The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 06:02 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,916
TMNT #102 Preview and Discussion

Here's info and the cover for issue #102.
https://www.idwpublishing.com/produc...a-turtles-102/

Spoiler:
The Turtles are separated, each trying to find their own way forward. With their absence, Old Hob fills the power vacuum with the help of some very unusual new mutants!

__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:48 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 35,428
Does Old Hob ever take a breather...really, he goes from one crazy scheme to the next.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,784
I expect Hob to be the new main villain, and the next few issues to be a "monster of the day" breather series, as we get settled with the new status quo.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I expect Hob to be the new main villain, and the next few issues to be a "monster of the day" breather series, as we get settled with the new status quo.
Or Mutant of the Day rather.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
daggio
Foot Soldier
 
daggio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Or Mutant of the Day rather.
Heck, we might see some old faces from Fred Wolf and Archie......maybe Wyrm will return
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist
 
ChosenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Or Mutant of the Day rather.
This reminds me, I wonder if the day when all those New Yorkers were mutated will get an in-universe nickname?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
hypered1
Foot Soldier
 
hypered1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chessington
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Heck, we might see some old faces from Fred Wolf and Archie......maybe Wyrm will return
Calling it now that Ol' man Rupert is gonna be Pizza Face and we'll see Muckman and Joe Eyeball
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:45 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,916
Found this other image for issue 102.

Spoiler:
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Found this other image for issue 102.

Holy 4th wall break! Its an IDW comic on an IDW comic and playing Manhattan Project!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:28 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Holy 4th wall break! Its an IDW comic on an IDW comic and playing Manhattan Project!
Are you sure its Manhattan Project? It looks like the bridge level from Turtles In Time.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:30 PM   #11
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Are you sure its Manhattan Project? It looks like the bridge level from Turtles In Time.
It could be that too. My mind immediately jumped to the third level of Manhattan Project with the extensive battered bridge that has Slash as a mini-boss and Ball & Chain Swinging Bebop as the level boss.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #12
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,955
It's Big Apple, 3AM. If you don't recognize that, you get your shell card revoked.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #13
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,671
God I just love Mona Lisa's design in this series and that cover page just works wonders for her on a side note its really weird seeing Jennika playing video games with the turtles.
__________________
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:01 PM   #14
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It could be that too. My mind immediately jumped to the third level of Manhattan Project with the extensive battered bridge that has Slash as a mini-boss and Ball & Chain Swinging Bebop as the level boss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's Big Apple, 3AM. If you don't recognize that, you get your shell card revoked.

Also TMNT Manhattan project was only two player, where as TMNT in time was 4 on the arcade machine.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:14 PM   #15
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,814
The thing with Jennika that feels off to me is the idea that she is really just another ally of the turtles, like Casey, April, or even other mutants, but because she has a turtle body she gets a special mask and a "fifth beetle" type position?

I haven't read every issue, so please correct me if I am misinterpreting but it feels a bit stretched to me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 01:23 AM   #16
Wentos
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The thing with Jennika that feels off to me is the idea that she is really just another ally of the turtles, like Casey, April, or even other mutants, but because she has a turtle body she gets a special mask and a "fifth beetle" type position?

I haven't read every issue, so please correct me if I am misinterpreting but it feels a bit stretched to me.
No, you're right. Her position as "the fifth turtle" is underdeveloped and completely unearned. It's just one of a million other ideas that's been thrown in the stew and just kind of forgotten about.

What's really baffling is how hard Waltz was pushing Jennika on social media when she first mutated, as if she was the biggest contribution he was ever going to make to the TMNT mythos. I was convinced at the time that she was going to be a major focus and that he was going to work overtime convincing the fanbase that she deserved her spot.

It did not go that way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick, you have to do two things:

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.

Last edited by Wentos; 12-16-2019 at 01:29 AM.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:28 AM   #17
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,198
That image is... I think the BTC issue #102 variant cover iirc.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #18
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
No, you're right. Her position as "the fifth turtle" is underdeveloped and completely unearned. It's just one of a million other ideas that's been thrown in the stew and just kind of forgotten about.

What's really baffling is how hard Waltz was pushing Jennika on social media when she first mutated, as if she was the biggest contribution he was ever going to make to the TMNT mythos. I was convinced at the time that she was going to be a major focus and that he was going to work overtime convincing the fanbase that she deserved her spot.

It did not go that way.
There is the mini-series of her own, though time will tell. I do agree she is just another ally who fights alongside them in battle like Casey Jones, Mondo Gecko, etc. as Campbell expands on the character.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #19
lonewarrior20
Hench Mutant
 
lonewarrior20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: pekin,IL
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's Big Apple, 3AM. If you don't recognize that, you get your shell card revoked.
Not to mention their playing on the super nintendo. The only other tmnt game on there is tournament fighters. Man I can't wait to start reading in on mona in January.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 08:11 AM   #20
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 8,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Not to mention their playing on the super nintendo. The only other tmnt game on there is tournament fighters. Man I can't wait to start reading in on mona in January.
It does appear #101 was delayed to January 8th.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.