers she seeks are more complicated and dangerous than she thought!
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Jennika is fine and all, but I heard if you love someone, you should set them free...
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm getting X-men vibes from the ongoing. We know the Mutant Town stuff is going on to around issue 120 so I'm interested to see how it's resolved.

It probably won't be, but keeping all mutants contained can't happen forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #4
AquaParade
Banned

The Last Ronin #2 was supposed to hit in December with the new schedule and we haven't even seen a proper preview of issue #1. RIP.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm getting X-men vibes from the ongoing. We know the Mutant Town stuff is going on to around issue 120 so I'm interested to see how it's resolved.
I hope the Sentinels are coming.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

It probably won't be, but keeping all mutants contained can't happen forever.
me, i'm getting bna/zootopia vibes with jenny having to investigate people turning savage.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #7
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
me, i'm getting bna/zootopia vibes with jenny having to investigate people turning savage.
Could just be a side effect of the mutation. Some of them might start to go savage based on what animal they are. So I could see some of the more predator types losing a bit of control when they are around mutants who look like prey animals.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #8
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Could just be a side effect of the mutation. Some of them might start to go savage based on what animal they are. So I could see some of the more predator types losing a bit of control when they are around mutants who look like prey animals.
That's a good point and an interesting avenue to explore. Before the bomb, IIRC, we had only seen three mutated humans. One of them - Dreadmon - had a very brief interaction with two other mutants who weren't prey animals, and the other two - Bebop and Rocksteady - were already highly volatile as humans to the point that everything looks like prey animals to them despite the fact that they mutated into herbivore species.

Regarding the cover, I'm curious: is that Pete? Why would he be in the shadows like that when we already know what he looks like? Maybe it's someone else?

Hob rocking the Kraven look, nice!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote