The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Which one are you?
Introvert 18 90.00%
Extrovert 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2021, 11:48 AM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert?

I was not able to find a thread like this anywhere on a forum, which I find surprising as it's a very common topic.

I assume the vast majority of people on this forum are introverts. I used to be an Introvert at one point in my life but things didn't go well that way so I eventually forced myself to become extroverted since life treats you much better for being such, and I don't regret the end result one bit even if changing your personality is no easy task.

Now, I can't stand the thought of being alone, I always need someone to share my thoughts with and be around, whether it be friends, family, people from my race and religious community etc. I have a few introverted friends, whom I find difficult to get along with, but I was once in their shoes too so I guess you just gotta be there for them while also not being there if that makes any sense...

Anyways, what are you? If you are mix of introverted and extroverted, pick the option which is more dominant.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #2
Sumac
Banned

Introvert.
Hate large crowds, parties and loud noises.
After being in a big crowd of people feel like I feel completely empty.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

I find being introverted is better, I'm too wary of sharing too much about my life, some paranoia that letting certain people know about certain things means they can use it against me in some way, plus there's lots of things in my life I'd rather not dwell on or remember. Don't mind sharing things I like to share with people I know, and can be outspoken when needed to stand ground or demand rights.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Introvert but only extrovert when I'm surrounded by friends or people I know really well.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

What's odd about me is that I often internally feel one way but behave outwardly in the complete opposite manner.

Like if anyone is around me for even 30 seconds, they would immediately say I was an extrovert. I've been called "naturally flamboyant" and been told that I "have a ton of energy". Even in wrestling purposes, it's very often been said that what I lack physically I make up for with charisma. I've always had a very easy ability to suddenly "turn on" whenever I'm around a group of people.

On the other side of that, though, I'm not always comfortable being around them, and if given the choice I prefer being either by myself or in very small groups of two or three. I spend a lot of time on quiet reflective introspection, and I tend to shun certain types of attention unless I invite it. I often feel like I'm misunderstood and that nobody really "gets" me, even when I'm around a lot of people and having a good time.

So in some ways, I feel almost equally introverted and extroverted. It's weird.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #6
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I identify as an introvert. However, I tend to become an extrovert around loved ones.

I guess it just depends on the environment.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:36 PM   #7
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I've always identified as an introvert. I was actually quite surprised some years ago when my dates would describe me as an extrovert.
I guess I'm a little bit of both, depending on the situation.
I used to love that feeling of getting in my car after a long day in the loud office. I was one of the more quiet people in the office, because I was focused most of the time (the nature of my work requires it).
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:54 PM   #8
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So far 7 to 1. No wonder I never hear of fan meet ups in the TMNT community.

I'm not sure how a person could just change themselves unless they're in the middle to begin with and can just lean harder in one direction because it's already partly natural to them.

I could not change myself and have no intention or need to. And unlike some here I'm not really one of those that becomes more extroverted around people I know. A little less reserved with them I suppose, simply based on comfort level, but still always the more subdued, reserved one in the room. (Not to be mistaken for a pushover or doormat.) Far more a listener than a talker and my need for socializing is pretty limited and gets met faster than any extrovert who won't wrap up their long winded story would ever understand. I'm sure some find me boring, but I don't feel it's my job to be their entertainment, so oh well. They either appreciate having a cool, calm one in their life, counter to all the other noise these days, or they don't. No hard feelings if I'm not someone's type, just don't go expecting me to change and be someone I'm not. Nothing wrong with introverts being who they are.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:02 PM   #9
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Weirdly I'm a hybrid. I can't be an introvert too long because I have to let it out and I can't be an extrovert to long 'cause it's too tiring.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:39 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

Definitely an introvert.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 08:52 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So far 7 to 1. No wonder I never hear of fan meet ups in the TMNT community.
Most people in the "TMNT fan community" still need help getting their TMNT jammies on and have to be in bed by dark, regardless of age. Sometimes it's state-mandated. So, y'know... those are probably factors, too.
------------

I will say - and my wife and I were just discussing this the other day when we were trying to arrange a meet-up with an old high school buddy - as outgoing as I can be, I tend to get along better and gravitate towards people who aren't very much like me. Like this friend of mine we were trying to meet up with (didn't work out, he had to work) is one of the very few people from high school I still see in real life once in a while, although not as often as I would like, but anyway, we've always been really tight despite being like complete opposite personalities. I can go on for days, and if he says three words in a row it's a lot. I wear my emotions on my sleeve, with him you have no idea what he's thinking or feeling unless he tells you. I get REALLY passionate about things, whereas the most outgoing I've ever heard him be about anything was like, "I'unno, it was alright." And so on. Like, if you told me this guy was a robot and it was all part of an elaborate AI experiment, I might not believe you but I would probably at least take a moment to consider it as a possibility.

Yet for some reason we just clicked right away and we always got along great. I kind of think that I'm so "amped up" that I shy away from other people who have my personality and gravitate towards the opposite. I suspect that being around other people like me all the time would be exhausting. I do have a few friends who are on a similar wavelength but over time I've noticed that I tend to get along better with "the quiet ones".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 12-06-2021 at 09:00 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Most people in the "TMNT fan community" still need help getting their TMNT jammies on and have to be in bed by dark, regardless of age. Sometimes it's state-mandated. So, y'know... those are probably factors, too.
------------
I still remember having to hit Walmart in the middle of the day due to the TMNT PJs state mandates.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
...we've always been really tight despite being like complete opposite personalities.

I do have a few friends who are on a similar wavelength but over time I've noticed that I tend to get along better with "the quiet ones".
Pretty much like I was saying...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
They either appreciate having a cool, calm one in their life, counter to all the other noise these days, or they don't.
Likewise, my oldest friend, since we were both 10-year-olds, is pretty much a total opposite as well and far more of a people person and all that.

I don't really put much stock in astrology stuff anymore, aside from just fortune cookie-level fun... but I think we are at least proof that the part about Taurus and Capricorn being some of the best BFFs of the zodiac has to be totally true.

edit: 10 to 1... Something tells me if there ever was a fan meet it would be for about 5 minutes. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-07-2021 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:53 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:40 PM   #15
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm an introvert out of choice, but I can go extroverted if I have to. It's mostly for making my current work place not-so-boring, and for actually talking to other people. It helps with learning things too.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:44 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Extreme introvert, much to the chagrin of my extreme extrovert wife.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:47 AM   #17
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I am as introverted as an introvert could be. Being around people for too long, even if I am enjoying myself, will drain me after awhile. Takes me awhile to get comfortable or use to people.

I am also not a fan of having people I don't know sprung on me.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #18
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Extreme introvert, much to the chagrin of my extreme extrovert wife.
I always say "well, she married ya" as in, she shoulda known the introvert she was getting in for lol.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:44 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've gone days, sometimes months without any type of human interaction.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I am also not a fan of having people I don't know sprung on me.
So much this.

Such as when I recently suggested to a friend (the same extrovert I mentioned in my last post) something that might be fun to go do on the 17th (rather than just lunch or dinner she'd suggested) and she immediately wanted to invite other people. >.<

Luckily she kept it limited and I know the setting won't feel socially demanding so whatever, I guess, but I was still a bit put off by it.