The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

No one has the rights of tmnt at the moment making it easier, the konami games have been rereleased plenty of times since the games came out and even when other companies had the rights, they just released an arcade with the games. This is without mentioning that we're seeing tons of licensed games nowadays rereleased.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:31 PM   #22
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
No one has the rights of tmnt at the moment making it easier, the konami games have been rereleased plenty of times since the games came out and even when other companies had the rights, they just released an arcade with the games. This is without mentioning that we're seeing tons of licensed games nowadays rereleased.
They still have to pay for it, and current Konami is against wasting money on anything other then Pachinko or mobile crap.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:54 PM   #23
shihe
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Konami doesn't have the rights. The only reason why we got Castlevania and Contra collections is because they still own the rights to those games. You could have Konami themselves come out with a giant posterboard that says WE DON'T OWN THE VIDEO GAME RIGHTS TO TMNT and people would still start petitions and this that and the other wanting them to do it.
But what about the arcades? Those are still being made. By another company, yes, but the game inside is still the same one made by Konami.
Since the rights as far as I know are now Nick’s alone (Viacom/Nick) it shouldn’t be that much of a hurdle now that Activision is out of the picture. Right?
Old 10-12-2019, 05:51 AM   #24
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Id like to think that arcade gaming rights are far different than video game rights.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #25
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
But what about the arcades? Those are still being made. By another company, yes, but the game inside is still the same one made by Konami.
Since the rights as far as I know are now Nick’s alone (Viacom/Nick) it shouldn’t be that much of a hurdle now that Activision is out of the picture. Right?
That's not that hard to understand, they just payed Viacom for the rights to the characters, and Konami to the rights for the game code. If someone does the same but for a collection for the current gen systems it's possible.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #26
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

I'm surprised more deals aren't made between the video game companies and whoever owns these IPs to rerelease the video games. Nostalgia sells. With something like TMNT, I would think it would be profitable to get the rights again.

I think a collection of old Batman games would kick ass too.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:46 AM   #27
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I would love the 2003 tmnt games thet did in the ps2/gamecube period. They were awesome, and the fact they were cel shaded has made them age so well.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #28
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Konami doesn't have the rights. The only reason why we got Castlevania and Contra collections is because they still own the rights to those games. You could have Konami themselves come out with a giant posterboard that says WE DON'T OWN THE VIDEO GAME RIGHTS TO TMNT and people would still start petitions and this that and the other wanting them to do it.
Unless a wider audience is made aware of these facts, unless it reaches meme status the wider world isn't aware of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
That's not that hard to understand, they just payed Viacom for the rights to the characters, and Konami to the rights for the game code. If someone does the same but for a collection for the current gen systems it's possible.
It's not that easy. If only it was that easy. They have to get the rights for the music featured in the game as well as any other legal hurdles such as in game licensing like Pizza Hut or whatever. It isn't just as simple as get the rights for the game and the property and wham, compile it into a collection. It takes time and that's the difference between those two Konami collections and Dotemu's Double Dragon Trilogy.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:54 AM   #29
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist

I didn't think a TMNT Konami collection was all that likely and I still don't think it is all that likely but the Arcade 1Up cabinet and release of the Turtles in Time soundtrack gives me a shred of hope that a Konami TMNT game compilation could happen and with the original music included.

It won't be easy to pull off by any stretch but someone may be crazy enough to do it.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:59 AM   #30
Galactus
Foot Elite

Personally I'd be satisfied with TMNT (NES), TMNT (Arcade), TMNT III: Manhattan Project, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES) and Tournament Fighters (SNES). I think that's more than doable.

Hyperstone Heist, the Genesis version of Tournament Fighters, the NES coin op, the portable games or anything based on the '03 show would be nice but would just be gravy.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote