The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Captain Marvel 2

Brie is back but she will be joined by WandaVision's monica rambeau and Ms Marvel Kamala Khan

Revealed during The Walt Disney Company’s 2020 Investor Day presentation by Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios, and chief creative officer, Marvel, returning to her role as Carol Danvers in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel 2, Brie Larson will be joined by Iman Vellani, who makes her debut as Ms. Marvel in the Disney+ series of the same name. Additionally, joining the cast is Teyonah Parris, who portrays grown-up Monica Rambeau — a character introduced as a child in Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel — in Marvel Studios’ WandaVision.

The film, directed by Nia DaCosta, is slated to open November 11, 2022.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/movi...el-nia-dacosta
Old 12-10-2020, 06:50 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Really don't give a $hit.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Of course she’s gonna meet Kamala that’s no surprise. Brie owns my heart, I hope she gets better script and direction to work with. Captain Marvel was pretty much lacking in that so can’t blame her. She delivered in other roles like Room and even won an Oscar.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Really don't give a $hit.
I hope the people they are making this for show up. We already know that there will be some money to be made from the addicts - the same people who said "It's the BESTEST Marvel movie yet!!" when Iron Man 3 dropped and sucked. But beyond that, hopefully for them the people they made this for will show up.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:45 PM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I hope the people they are making this for show up. We already know that there will be some money to be made from the addicts - the same people who said "It's the BESTEST Marvel movie yet!!" when Iron Man 3 dropped and sucked. But beyond that, hopefully for them the people they made this for will show up.
At the moment, I have a hard time believing ANY movie is ever gonna see the light of day again.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:50 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
At the moment, I have a hard time believing ANY movie is ever gonna see the light of day again.
Budgets will take a big hit, for sure. They have to. If a new wacky strain of the Monkey Pox virus hits tomorrow, all the liberal states in the country -- and their theaters -- will just be back in lockdown and we'll just be right back in the same situation again. If budgets are kept low to medium, they can just do the streaming model at a low-loss.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

I still can't shake the whole "Marvel bought tickets to their own movie to boost the box office take" for the original Craptain Marvel.

It sounded like ludicrous conspiracy theory until theater owners themselves started showing video and shots of empty theaters that were sold out ahead of time via online ticketing.

Crazy.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:25 AM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Anything to claim "success".

The movie was too "important" to let it drift in the wind. There was very little genuine interest in the character or the movie, people just wanted to see how it linked to Endgame. They didn't care about her story at all. BUT, their first female super-hero movie, "We gotta beat Wonder Woman", all that stuff. They probably figured, "We're gonna make at least two billion from Endgame, we can drop another $100 mil or so on Captain Marvel and call it a business expense." Record companies buy records of their own artists all the time so they can brag about "10 million records sold!" and whatever. Same thing.

Love to know what the real box office was. As I've said before, it grossed "a billion" and I don't know a single person who's ever seen the damn thing.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:27 AM   #9
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Anything to claim "success".

The movie was too "important" to let it drift in the wind. There was very little genuine interest in the character or the movie, people just wanted to see how it linked to Endgame. They didn't care about her story at all. BUT, their first female super-hero movie, "We gotta beat Wonder Woman", all that stuff. They probably figured, "We're gonna make at least two billion from Endgame, we can drop another $100 mil or so on Captain Marvel and call it a business expense." Record companies buy records of their own artists all the time so they can brag about "10 million records sold!" and whatever. Same thing.

Love to know what the real box office was. As I've said before, it grossed "a billion" and I don't know a single person who's ever seen the damn thing.
Maybe that's why they are doing so much T.V. They won't have the income lying around after all of this to buy their own tickets to help clean up a potential mess if they run into one.

I'm only half serious, but the half of me that is serious about that is pretty serious.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:30 AM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

No, no, that's exactly why.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No, no, that's exactly why.
There are a lot of normies out there who would scoff at that and not even look up the reports and filmed evidence from theater owners. It is what it is. But look at the magnitudes of money we are talking about here. When something like the Avengers makes one BILLION dollars, a company literally then has the resources to create, fund and sustain their own micro-economy of goods if need be. So they push an agenda that people retaliate against but they can't fail so they buy their own tickets not expecting an empty theater to reveal what they did.

I was in an early screening of Endgame. It was filled with a wide group of fandom from LCS people to bloggers and more. I absolutely swear to God that when Craptain Marvel appeared on-screen in her big moment to take down the ship, the whole theater was dead silent. Dead silent. And then when Thanos smashed her with the power stone the whole place erupted in laughter. So help me that is the truth.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #12
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
There are a lot of normies out there who would scoff at that and not even look up the reports and filmed evidence from theater owners. It is what it is. But look at the magnitudes of money we are talking about here. When something like the Avengers makes one BILLION dollars, a company literally then has the resources to create, fund and sustain their own micro-economy of goods if need be. So they push an agenda that people retaliate against but they can't fail so they buy their own tickets not expecting an empty theater to reveal what they did.
I do't remember reports or filmed evidence of empty showings. I do remember a lot of twitter users who were already raging about the movie existing claiming they had been to empty showings and videos floating about of empty theaters that were used in comic/gamer gaters and alt right youtubers to "prove" that no one was seeing the movie/ Because those guys totally don't have any agenda.

They had to do something, right? After all everyone was saying for months that Disney paid off critics to give their MCU movies stellar reviews. When Captain Marvel came out and the general consensus from critics is that it was just okay (probably how I'd sum up the movie) their whole narrative was shot. They had to come up with something and ended up with an even dumber conspiracy theory.

Quote:
I was in an early screening of Endgame. It was filled with a wide group of fandom from LCS people to bloggers and more. I absolutely swear to God that when Craptain Marvel appeared on-screen in her big moment to take down the ship, the whole theater was dead silent. Dead silent. And then when Thanos smashed her with the power stone the whole place erupted in laughter. So help me that is the truth.
Yeah, yeah.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Yeah, yeah.
All of your counter opinions above are fine.
Until this. Dip $#!(. It's the way it was.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #14
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
All of your counter opinions above are fine.
Until this. Dip $#!(. It's the way it was.
Well it wasn't how it was when I went to see it and I don't think I've heard of anyone else experience that either. That's kinda my problem with all of these reports of empty theaters and the like it's all anecdotal. I don't doubt that some showings of Captain Marvel played to some empty theaters. My second viewing of the 2012 Avengers a week after it came out hardly had anyone there. That doesn't mean the movie wasn't a huge financial success.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:03 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Brie Larson super excited that Captain Marvel 2 has the MCU's first female black director:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...films-director
Old 02-11-2021, 08:22 PM   #16
Sumac
Banned

How about being excited about having a good script or a good director?

Oh wait...never mind. SJW trash doesn't care about quality. They care about MeSSaGe.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:35 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 04-18-2021, 03:48 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So I booted up my PS5 and I see this.

I don't play Fortnite and I certainly haven't clicked on any Brie Larson stuff... so... why?
Old 04-18-2021, 04:54 AM   #19
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
The cliffhanger for Infinity War sort of hyped up CM and got a lot thinking she's going to be the answer to Thanos only for her to show up, get in some hits, and get herself beaten in a few seconds in Endgame...wow. I should've laughed but I was more so disgusted.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:05 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I actually wonder if more credit isn't due to Feige and company there... and that seems weird to type. But what I mean is, yeah, they positioned Captain Marvel in such a way between such gigantic cushions that it could only accel (it's just good business)... but in the aftermath of general viewer reception of Captain Marvel? If Marvel Studios was just gung ho about an agenda, Captain Marvel 2 would have been greenlit right away and steamrolled into Phase 4 as this "new leader" figure it seems like she was once poised at... but instead? We only even started hearing anything concrete about Captain Marvel 2 a few months ago with about 0 before that beyond Brie's press people making her dress sexy and go on Conan or whatever.

Something happened.

Now, if one were to be conspiracy minded... it could alternately be that they went, "Uh oh... wait, we didn't go 'far enough.' Straight white female? That's just one step removed from straight white male. We need to shift Captain Marvel into a minority as soon as possible!" And then the push for Kamala and Monica to kind of swoop in to pass the baton to.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 04-18-2021 at 06:21 AM.