The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #221
CyberCubed
Overlord

I almost never use my nose, so if I lost my sense of smell, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I never smell food, I just eat it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #222
Prowler
Emperor

Is this the official covid-19 thread of the forums?

Well, Portugal recently went back to lockdown as we became the new hot-spot of the virus. I believe most of the latest infections were of the British strain. I think there's a Brazilian strain now though?

I haven't caught the virus, luckily. I've been careful and also only leave the house when I truly need to. I'm not going outside every single day. And when I do is to buy food or something. I also haven't set foot in a shopping mall or a restaurant in a long time now.

A someone who was diagnosed with depression half a year before the pandemic began I must say this wasn't that good of a time to get clinically depressed. I took antidepressants for over a year and have recently gotten off them. I'm supposed to be more physically active and try to improve my mood but that's quite difficult when the world is going through a nasty pandemic...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #223
mrmaczaps
Banned

What quarantine? I leave my house every day. No mask, no problems. Not sickness. Flew to Indiana in July. No mask. Four flights. 6 days in town. No mask anywhere. Flew home. Drove to NH the following Saturday. Its the flu. Masks don't work. Sooner folks figure that out, sooner things get better.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #224
frank_one
Mad Scientist

These days depression is a concern, I guess it can be even harder for people who was dealing with depression even before the pandemic. I hope you can get better, Prowler.
Luckily the situation is a bit better here in Italy and I'm able to see a couple of friends during the weekends, even if at 6:00 pm every bar must close and at 10 pm there's the curfew. This means A LOT to me.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:27 PM   #225
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
These days depression is a concern, I guess it can be even harder for people who was dealing with depression even before the pandemic. I hope you can get better, Prowler.
Luckily the situation is a bit better here in Italy and I'm able to see a couple of friends during the weekends, even if at 6:00 pm every bar must close and at 10 pm there's the curfew. This means A LOT to me.
Yes Portugal has been going through a rough period lately like Italy did last year and the UK a few months ago.

There was a day recently where 16k new cases had been diagnosed. In a country with slightly over 10 million people only that's a HUGE number.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:05 PM   #226
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I almost never use my nose, so if I lost my sense of smell, it wouldn't be a big deal to me. I never smell food, I just eat it.

Most people do smell (and taste) what they eat and drink. I simply don't know what you're doing, and I don't wanna know either.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #227
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
https://media2.giphy.com/media/DRGhTeGnn4Jm8/giphy.gif
Most people do smell (and taste) what they eat and drink. I simply don't know what you're doing, and I don't wanna know either.
He hates turtle nostrils so much, he got rid of his own.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:45 AM   #228
sdp
-

Another pandemic benefit, my company has paid all my utilities. I was doing the calculations for my company and despite this, it's actually cheaper for them to pay for electricity/water/internet than having us at the office.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:53 PM   #229
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've saved up so much money in the bank that unless I really do splurge buying luxuries or move to a bigger place or buy a car...I don't know what to do with it. I'm basically still saving up because I know eventually I'm going to have to blow it all.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #230
sdp
-

just invest your money and have your money make more money, if you don't know how just find a company that will charge you a fee to do it for you but you'll still have a net gain despite having a middle man.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #231
CyberCubed
Overlord

So I've done a count since I started working from home since April 2020, which is nearly a year ago now.

I've gone out of my home exactly 22 times out of the last almost 365 days. Usually a few times a month, a bit more than expected since I had a few dentist appointments and a doctor visit in that time. Surprised, I think there was one month I only left my home for like 1 day that entire month.

I've nearly forgotten what a ray of sunlight feels on my skin.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #232
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm a bit worried you feel perfectly fine about this. Going out for a walk, breathing some fresh air, seeing a friend, how can you live without these common things? You won't be young forever, you will regret not having lived enough while you could.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:14 PM   #233
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I'm a bit worried you feel perfectly fine about this. Going out for a walk, breathing some fresh air, seeing a friend, how can you live without these common things? You won't be young forever, you will regret not having lived enough while you could.
I'm pretty sure Cubed has mentioned a few times before that he doesn't have any friends.

Not so rare nowadays. A lot of people who spend a lot of time online are in the same situation. Which is what led them to spending a lot of time online in the first place. Because they can't connect with anyone they know irl and thus have to go online to meet people who share the same interests as them.

I, too, don't have any friends. I used to go outside more frequently before the pandemic, but with 3 different Lockdowns in the past 10-12 months it's become harder to do that kinda stuff.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:58 PM   #234
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I, too, don't have any friends.
You have a partner though, right? That makes a difference.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:55 PM   #235
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
You have a partner though, right? That makes a difference.
No, I don't. What makes you think I do?
Old 03-15-2021, 12:08 AM   #236
Leo656
The Franchise

He may have gotten you and Powder confused. Easier than you'd think at a glance.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:48 AM   #237
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Good news! According to Biden, maybe, maaaybe, if we're really good, he MIGHT allow us to have "small gatherings" by July 4th in 4 months.

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:02 PM   #238
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
He may have gotten you and Powder confused. Easier than you'd think at a glance.
Definetely I was remembering him talking about watching Godzilla movies with his partner... But it was Powder in the other thread.
Sorry, Prowler. I'm perfectly aware you and Powder are two different users but you have to consider that I can't see avatar images when I'm on my phone as I use the "lite" theme of the forum.
Old 03-15-2021, 01:13 PM   #239
CyberCubed
Overlord

Both Powder and Prowler are also anime fans and both have "P's" and "w's" in their usernames so it's easy to mix them up.

Powder lives in NY and Prowler lives in Portugal.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:27 PM   #240
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Quote:
Definetely I was remembering him talking about watching Godzilla movies with his partner... But it was Powder in the other thread.
Sorry, Prowler. I'm perfectly aware you and Powder are two different users but you have to consider that I can't see avatar images when I'm on my phone as I use the "lite" theme of the forum.
Oh yeah, that makes sense. You're not the first one to do that haha.