The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #1481
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefont9 View Post
I was under the impression that both sets could be great and worth owning for their own reasons.
Yes they are, and I fully intend getting the new SDCC 17 set.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:16 AM   #1482
LilithMV
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane E5R View Post
The NECA figures are more screen accurate.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/att...1&d=1499799737

The S.H. Figuarts turtles were sculpted from a vintage style guide. You can see the style guide turtles in the upper left hand corner. Also note the details such as the "frame" around the plastron/"front shell" which is present on the style guide turtles, but was never featured on the turtles in the actual show. Further proof that the Figuarts turtles were based on the style guide can be seen on their original paint apps (even brighter green, black initial belt buckles with yellow trim and letter) until fan protest caused them to change the paint job to closer resemble the show. The "font" on the S.H. Figuarts belt buckle is also wrong.

The NECA turtles are right next to the model sheets used for the original cartoon. Note how they're... Well, spot on. No frame around the plastron, no frame around the belt buckle, proper font used on the initials.

The figuarts may be of higher quality overall, but NECA is the first company to produce completely screen accurate sculpts.
Yes, I prefer the vintage style. It's the style my profile picture has.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #1483
TCRI
Hench Mutant

In a way I'll be happy if there's no more SHF ones. Saves me a few £££s lol

If I feel the need I'll just get NECA FW Shredder and Krang from China.

No idea if they'll work scale-wise... and they might look terrible together.

A year later (or so) I'm still seeing SHF ones brand new going for less than RRP (certainly less than I paid) on eBay. Noot sure what that says about the line.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:52 AM   #1484
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRI View Post
No idea if they'll work scale-wise... and they might look terrible together.
The SHF are a bit on the large size for Japanese imports, so they're around the same height as the NECA FW Turtles.
Spoiler:

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:18 AM   #1485
TCRI
Hench Mutant

That'll work! Thanks
Old 07-14-2017, 04:39 AM   #1486
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

If the SHF figures are getting cheaper, I'd love to see someone customize them. A SHF with NECA's plastron, belt buckle and head would be nifty to see.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #1487
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Yes they are, and I fully intend getting the new SDCC 17 set.
The SHF still have a broader range of expression and poseability. I'll be happy to have both sets. My SHF for more "fun" scenes and my NECA set for battle scenes.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #1488
theassassin
Foot Soldier

So is that it? Figuarts Shredder and presumably all other future characters have quietly disappeared without a trace? Since there was no Figuarts TMNT presence at SDCC or mention of it apparently. You'd think at least one fan in attendance would take the time to ask the reps what's going on, but I haven't heard any reports yet.

Tamashii Nations/BlueFin could at least address the situation. I just feel so pissed off and disappointed that we will seemingly never get a high-quality figure line of ALL the core characters from the original toon, made by ONE company. Does no company actually care about doing this iconic series justice in figure form, and committing to doing the job properly?

I know NECA is doing some things but I really prefer the style of the Figuarts line and have already dropped a huge amount of money on the Figuarts Turtles. This is just Playmates Classic Collection crap all over again.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:29 PM   #1489
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
So is that it? Figuarts Shredder and presumably all other future characters have quietly disappeared without a trace? Since there was no Figuarts TMNT presence at SDCC or mention of it apparently. You'd think at least one fan in attendance would take the time to ask the reps what's going on, but I haven't heard any reports yet.

Tamashii Nations/BlueFin could at least address the situation. I just feel so pissed off and disappointed that we will seemingly never get a high-quality figure line of ALL the core characters from the original toon, made by ONE company. Does no company actually care about doing this iconic series justice in figure form, and committing to doing the job properly?

I know NECA is doing some things but I really prefer the style of the Figuarts line and have already dropped a huge amount of money on the Figuarts Turtles. This is just Playmates Classic Collection crap all over again.

I think its time that you gave the NECA figures a chance. I agree that the S.H. Figuarts turtles have better engineering overall, but at least the NECA figures have homogeneity among the group. Not to mention NECA just offers more when it comes to characters, accessory variation and often have better price points for the quantity and qualitty of figures we get. and NECA said it themselves at the con that they have no intention of seeing the turtle license go down the drain (no pun intended) so we can expect more. I'd rather have that than a line that appears to be half dead.

And as much as I would like bandai to have completed more of the FW verse and beyond, I'm not sure they are the right group to take us there. For one thing, anything sold by Bandai is mostly meant for the Japanese domestic market first, and then the rest of the world second. And secondly, Bandai made the mistake of releasing these figures within the Figuarts brand...thats just not very good planning on their part.

Figuarts is like the one action figure brand that just about encompasses every property foreign and domestic; There's Dragonball Z, Mega Man, Tiger and Bunny, Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Marvel, TMNT and anything else I may have left out. Adding such a huge legacy property like TMNT to Figuarts puts an even tighter strain on Bandai's resources and budget so it should be no surprise to anyone that they have been only able to release the four turtles thus far. And because its an American property that is based on a 30 year old franchise, there's a good chance that its not the highest priority on Bandai's to-do list.

So in summary...if you want turtle figures (or turtle figures done right) your choices are either Playmates, or NECA
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:04 AM   #1490
Miyamoto_Usagi
Thug

Has anyone got one of the K.O. S.H. figuarts Turtle figs? I am interested in what kind of quality they have. I would like to get a hold of an SH turtle cheap so that I can take it apart and see if I can fix the wonky proportions for the lower half of the body. KOs are up on the bay for about $40 shipped.

Quick MS Paint digibash with fixed hips and no cankles.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:47 AM   #1491
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyamoto_Usagi View Post
Has anyone got one of the K.O. S.H. figuarts Turtle figs? I am interested in what kind of quality they have. I would like to get a hold of an SH turtle cheap so that I can take it apart and see if I can fix the wonky proportions for the lower half of the body. KOs are up on the bay for about $40 shipped.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psypxyunvd.jpg
What are you talking about? Also photo bucket sucks and won't let us see your image if that's what you were trying to do

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #1492
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psypxyunvd.jpg
Yes, my brother bought a KO Raphael.
https://www.facebook.com/DallaCinaCo...20300114796571

The quality is good and even the legs are diecast metal, like the original. He is going to review it soon
Old 07-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #1493
Coro
Mad Scientist

I have legit ones for about that price. Specifically Raph actually.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:14 AM   #1494
Miyamoto_Usagi
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor86 View Post
Yes, my brother bought a KO Raphael.
https://www.facebook.com/DallaCinaCo...20300114796571

The quality is good and even the legs are diecast metal, like the original. He is going to review it soon
Rad, thanks for the reply. This could be a good candidate for a custom project.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #1495
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Rad, thanks for the reply. This could be a good candidate for a custom project.
Review is online!

https://dallacinaconfuroreblog.wordp...phael-bootleg/
Old 08-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #1496
TCRI
Hench Mutant

So no more figuarts (for a good while at least) and now cheap, well made bootlegs. Picked a winning line here didn't I :/
Old 08-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #1497
Powder
So tired of this place

They're ridiculously dope figures, period. Not getting other characters takes nothing away from how great the turtles are.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:19 PM   #1498
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They're ridiculously dope figures, period. Not getting other characters takes nothing away from how great the turtles are.
Agreed. These are great figures. I also have all the NECA sets and it's worth it to get both if you can. The SHF are superior in the posing department, by a long shot. Also the alternate heads add more variety for your shelf or photos.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #1499
Coro
Mad Scientist

All my spares are gone. I am down to just 1 final set. If anyone wants it, let me know. They are genuine.

I also have a Raph and Leo out of the box for demo purposes. I am willing to part them out if you want. Very minor wear.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #1500
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
All my spares are gone. I am down to just 1 final set. If anyone wants it, let me know. They are genuine.

I also have a Raph and Leo out of the box for demo purposes. I am willing to part them out if you want. Very minor wear.
How much for the loose Raph?
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote