The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #7361
Vicky82
Emperor

I saw Lara Croft on Saturday, it was alright better than the Angelina Jolie versions.

Then later I finally watched Pacific Rim and I enjoyed it, so I will watch the new movie this weekend.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:54 PM   #7362
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I decided to give A Streetcar Named Desire a watch.

And boy, does it ever have Tennessee Williams' fingerprints all over it. Not the story I was expecting with the "Hey Stella" scene being so infamous. I thought it was something totally different.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:27 AM   #7363
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Rocky IV , 4.5/6 (best thing is ost , James Brown , Apollos exit & Dolphs iron man)

Balboa 4.5/6

Dr No 5/6

Shrek 4.5/6
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #7364
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Rewatched Justice League last night. Not as good on second viewing. Hubby was bored, said he was not impressed. I WANT to like these heroes, but.... Guess it's just too slow, dark and dramatic for our tastes.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #7365
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Rewatched Justice League last night. Not as good on second viewing. Hubby was bored, said he was not impressed. I WANT to like these heroes, but.... Guess it's just too slow, dark and dramatic for our tastes.
I saw this for the first time last week, because I was expecting it to suck (comments of others) I didn't find it that bad, it was still enjoyable enough to watch. Not sure on what they did with Superman though (didn't tie in with the end of Batman vs Superman either) His character was fine though.

Last edited by newfan; 04-02-2018 at 08:35 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #7366
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Better than the previous one, but had too much going on.

Life. A nice little creature feature.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #7367
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Rewatched TMNT (1990) the other day with my roommie, who'd never seen it.

The older I get, the more I really appreciate the human performances in that movie. April and Casey are so well done.

Things that didn't go as well was the realization that I'm likely older than Charles Pennington now, and how I really don't like Don or Leo's characterizations at all.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:28 PM   #7368
newfan
Mad Scientist

Went to watch A Wrinkle in Time the other day, it was okay
Old 04-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #7369
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Things that didn't go as well was the realization that I'm likely older than Charles Pennington now, and how I really don't like Don or Leo's characterizations at all.
Same for that. It's the best TMNT movie, but that's... that's not saying a lot, given the competition.

Rewatched the first Thor movie last night. Everybody is so gosh-darn young.

Giggled like a psycho every time the Warriors Three were on screen. Dead men walking.

Shame about Lady Sif, though... would have loved to see her get fleshed out, kick some ass.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #7370
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Took me a long time but Spiderman Homecoming. Is the suit coming from Stark completely new or was it ever in the comics?

Watched Cult of Chucky, just because it was on TV, not seen every one of those movies.

Watching the latest transformers currently.

Yes, Tony DID give Peter a new suit in the comics, but it was the red and gold Iron Spider suit, which had all sorts of tech in it, and it was shortly before the Civil War started. He soon realized that Tony was using the suit to spy on him, and eventually ditched it when he changed sides during the Civil War to help Cap and the others who were against the Registration Act.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #7371
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Yes, Tony DID give Peter a new suit in the comics, but it was the red and gold Iron Spider suit, which had all sorts of tech in it, and it was shortly before the Civil War started. He soon realized that Tony was using the suit to spy on him, and eventually ditched it when he changed sides during the Civil War to help Cap and the others who were against the Registration Act.
Oh, different to the movies then (side switching in Civil War) I just thought when I watched the new movie that it kinda made sense, Stark has the resources but then there was something to Peter's ability to create his own also, I didn't know what fans thought of that which I why I wondered what had taken place in the comics. Thanks for that.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:30 PM   #7372
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Isle of Dogs. It was pretty good. Wes Anderson did some interesting things with the medium but the movie came off the rails a little bit near the end but I guess it got back on track and wrapped things up nicely. I liked Fantastic Mr. Fox more but I'd still recommend it

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 04-17-2018 at 09:44 PM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:36 AM   #7373
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Oh, different to the movies then (side switching in Civil War)
The comic book event Civil War and the movie Civil War only share a couple of similarities but are completely different stories.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #7374
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Watched Uncle Buck last night for the first time in about 25 years.

It's funny because it's one of those movies I watched all the time as a kid yet never really understood what it was actually about. It was a movie from a time when I was so young I only understood half sentences and was trying to piece together by context what the adults were talking about.

Such a surreal feeling to revisit this movie for me. But I enjoyed the trip.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:19 AM   #7375
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The Signal (2014)

Not bad, keeps your attention well enough trying to figure out what's going on, and if you don't mind thinking about it still a little after trying to figure out certain pieces... At the same time though, was never overly impressed with the concept and ends kind of disappointingly...

Spoiler:
...'cuz they're clearly never going home, even after all that effort.

Only thing that rather bugged me though, enough that it kind of turned into one of the bigger elements for me, unfortunately, was the one token girl in it... She (apparently the lead's girlfriend) really had little reason to even be there, as she had pretty much no job to do in the film, and could have been removed with little negative impact. Or, heck, replaced with, say, the lead's 10-year-old sister instead.

Unless something important happened with her in the first 20-some minutes I missed, which I doubt, the only real thing she did that mattered slightly to the film...

Spoiler:
...was aim a gun at a truck driver to make him stop the truck. After which there is a shot of her standing frozen in silence still pointing the gun at him by the side of the road and her boyfriend comes over, puts his hand on the gun and lowers is. On top of that he'd previously also told her to "stay here" and "put your seat belt on," so yeah, a 10-year-old sister would make just as much sense. Heck, even most (all?) kisses were even to her forehead.

I was REALLY waiting for there to be a big twist late in it that centers on her. After all, we'd eventually found out that her boyfriend had been given robotic legs, and is now super fast, and his/their friend has robotic lower arms and had some serious punching strength. But nope... she doesn't turn out to be "one of them" (alien or alien-tech robot?) or reveal a power and/or go ballistic like I was fully expecting. No... she's once again unconscious, loaded up on a gurney and taken away by a helicopter. (But not by rescuers, she'll just be captive again.)

A short time previously it had been revealed that she has one TINY metallic looking spot on her upper back, that's it. And nothing comes of it. We never know what was done to her. No robo-powers for the girl like the guys had, just passive attendance to some events of the film or unconsciousness.

The film as a whole could have been improved by making her a more integral part of the film rather than just making her the token girl that vaguely seems to be an emotional plot device 'because girlfriend.'

I mean, it's a decent enough film to be watchable, but it displays part of the film industry's girl problem rather loud and clear.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-23-2018 at 10:37 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #7376
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Avengers: Infinity War.

It delivered.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:49 AM   #7377
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Watched 1998's All I Wanna Do.

Surprisingly good considering I've never even heard of it before.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #7378
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Alien: Covenant

Alien: Covenant
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #7379
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Just came home from Infinity War, was pretty good. I really liked the portrayal of Thanos despite his plan isn't due to trying to date Death itself.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #7380
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I'm still on the plane on the way home and I came across the Disaster Artist. Man, Tommy is weirder than I could've imagined.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies